
Casablanca's Hidden Gem: Radisson Gauthier — Unbelievable Luxury Awaits!
Casablanca's Radisson Gauthier: More Than Just a Hotel, It's a Vibe (and a Seriously Luxurious One)
Okay, so I just got back from Casablanca, and, folks, I have news. Forget the tourist traps. Forget the predictable "luxury" you get in a hundred other cities. The Radisson Gauthier? It's a hidden gem, alright. More like a sparkling diamond buried under a pile of Moroccan mint tea leaves. Seriously.
Let's be clear: I'm not usually one for the "luxury" scene. I'm more of a backpacking, hostel-hopping, street-food-devouring kind of traveler. But after a rather chaotic week of navigating the medina and haggling for spices, I needed to treat myself. And boy did Radisson Gauthier deliver.
First Impressions (and a Bit of a Rambling Introduction, Because That's How It Went Down):
From the moment I stepped out of the airport transfer (booked through the hotel, smooth as silk – gotta love that airport transfer), I felt a sigh of relief. The doorman, impeccably dressed (a bit too impeccably, if I'm honest, felt a bit self-conscious in my travel-worn jeans!), whisked away my luggage before I could even fully register. The lobby? Forget sterile and corporate. It was opulent, with a distinct Moroccan flair, but not in a cheesy, over-the-top touristy way. Think warm lighting, plush seating areas, and a subtle scent of… something heavenly. Like a sophisticated perfume.
Before I even saw the room, the vibe won me over.
Accessibility: A Really Important Note:
Right off the bat, I have to mention accessibility. This is HUGE. The Radisson Gauthier gets it right. They have facilities for disabled guests, and the entire place is thoughtfully designed with wheelchair accessibility in mind. Elevator access everywhere, ramps where needed – truly impressive. They’re thinking about everyone, and that’s a massive win in my book.
The Room: My Own Personal Oasis
Oh. My. God. The room. I’m still dreaming about it. (Okay, maybe I’m being a tad dramatic, but after that week, the room was a lifesaver.)
- Wi-Fi: Free? Check! In All Rooms? Double-Check! Thank heavens. I was able to catch up with everyone.
- Air conditioning: Essential. Believe me.
- Blackout curtains: My saviors. Slept like a log.
- The Bed: Seriously comfortable. I’m talking sink-into-it-and-never-leave comfortable. The extra long bed was nice.
- Bathroom: Marble. Immaculate. With a bathtub large enough to swim in (almost). Shower? Huge. Seriously, amazing.
- Amenities: Bathrobes, slippers, complimentary tea, coffee/tea maker, free bottled water. Everything you could possibly need. And then some. Free Wi-Fi in the room was a godsend.
But here's the thing: It wasn't just the amenities. It was the feeling. It felt like a sanctuary, a cocoon of calm in the heart of a bustling city. My room had a window that opened, which was perfect for letting in some fresh air. The soundproofing was EXCEPTIONAL. I never heard a peep from the outside world (or the hallway, for that matter). I also used the ironing facilities, which proved to be necessary.
And the Internet? They’ve got Wi-Fi [free], Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN, and the Internet [LAN]. Solid connection. Was able to catch up on a few things.
Things to Do (and the "Relaxation" Part – My Absolute Favorite)
Okay, let’s get to the good stuff. This is where the Radisson really shines.
- The Pool with a View: Oh, that pool. Perched on the rooftop, offering panoramic views of Casablanca. I spent an entire afternoon lounging there, sipping cocktails from the poolside bar. Pure bliss. There's a sauna, steamroom, and spa facilities to boot.
- The Spa: I indulged in a massage. A real massage. The kind where you forget your name and all your worries melt away. They have a Body scrub and Body wrap, too, but I didn't try those. Next time!
- Fitness Center: Okay, so I intended to hit the gym. (I even packed my workout gear!). It looked very well-equipped, but I'll be honest, the allure of the pool and the spa won out. It had a Gym/fitness area.
- Ways to Relax: They have a Foot bath. Now that's a luxury I've never had before.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food, Glorious Food!
I'll be brutally honest. I ate. A lot. The food at Radisson Gauthier was a major highlight.
- Restaurants: There are multiple restaurants with diverse offerings, including international cuisine, Asian cuisine, and a vegetarian restaurant.
- Breakfast: The breakfast buffet was a feast. Seriously, everything you could possibly imagine. Fresh fruit, pastries, eggs made to order, a whole table dedicated to cheese… I mean, COME ON! You could order breakfast in room if you wanted, but I liked the buffet. The Asian breakfast was also a very pleasant surprise.
- Lunch/Dinner: The restaurant I frequented most offered a lovely a la carte in restaurant experience. I could order salad in restaurant, which I appreciated. The coffee/tea in restaurant was very nice.
- Snacking: During my pool time, the poolside bar was a lifeline for food and drinks.
- Room Service: The room service [24-hour] service was fantastic.
- The Bar: I thoroughly enjoyed the bar and its Happy hour.
Cleanliness and Safety: Peace of Mind is Priceless
Look, in the current climate, safety is everything. I'm happy to report that Radisson Gauthier takes this seriously.
- Hand sanitizer everywhere.
- Staff trained in safety protocol.
- Daily disinfection in common areas.
- Safe dining setup.
- Rooms sanitized between stays.
It was reassuring. I felt completely safe throughout my stay. The staff was always attentive and helpful, but never intrusive.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things Make a Big Difference
Radisson Gauthier offers a whole host of services that elevate the experience.
- Concierge: Always on hand to assist with anything you need. Helped me book a tour.
- Daily housekeeping: My room was spotless every day.
- Laundry service and Dry cleaning.
- Currency exchange.
- Valet parking and Car park [free of charge].
For the Kids (and the Young at Heart):
- Babysitting service: For those traveling with little ones.
- Family/child friendly: They really do cater for the whole family.
- Kids facilities: They have everything you need.
Getting Around:
The airport transfer (mentioned before) was a lifesaver. They also offer Taxi service.
Accessibility to other areas: Easy to get around.
Areas to Improve, if I'm Being Picky (and I Am):
- The noise levels are a bit unpredictable. The hotel is located by a building, which can sometimes be noisy.
- Service can be slow at times, especially in the restaurant.
The Verdict: Go. Just Go.
Look, I've been to a lot of hotels. This one? It's special. It's a sanctuary. It's a treat. It's a vibe. The Radisson Gauthier is more than just a place to stay; it's an experience. It's the perfect base to explore Casablanca, or a luxurious escape from the city's hustle and bustle.
My Recommendation? BOOK NOW.
Here's My Special Offer (Because I Loved It So Much, I Want You to Go!):
Book your stay at the Radisson Gauthier Casablanca through [Your Link] and receive:
- A complimentary upgrade to a superior room (based on availability).
- A free welcome drink at the bar.
- A 15% discount on spa treatments.
Don't miss out. This is Casablanca's hidden gem, and it's waiting for you to discover it.
Fukuoka's Hidden Gem: Uncover the TRIP POD KOMONDO-MACHI Secret!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your perfectly-polished travel brochure. We're diving headfirst into the chaotic, glorious mess that is a trip to Casablanca, with the Radisson Blu Hotel Casablanca Gauthier La Citadelle as our anchor. Prepare yourselves for some real talk, some questionable decisions, and enough emotional whiplash to give you motion sickness.
The Radisson Rhapsody (and Ramblings): Casablanca, Baby!
Day 1: Arrival & Anticipation (and a Noodle-Related Crisis)
- 10:00 AM (ish): Touchdown at Mohammed V International Airport (CMN). Jet lag is already a cruel mistress. The airport itself? Surprisingly… functional. I'd mentally prepared for immediate chaos, but it was more of a gentle, slightly overwhelming hug. Passport control was actually pleasant. Are we in some kind of alternate reality?
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Taxi ride to the hotel. This is where the real fun begins. The driving? Think a Formula 1 race crossed with a chaotic ballet. Horns blaring, near misses, and the absolute conviction that everyone else is an idiot. I gripped the seat, muttered prayers in several languages, and made a mental note to check my life insurance policy.
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Check-in at the Radisson. Ah, the sweet, air-conditioned promise of a hotel room. The lobby is sleek, modern, and filled with that generic "hotel scent" that's a mix of disinfectant and the faint aroma of ambition. The staff were polite, bordering on distractingly handsome. Could there be a conspiracy to keep me from leaving?
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: After quickly dropping my bags in the room, I then felt the siren song of hunger…so I headed straight to the hotel restaurant. HUGE MISTAKE. I ordered some noodles that were so bland that the waiter seemed embarrassed to bring them. I did my best to eat, but was ultimately defeated and paid the bill with a face that felt more than a little deflated.
- 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM: A little nap to shake off the stress and the bad noodles.
- 5:00 PM: After the nap I decided to explore the neighborhood Gauthier. I wandered along the avenues, overwhelmed by the energy. The smells of spices, exhaust fumes, and freshly baked bread were an assault on the senses in the best possible way.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at a local cafe. I opted for something a bit more "safe" this time - a delicious chicken tagine. Seriously, the tagine was the best thing ever. The waiter, a kind-faced man with a twinkling eye, told me, "This is Casablanca. You either fall in love or you run away screaming." I, for one, was starting to fall.
Day 2: The Medina Meltdown & Market Mania (and a Spot of Regret)
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the Radisson. Solid, standard hotel buffet fare. No noodle-related disasters this time, thank God. Fueling up for a day of potential chaos.
- 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM: The Medina. Oh, the Medina. Prepare for a sensory supernova. Narrow alleyways, overflowing stalls piled high with everything imaginable, persistent vendors, and a constant symphony of bartering. I got gloriously, wonderfully LOST within minutes. It was a thrilling, exhilarating, slightly panic-inducing experience. I may have bought a rug I definitely don't need. And a fake designer handbag. Don't judge me. Jet lag, remember?
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch. Found a tiny, hole-in-the-wall place that was packed with locals. Ordered something I didn't recognize. It was spicy, delicious, and possibly contained organs I'd rather not think about. Zero regrets.
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: The Hassan II Mosque. Absolutely breathtaking. The sheer scale is mind-boggling, and the intricate detail is astounding. I felt humbled, awestruck, and slightly self-conscious in my decidedly non-modest attire. A truly unforgettable experience. I did, however, witness a kid spit at his friend and a mother yell at hers as a bad omen.
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Back to the Medina. Because, apparently, I'm a glutton for punishment. This time, I'm armed with a little more confidence (and a healthy dose of skepticism). I haggled for a leather jacket until I was hoarse and felt my face burn. Victory! (Or so I thought, until I got back to the hotel and saw it was probably fake).
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel. The pasta and the wine were exquisite. I felt relief.
Day 3: Coastal Rambles & Farewell Feels (and a Little Bit of Denial)
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. Cereal! My favourite on a trip!
- 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Beach time at the Ain Diab corniche. The Atlantic waves are invigorating. I spent the morning, basking in the sun and watching the surfers.
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch at a beachside restaurant. Simple seafood, fresh and delicious. The sounds of the waves, the smell of the salt, and the feeling of the sun on my skin made me wish I could stay forever.
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Back to the hotel for a final massage and time to pack. The massage was the only thing I can remember in detail. It was perfect!
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Last-minute souvenir shopping. Realized how little of my budget I had spent.
- 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: One final drink at the hotel bar. Reflecting on the trip. The chaos, the beauty, the questionable purchases, the moments of pure joy. It was all so perfectly, imperfectly wonderful.
- 7:00 PM: Check out from the hotel and head to the airport.
- 10:00 PM: Departure. As the plane takes off, I can't help but feel a twinge of sadness. Casablanca, you crazy, beautiful city, you've captured a piece of my heart. I'll be back, even if it takes me a few more years to save up for the rug.
Final Thoughts:
Okay, so yeah, it's a whirlwind. A messy, emotional rollercoaster. But that's the point, isn't it? Travel shouldn't be about ticking boxes. It's about embracing the unexpected, the imperfect, the glorious chaos. Casablanca, you were a punch in the gut and a kiss on the cheek all rolled into one. And I wouldn't have it any other way. Now if you excuse me, I need to go unpack that rug…and probably throw out those noodles.
Luxury Escapes Await: Uncover Hotel Luzeiros Fortaleza's Hidden Gems!
Radisson Gauthier: Frankly, My Dear, I *Do* Care If You're Going! (FAQ Edition - With Feelings!)
So, Radisson Gauthier... What IS the big deal? Is it actually LUXURY or just fancy wallpaper?
Alright, alright, settle down. Look, I went expecting maybe "slightly above average nice hotel." Nope. Radisson Gauthier is… well, it nearly *wrecked* my budget. And I’m not even sorry. This isn't some sterile, predictable chain hotel. It’s like stepping into a Casablanca scene, but with Wi-Fi that actually *works*. Luxury? Absolutely. It's the kind that makes you slightly paranoid about touching anything, you know? Like, "Am I allowed to even LOOK at that lamp?" But the good kind of paranoid. The beautiful kind. Think plush robes, amazing city views (especially important if you're used to looking at the same four walls all the time, like me), and service so smooth it’s almost *too* good. But hey, I'm not complaining!
Location, Location, Location! Is it actually convenient to, like, *anything*?
Okay, this is key. Forget some back-alley hideaway. The Gauthier is right in the heart of it all. You're a stone's throw from everything you'd *actually* want to see. The old medina? Easy. The Corniche? Stroll away. Fancy restaurants? Literally across the street. (Though, fair warning, trying to navigate the chaotic Casablanca traffic can feel like you're competing in a real-life Grand Theft Auto situation. But that's Casablanca, baby!) Even getting cabs is easy. Although, I took one that almost gave me a coronary. The driver apparently had a grudge against the entire concept of braking, and I was convinced we were going to end up as a bumper-car collision. But hey, at least I survived to tell the tale, and be close to the Gauthier! That's what you want.
The Rooms – Spill the Tea! Are they actually worth the price? (And can I get a decent cup of coffee?)
Alright, the rooms... Okay, so I splurged. I *had* to, for "research" purposes, you understand. (Don't tell my accountant.) I got a suite. And. Oh. My. God. It was obscene. In the *best* way. Seriously, I felt like I was living in a movie. The bed? Cloud Nine, personified. The bathroom? So massive, I considered moving in completely. Forget just a decent cup of coffee, they had a Nespresso machine *and* a gorgeous balcony. I spent a solid hour just staring out at Casablanca, feeling like royalty. The only downside? Eventually, I had to leave my little palace of comfort. And now I know I'll never be happy with my basic hotel rooms ever again. Ever. So yeah, the rooms are worth it. Especially the suites. Just take out a second mortgage, or something!
Let's talk food. Is the onsite restaurant as fabulous as it looks in the photos? Also, tell us about the breakfast!
Oh, the food. Okay, here's the thing. I'm a picky eater. A very picky eater. I'm that person who sends things back if the parsley garnish isn't perfectly arranged. But even *I* was blown away. The restaurant is genuinely gorgeous – again, it's all the "Casablanca sophistication" vibe. And the food… the presentation alone is an art form. But it tastes AMAZING! Seriously, I ate things I wouldn't *dream* of ordering, and loved every single bite. Breakfast is a *buffet*, but not the sad kind. Think fresh pastries (OMG, the croissants!), made-to-order omelets, exotic fruit – it's a feast. I may have gone back for thirds. No regrets. Just be prepared to waddle back to your room.
The Service – Can you actually get someone to bring you a drink without waiting an hour?
Service. This is where the Gauthier *truly* shines. Staff are so lovely, they could probably fix world peace. (Okay, maybe not, but they're *that* good!) The staff were friendly, helpful, and incredibly efficient. Nothing was too much trouble. Want another pillow? Boom. Need restaurant recommendations? They've got you covered. Need someone to calm you down after a harrowing taxi ride? They can probably do that too. I swear, at one point, I dropped my iPhone in the lobby and someone magically materialized to pick it up before I even noticed. They were just... *on it*. I'm still trying to figure out how they knew!
Any downsides? Because nothing's perfect, right? Be honest!
Okay. Okay, I'll be honest. It's expensive. REALLY expensive. Like, you might need to sell a kidney expensive. And… well, sometimes, I had to wait *maybe* five minutes for a drink at the bar. The horror! Kidding - it was never that bad. And, okay, one minor thing. The elevator music was a little too…pompous for my taste. But otherwise, honestly? It was pretty darn perfect. (And, fine, I might have left my toothbrush. But that's my fault, not theirs!) The price is the biggest sticking point for sure. But… if you can swing it? Do it. Seriously. It's worth every single, agonizingly expensive penny.
Okay, let's get serious. The Swimming Pool, the Spa... any thoughts? (Were you there?!)
The pool... alright. Again, confession time. I am not a pool person. Like, I prefer to stay inside, preferably under a blanket with a good movie. However. I did venture to the pool. For "research," naturally. It's beautiful. It's on the roof! Amazing views of the city, gorgeous loungers, and the water looked inviting... even to me. The Spa? I didn’t even go! I thought I'd be wasting money, since I'm more of a "sit-on-the-couch" kind of spa person. I'm sure it's fab. *Everything* at the Gauthier is fab. I'll have to try it next time (and I *will* be back). Maybe I'll write another FAQ. Hopefully, next time, I won't have to sell a kidney… although, it was worth it. The pool looked tempting, even to a hermit like me! I did order a mocktail, and that was the best decision I made all day.
So, the big question: Would you go back? (And would you actually recommend it?)
Without a doubt, yes. Absolutely, unequivocally, YES! Look you might be able to find something cheaper, but the experience is totally worth to spend there. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to treat themselves, or to someone who needs a luxurious escape. It’s not just a hotel; it’s a wholeStayin The Heart

