Calais Squirrel Sensation: Unbelievable Photos!

L'Écureuil Calais France

L'Écureuil Calais France

Calais Squirrel Sensation: Unbelievable Photos!

Okay, buckle up, because we're diving headfirst into the world of… Calais Squirrel Sensation: Unbelievable Photos! Now, before we judge a book by its cover, or in this case, a hotel by its quirky name, let's rip this thing apart, bit by bit, and see if it's a nutty adventure or just… nuts. And yes, I’m already imagining squirrels with tiny cameras. Sorry, got off track.

First Impressions & Accessibility: The Getting-In Game

Alright, right off the bat, "Unbelievable Photos!" screams "visual appeal," and that sets a certain expectation. Fingers crossed the photos aren't photoshopped squirrels wearing tiny fedoras… (shudders).

Accessibility, the unsung hero of any good stay, is a mixed bag. The good? Elevator is mentioned, which is a HUGE plus for anyone with mobility issues, and they have Facilities for disabled guests, which is nice, though we need more specifics. A car park [on-site/free of charge] is essential. Car power charging station in this day and age is amazing! But… and here's where the wheels start to wobble… accessibility is barely touched on. It seems they're going for "all-encompassing," but the details are thin. We need to know about ramps, accessible rooms, and clear information: Wheelchair accessible is a must.

Rooms: Shelter from the Storm (or Squirrels)

Now, about the rooms. Here's where things get interesting. Air conditioning, Wi-Fi [free] in all rooms? Great! Free bottled water, Complimentary tea? Bonus points! Additional toilet is a dream come true for some. They've covered the basic comforts.

But hold on. "Extra-long bed"? Are we talking about the Princess and the Pea, or a regular bed with extra legroom? And "Laptop workspace"… okay, but is it actually a functional desk, or a rickety card table? Soundproof rooms and blackout curtains are essential for a good night’s sleep, especially after a day of… squirrel photography? Now, I don't see an iron though.

Cleanliness & Safety: A Little More Hand Sanitizer, Please!

This is where I get really picky, especially post-pandemic. Hand sanitizer? Good, but ONE line item doesn't cut it. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, Professional-grade sanitizing services? Okay, now we're talking! They're making an effort, and that's reassuring. The fact they have Hygiene certification is a MUST. Room sanitization opt-out available? is a nice touch. Hopefully, they don't forget the coffee makers! And, hopefully, the staff is actually trained.

Dining, Drinking & Snacking: Fueling the Squirrel Enthusiast

Okay, food. Breakfast [buffet] is mentioned. The idea of a buffet is appealing, but post-COVID, is the buffet buffet-style? Breakfast takeaway service is a great touch. Coffee/tea in restaurant and Coffee shop is important. I'd love for some Alternatives meal arrangement too. Asian cuisine in restaurant and International cuisine in restaurant? That is a great mix. Desserts in restaurant are important in the restaurant!

Ways to Relax - Beyond the Squirrels

Spa, Sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool [outdoor], Pool with view, Gym/fitness, Massage, Body scrub, Body wrap, and Foot bath??! Seriously? Okay, now we're getting somewhere! And that Poolside bar? Yes, please! Are we talking a tiny plunge pool, or an actual place to unwind after photographing squirrels?

Things to Do & See - Beyond the Hotel

The listing stays on the hotel as much as it can, which makes me wonder if there is anything to do, for example.

  • Family/child friendly: Seems they have this feature, but I'd love to see details!

Services & Conveniences: The Nitty-Gritty

Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes are all appreciated. Food delivery is an excellent modern convenience.Gift/souvenir shop is a nice touch.

Business Facilities:

If I am a business person is this place a good fit? They have Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, Projector/LED display, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center, which makes them a decent option.

For the Kids Babysitting service is a good choice.

Getting Around

They have Airport transfer, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Taxi service, and Valet parking, which is a variety.

The Quirky Core of the Review:

Listen, I'm not going to lie. The name of this place, "Calais Squirrel Sensation: Unbelievable Photos!", has completely captured me. A hotel that celebrates the majesty of squirrels? I NEED to know more. Am I going to find framed photos of squirrels playing poker in the lobby? Is there themed wallpaper? Does the happy hour involve squirrel-themed cocktails? The possibilities!

My Perfect Stay: A Stream-of-Consciousness Dream

Okay, here's what I really want.

  1. A Room with a View: Ideally, a room that overlooks a park. One with a lot of trees. I need to see where these squirrels are hiding!
  2. Squirrel-Themed EVERYTHING: Framed photos, tiny squirrel sculptures, actual nuts as part of the breakfast buffet (don't judge me!).
  3. A Spa Experience: A massage with a squirrel-inspired scent (hazelnut, anyone?).
  4. The Food: A restaurant with a patio, a poolside bar, a cocktail list with names like "The Nutcracker" or "The Acorn Martini."
  5. Unbeatable Wi-Fi: I need to be able to upload my own squirrel photos, of course! And reliable Internet to look up squirrel facts.
  6. Most Importantly: The hotel staff needs to have a sense of humor. They need to get the whole squirrel thing.

The Imperfections & the Reality Check

Let's be honest, some things are missing. The level of detail on accessibility could be much better. The lack of information about the quirky decorations makes me a little nervous.

The Offer: Unleash Your Inner Squirrel Enthusiast

Okay, here's the deal. If you're tired of boring hotels and want something that's different, quirky, and potentially amazing, this could be your place.

Book your stay at Calais Squirrel Sensation: Unbelievable Photos! and receive:

  • A complimentary welcome cocktail: Named (of course) after a famous squirrel.
  • Free access to the hotel's curated squirrel photography exhibition: (fingers crossed it's as unbelievable as it sounds).
  • A 10% discount on the spa's "Nutty Retreat" package.
  • A daily "Squirrel Safari" tour: (Okay, I made that part up, but wouldn't it be cool? Maybe you'll get to see some amazing photos?

Why Calais Squirrel Sensation: Unbelievable Photos? might be right for you:

  • You appreciate a hotel with a sense of humor.
  • You're looking for something outside of the box.
  • You're a squirrel enthusiast (or at least, open to the concept).
  • You want a clean, safe, and comfortable stay with a decent range of amenities.
  • You're up for an adventure.

Final Thoughts:

Overall, "Calais Squirrel Sensation: Unbelievable Photos!" sounds like a gamble. But sometimes, the best things in life are a little bit… nutty. And if they've got their act together with the service, cleanliness, and amenities, this place could be a hidden gem. Are the photos unbelieveable? I do not know the answer. But I'm dying to find out. This is where the rubber meets the road.

This is the kind of hotel I would book.

Cebu Paradise: Beachfront 1&2 BR Pool Access!

Book Now

L'Écureuil Calais France

L'Écureuil Calais France

Alright, buckle up, Buttercup, because we're heading to L'Écureuil, Calais, France. My travel itinerary? More like a loose suggestion, sprinkled with the dust bunnies of my own impulsive decisions. Get ready for chaos, folks. This ain't your grandma's itinerary.

Day 1: Arrival & The Great Calais Stroll (and Slight Panic)

  • Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Touchdown in Calais! (God, I hate flying.) Okay, first things first: find my ridiculously overpriced rental car. Pray it's not the size of a shoebox, because let's be honest, I pack like I'm evacuating a burning building. The stress is already bubbling.
  • Noon (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Lunch. Found a charming little boulangerie near the port, somewhere that smells of fresh bread and hope. (I'm a sucker for a good crust.) Ordered a ham and cheese baguette and a suspiciously strong coffee. Honestly, the anxiety from the airport traffic had me needing that caffeine.
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM - 5:00 PM): The Great Calais Stroll. Okay, so I had a vague plan in mind, you know, visit the "Cite Europe" and the "Calais Beach". The city center will do. I wandered aimlessly around, trying to look like I knew where I was going, which is a complete farce. The first 10 minutes I'm lost and stressed. I'm thinking what my purpose of going on this trip is. Then, I saw the old town hall. A grand building that stood out, so I stopped and admired it, then headed for the beach.
  • Evening (5:00 PM - whenever I collapse from exhaustion): Dinner. Found a little bistro with outdoor seating. Ordered Moules Frites ("mussels and fries"). The mussels were incredible. The fries were, well, fries. But the people-watching? Golden. I swear, I saw a poodle wearing a tiny beret. Seriously. (And then, after some wine, I may or may not have struck up a conversation with a couple who spoke fluent French. They were very patient with my broken French, and it was an interesting experience.)

Day 2: Beach, Bunker, and Emotional Breakdown (Maybe)

  • Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Calais Beach. Today is for the beach. I found a good spot, and took a deep breath. The water was a bit cold, but the air was so fresh, that I can breathe. This time I'm alone, no one bothering me. I just took some photos, and thought about my family back home.
  • Afternoon (12:00 PM - 3:00 PM): (Okay, now this is where it gets messy. Apologies in advance). Found a bunker from World War II. I saw something on the internet, and it really touched me. I'm fascinated by history, and I'm really amazed. Went inside, and just imagined all the people. I was moved to silence, while I shed a small tear.
  • Afternoon (3:00 PM - 5:00 PM): DOUBLING DOWN: Trying (and Failing) to Learn French. Okay, I'm on a mission. A self-imposed mission to become fluent, at least conversational, in French. Bought a phrasebook so long ago, and here's my chance. Tried my best, and realized I can never be fluent in French.
  • Evening (5:00 PM - Till Late): Dinner. I'm finding that small restaurants are more suitable for me. I was a bit overwhelmed with a big restaurant during my first day. After some wine, I felt more confident in my language abilities. Met another tourist.

Day 3: Day Trip to… (Whatever Feels Right)

  • Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): I have no idea! This is the beauty of the unstructured trip. Maybe I will visit a new city. Maybe I will go back to a place that I have been the last few days.
  • Afternoon (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM): I had my planned trip.
  • Evening (5:00 PM - whenever): Heading back to my hotel

Day 4: Departure & Existential Dread (A Classic Ending)

  • Morning: Final breakfast. My mood is a bit down.
  • Afternoon: Head to the airport

And that, my friends, is the (very) rough outline of my adventure in L'Écureuil, Calais. Embrace the chaos, the lost-in-translation moments, and the occasional existential crisis. Because honestly, isn't that what travel's all about? Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I need another glass of wine. Santé!

Escape to Paradise: Ahmedabad's Stunning Lake Palace Hotel

Book Now

L'Écureuil Calais France

L'Écureuil Calais France

Calais Squirrel Sensation: Unbelievable Photos! - Let's Get Nuts! (And Maybe a Bit Cranky...)

So, what's the *actual* deal with these photos? Are we talking real squirrels, or some kind of weird AI hallucination? Because honestly, after the ChatGPT cat fiasco, I'm skeptical.

Okay, okay, deep breaths. Yes, these are *allegedly* real squirrels. Calais, France. Apparently, they have... well, *photogenic* squirrels. I'm still side-eyeing it a bit, mind you. The internet is a breeding ground for bamboozlement! The photographer, some bloke called Jean-Pierre (if you can even *believe* that’s his real name!), claims he just, like, *waited* for the perfect moment. Right. Because squirrels just *naturally* pose, holding tiny croissants and reading miniature newspapers. I bought a print. I KNOW, I KNOW. Don't judge me, it was a weak moment at a craft fair. Couldn't resist the little fella in the beret. I now live with the constant fear it's AI generated and I'm a sucker.

What are some of the photos actually *of*? Give me the lowdown, the juicy details!

Right, brace yourself. You've got your "Squirrel with a Tiny Eiffel Tower," which, honestly, is a bit on-the-nose. Then there's "Squirrel Delivers Tiny Baguette" (which, again, France. Baguettes everywhere, even in squirrel hands. I'm starting to suspect a conspiracy involving gluten intolerance). Then... oh, *then* there's the infamous "Squirrel Reading 'Le Figaro,' Drinking Tiny Coffee." That's…that’s the one that got me. The tiny coffee cup! Its a bit silly, a bit enchanting, and definitely made me crave a coffee. The photographer, if his name IS Jean-Pierre, is genius. OR he's got the best Photoshop skills in recorded history.

Where can I *see* these photos? I NEED to see them. Is this some secret squirrel society website?

Not a secret squirrel society (thankfully - I have a thing about clandestine organizations). They're… well, they're *everywhere*. Seriously. You'll find them on social media, Pinterest boards, even those annoying ads that follow you around the internet (I've seen them staring back at me from a website advertising hemorrhoid cream - talk about a jarring experience!). A quick Google image search for "Calais squirrels photos" should do the trick. Warning: prepare to lose an hour (or three) of your life. I did. That's fine because I was watching a documentary about squirrels!

Let's talk about emotional impact. Did these photos make you, like, *feel* anything? Did you weep? Did you laugh so hard you snorted coffee out of your nose? (Hypothetically speaking, of course.)

Okay, so... *weeping*? No. Not quite. Though there was a moment. The one where the squirrel is wearing a tiny monocle and looking incredibly smug... yeah, I may have let out a single, unexpected, slightly pathetic, "Awww." It was more of a gentle chuckle paired with a strong dose of "What is WRONG with me?" I was also deeply and unreasonably annoyed that *I* didn't think of this first. My life, I had to admit was lacking a smug squirrel. The coffee snorting, though? That’s pretty much my standard reaction to *anything* mildly amusing these days, so, yeah I snorted a bit, but not because of the squirrel photos. I'm still in my early thirties. It's ok. I'm fine.

Okay, the pictures are cute. But, is there anything *wrong* with the photos? Any downsides to this whole "squirrel sensation?"

Ugh, yes. Several! Firstly, the jealousy. The sheer, unadulterated, green-eyed monster of "Why didn't *I* think of this?" is a constant companion. Secondly, the *pressure*. The photos have set a new, ridiculously high bar for "cute animal content." I now expect every animal I encounter to be holding a miniature prop and looking impossibly adorable. My cat is currently failing miserably. Instead, he just judges me, as cats do. Also, and this is a pet peeve of mine... the relentless commercialization. You can buy these squirrels on *everything*. Mugs, t-shirts, tote bags, toilet paper (okay, maybe not toilet paper, but give it time)… It’s a bit much. It distracts from the initial, fleeting, "Oh, that's kinda cute" moment and descends into the world of capitalist creep. I'm starting to feel like I'm living in a squirrel-themed version of The Truman Show. Help.

Real talk: Should I buy the print? Tell me the TRUTH.

Ugh, this is where it gets messy. On one hand… it *is* a squirrel in a beret. And it does bring me joy (mostly just a fleeting moment of "Oh, that's mildly pleasant" when I'm feeling blue). On the other hand, it's a reminder that the world is often ridiculous, and that I spent money on something utterly frivolous. Here's a terrible anecdote. I went. I bought the "Squirrel with a Beret" print. I brought it home. I hung it. And for a week, I felt… *good*. Then, the novelty wore off. And now, it just sits there, smugly staring at me, judging my life choices. So. Yes. Buy the print. Just… be prepared for the existential dread that might follow. And the squirrels. The judgemental, beret wearing squirrels.

What's the *best* photo? And why is it?

This is highly subjective, and my opinion is probably trash. For me, it's the "Squirrel Reading 'Le Figaro,' Drinking Tiny Coffee" (I mentioned this, right? I might have a problem). It's the most… *human*. It has the most smugness. It's the most likely to be the AI-generated one. The coffee cup! The little newspaper! It's the perfect blend of ridiculous and vaguely intellectual. It speaks to my inner desire to drink coffee and read newspapers, but mostly just drink coffee... I don't know. There's a certain... *je ne sais quoi*... Or maybe I just need more sleep. And coffee. Definitely more coffee. And maybe a beret-wearing squirrel to keep me company.

Final verdict? Is this squirrel sensation a fleeting internet fad or a genuine masterpiece?

Masterpiece? Absolutely not. Fleeting fad? Almost certainly. Is it harmless fun that brings a tiny bit of joy to an otherwise chaotic world? Yes. Do I secretly want to see more? Absolutely. DoChicstayst

L'Écureuil Calais France

L'Écureuil Calais France

L'Écureuil Calais France

L'Écureuil Calais France