Poseidon's Paradise: Your Dream Voula Seaside Apartment Awaits!

Poseidon - Voula seaside apartment Athens Greece

Poseidon - Voula seaside apartment Athens Greece

Poseidon's Paradise: Your Dream Voula Seaside Apartment Awaits!

Poseidon's Paradise: A Seaside Siren Song (Or Maybe Just a Really Nice Apartment?) - A Review That's Probably Too Honest

Okay, so, Poseidon's Paradise. Sounds fancy, right? Like you're about to be greeted by a bronzed god holding a trident… Nope. But hey, it's in Voula, which is already a win in my book. I'm talking beach. Salty air. Basically, the good life. So, did the apartment live up to the hype? Let's break it down, shall we? (Warning: May contain tangents and the occasional unnecessary exclamation point!)

First Impressions & Accessibility: The Stairs From Hell (…But Maybe It's Fine?)

Right off the bat, let's be real. Accessibility. This is, unfortunately, where it gets a little hairy. They mention facilities for disabled guests, which is promising. But I'm not sure precisely what that entails. Based on the surrounding buildings of the general vicinity, it may require some planning. There's no obvious elevator from what I saw, and that could be a problem if you're not up for a stair climb. So, do your homework on that front.

The check-in/out [private] process was a breeze – really appreciated the contactless check-in/out. And the staff trained in safety protocol seemed legit; everyone was masked, and there were hand sanitizers EVERYWHERE. That's a huge comfort right now.

Cleanliness & Safety: Obsessively Clean… Almost Creepy?

Okay, so this is good, and then it’s maybe a little much. Rooms sanitized between stays. Check. Anti-viral cleaning products. Check. Daily disinfection in common areas. Triple check! The place was immaculate. Like, surgically clean. You could eat off the… well, maybe not the floor, but everything looked pristine. They’re clearly really, REALLY serious about hygiene. This also extended to the sanitized kitchen and tableware items. (And you know what? That’s a GOOD thing.)

But… and maybe it was just me… it almost felt too clean. Like, I was afraid to breathe in case I messed something up. The constant feeling of "don't touch anything!" made me a little… anxious. But hey, that's a me problem, right? The hand sanitizer and first aid kit were everywhere. Also, Room sanitization opt-out available.

Internet & Digital Detox (or, The Eternal Wi-Fi Struggle)

Praise Poseidon, there’s Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! I mean, it's 2024. This is an essential. I was able to easily jump on their Internet service to check my emails or watch a show or two. They even had Internet access – LAN which I didn't even bother using but it was available.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax: Spa-tacular (Maybe, if You're Into That)…

Now, this is where the "Paradise" part might come in. They boast a spa. Yes, a spa. And though I didn't use this, but based on my research, this spa definitely has a steam room and sauna. There’s also a swimming pool [outdoor]. This is where I see an absolutely stunning pool with a view! So, you know, if you're into that sort of pampering (which, let's be honest, I'm not always), then it's probably pretty awesome. Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage… the works.

And here's a real anecdote. My partner is a fitness junkie. She peeked in the Fitness center and was VERY impressed. And the Pool with view? Apparently, it’s Instagram-worthy.

But I'm more of a "beach bum with a book" type.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food Glorious Food (With Options!)

Okay, I'm a foodie first, a vacationer second. So, the dining, drinking, and snacking situation was important. They have a restaurant, and a poolside bar. So, Poolside bar, sounds like a great place to get a cocktail. And the Happy hour will be fun, I'm sure.

There was a Breakfast [buffet], and it was decent standard with a lot of Asian cuisine in restaurant . There’s also Breakfast in room, just in case you're feeling antisocial. And I really appreciate having a Coffee shop. Seriously, coffee is life. And for those avoiding gluten and other dietary restrictions, there’s a Vegetarian restaurant and an Alternative meal arrangement.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

The nitty-gritty stuff? They've got you covered. Daily housekeeping. Laundry service. A concierge. Currency exchange. You know, the usual. They even have a convenience store in case you need a last-minute snack or a toothbrush.

For the Kids (Shoutout to the Babysitters!)

They have Kids facilities and offer a Babysitting service.

The Rooms: A Coastal Chic Canvas

The Available in all rooms section is impressive. Air conditioning, a Blackout curtains (thank you, sweet baby Jesus), a Coffee/tea maker, a desk, a Hair dryer, a Refrigerator, a Satellite/cable channels, a Separate shower/bathtub, a Slippers, a Towels, Wi-Fi [free]… the essentials. I'm also a big fan of the Window that opens, because fresh air is always a good idea.

The bed was comfy, the Linens were fresh, and the Shower had good pressure. The Smoke detector and Fire extinguisher made me feel safe. The Mini bar, always a win (though I’m pretty sure mine was empty because I drank it all).

Getting Around: Beach, Please.

Airport transfer? Check. Taxi service? Check. Car park [free of charge]? Double check!

However, the real star here is the location. You're steps from the beach. Literally. Which, in my opinion, is priceless. The Bicycle parking is a nice touch.

The Verdict (With a Side of Honesty)

Look, Poseidon's Paradise isn't perfect. A little spotty on the accessibility front. And the overly-cleanliness thing might make some people a little uneasy at first.

But… (and this is a big but) the location is fantastic. The rooms are comfortable. The staff are friendly. And the overall vibe is pretty great. Definitely family friendly and designed to chill and relax.

The "I'm Gonna Book It RIGHT NOW!" Offer (Because You Deserve a Vacation)

Here's the deal: Book your stay at Poseidon's Paradise today, and get a complimentary bottle of local wine upon arrival! Plus, for a limited time, we're offering a free upgrade to a room with a balcony overlooking the sea (subject to availability). Use the code "SEASIDEESCAPE" during booking to claim your offer. Don't miss out on the chance to experience Voula at its finest. You deserve it!

Escape to Hanoi: Glamping in a Mongolian Yurt!

Book Now

Poseidon - Voula seaside apartment Athens Greece

Poseidon - Voula seaside apartment Athens Greece

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. We're going to Athens, baby! Specifically, we're setting up camp in a "Poseidon-Voula seaside apartment." Sounds fancy, right? Let's see if it can live up to the hype… and survive me.

The Absolutely-Not-Perfect Athenian Adventure: A Messy Itinerary

Day 1: Arrival & That Damn Balcony

  • Morning (like, really morning): Flight lands, bleary-eyed. Passport control: the usual soul-crushing queue. Let's be honest, I always think I've lost my passport right before I get to the front. Panic. Find it. Relief. Repeat this process for the next decade. Taxi ride to the apartment. Pray the driver doesn't try to sell me a timeshare in Mykonos.

    • Expected Emotional State: Exhausted, vaguely grumpy, but secretly excited.
    • Quirky Observation: Greek taxi drivers seem to adhere to a uniform: chain-smoking, questionable music taste, and a complete lack of lane discipline. Charming!
  • Afternoon: Unpack (or, more accurately, throw everything in the general direction of a closet) at the Voula apartment. The Poseidon part? I'm picturing a majestic, god of the sea, kind of vibe. The reality? Let's just say I'll be judging the balcony situation very closely. Is the view as advertised? Can I sunbathe without the neighbors judging my pale legs? These are the real questions. Grocery run! Gotta stock up on essentials – coffee (duh), feta (obvious), and enough wine to drown out the inevitable jet lag.

    • Anecdote: Last time I tried to “cook” in a foreign kitchen, I set off the smoke alarm and nearly burned down a perfectly innocent saucepan. Let's hope my culinary skills have improved. Or, y'know, that takeout is readily available.
    • Anticipated Mess: The balcony is tiny, it’s filthy. The view, though? Breathtaking. I can already picture myself drinking wine, watching the sunset, and ignoring all my responsibilities. Yep, vacation is officially ON.
  • Evening: Sunset drinks on the balcony. Verdict? The view redeems everything. Seriously stunning. Dinner at a local taverna – fingers crossed I can navigate the menu without looking like a complete idiot (my Greek is… nonexistent). Try to learn a few basic Greek phrases. "Please," "Thank you," and "Where is the bathroom?" are crucial.

    • Emotional Reaction: Pure, unadulterated joy. This is what I live for. This is why I work. This is why I put up with that idiot Dave in accounting.
    • Rambling Thought: Okay, so the apartment is starting to feel a little… stuffy. Maybe I need a little air. Or a whole lot of air conditioning. And is that a mosquito? Oh sweet Zeus, the war has begun.

Day 2: Antiquity & A Possible Meltdown

  • Morning: Acropolis, baby! The main event! I've been dreaming of this since I was a kid. Get there early before the crowds/heat descend. I'm picturing myself gazing in awe at the Parthenon, feeling a profound connection to history. I'll probably just be sweating, taking a million pictures, and secretly wishing I'd worn better shoes.
    • Opinionated Language: This is the reason you come to Athens. It's breathtaking, mind-blowing, and utterly humbling. If you're not impressed, you’re probably dead inside.
    • Imperfection: Tourist traps… I feel like I am going to get totally ripped off by a street vendor trying to sell me a cheap trinket. I am bad with money.
  • Afternoon: Lunch near the Acropolis. Hopefully somewhere with air conditioning. Explore the Ancient Agora – maybe try to understand something other than, gasp, the ancient marketplace. Attempt to decipher an ancient inscription. Fail miserably but convince myself I “understood” the general idea.
    • Messy Structure: Okay, I've got to be honest. After a few hours of sun and history, I'm starting to feel… overwhelmed. So. Much. Information. Maybe a gelato break is in order. Or a nap. Or both.
    • Anecdote: Once, I got so lost in the Roman Forum that I ended up in some obscure catacomb and nearly had a panic attack. Let's try not to repeat that experience, shall we?
  • Evening: Dinner in Plaka, the charming (and probably touristy) old town. Try to find a restaurant with live music. Embrace the chaos. And maybe, just maybe, attempt to learn the Zorba dance. (Spoiler alert: I will fail spectacularly.)
    • Stronger Emotional Reaction: I’m starting to feel… overwhelmed. The crowds, the heat, the constant buzz of a new city… it’s a lot. I hope I can handle this. I just want to relax and feel happy.
    • Rambling Thought: I am also starting to crave a decent burger. Did I pack any comfort food?

Day 3: Seaside Bliss (and Potential Disaster)

  • Morning: Beach day! Head to one of the beaches near the apartment. Sunscreen. Hat. Book. Basically, prepare for maximum relaxation. Lie on a beach and do absolutely nothing.
    • Doubling Down on an Experience: Sunbathing. An art form. I'm going to get a perfect tan. No lines. No burns. Just glorious, sun-kissed perfection. Or… I’ll fall asleep and get a lobster-red back. My skin is not cooperating.
  • Afternoon: Swim. Paddle. Get lost in the sea. Find an ice cream.
  • Evening: Sunset cocktails or a cooking class. I'm torn. Cooking class sounds fun… but what if I mess up the whole thing and end up burning everything down. Decisions, decisions!
    • Opinionated Language: Greece and food go hand-in-hand! So, I'm going to eat. I am going to embrace the food. This is going to be the best part of this trip.
    • Quirky Observation: I swear, every Greek taverna has a resident cat. They are judging me. Which is fair.
    • Emotional Reaction: I'm finally starting to relax. The sun, the sea, the food… this is what I needed.
    • Imperfection: This is where the chaos is likely to truly begin. I don't know any of the language, I'm bad with maps, and I'm probably going to get lost. I am going to get lost.
  • * Possible Disaster: Get lost anyway. Lose passport. Lose all my money. Start to panic. Then find a beach bar and laugh it off. Maybe.

Day 4: Departure (Reluctantly)

  • Morning: Last chance for a leisurely breakfast on the balcony. One more look at the sea. Pack things up, trying not to think about returning to reality.
  • Afternoon: Taxi to the airport. Farewell, Athens!
  • Evening: Fly home. Think about all the things I forgot to do (or, more likely, did not do). Already start plotting my return. The end.
    • Emotional Reaction: Sad to leave, but also… strangely renewed. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be sunburned, slightly broke, and in need of a serious detox, but hey, it was worth it.
    • Rambling Thought: Okay, so maybe I should've learned some actual Greek. And maybe I should've packed more sunscreen. But overall? Definitely a success. Now, where can I get a gyros delivered?
Sunway Velocity Luxe: KL's BEST 5-Person Family Apartment? 🤯

Book Now

Poseidon - Voula seaside apartment Athens Greece

Poseidon - Voula seaside apartment Athens Greece

Poseidon's Paradise: Seriously, Are You *Sure* You Want to Know? (FAQs!)

Okay, Okay. So, What *Exactly* is Poseidon's Paradise? Sounds...fancy.

Alright, fine. It's a seaside apartment in Voula. Picture this: sun, sea, and... well, *hopefully* some relaxation. Honestly, the name "Poseidon's Paradise" was my neighbor, Dimitri's idea. He's... enthusiastic. The first time I saw it, I was like, "Dimitri, honey, this is... *nice*, but paradise? Maybe after a couple of stiff ouzos." It's a cozy two-bedroom place, right on the water. You can smell the sea breeze (and sometimes, the neighbor's grilling… which is AMAZING).

Is it really *on* the beach? Because I've been burned (literally) by misleading "beachfront" listings.

Okay, okay, you're right to be suspicious. It's practically *on* the beach. Like, stumble-out-of-bed-in-your-swimsuit-and-into-the-water kind of close. There's a tiny little strip of sand right in front. Now, it’s not some glamorous, perfectly-manicured beach. Think more... authentic. You get the genuine, slightly-sandy-feet-after-a-swim vibe. And the occasional rogue wave that tries to steal your flip-flops. It's real life, people.

What's the apartment itself like? Is it...modern? (Please say yes.)

Modern-ish. Look, it's not going to win any interior design awards. Let's be honest. I've seen more glamorous bathrooms. But it's comfortable. And clean! (Mostly. I've got a cleaning lady, thank the gods.) The kitchen is…functional. I make a mean Greek salad though, so it serves its purpose. The living room has a balcony with the *million-dollar view* - okay, maybe not a million, but spectacular! You can sit out there and watch the sunset, and it’s… well, it's worth the price of admission! Seriously, that view. I've cried over that view. (Okay, maybe just *once*, after a particularly bad breakup, but still!)

What's the deal with the Wi-Fi? I NEED to stay connected. Okay?

The Wi-Fi... is a work in progress. Let's just put it that way. It *works*. Sometimes. Maybe. Don’t expect lightning-fast speeds to download a whole season of your favorite show. The walls are THICK. And apparently, Poseidon doesn't approve of seamless internet connections. But seriously, you're in Greece! Get off your phone! Go swim! Go eat some delicious food! Embrace the digital detox! (I need this advice, too). Although, I *will* say, I managed to stream the Olympics one time. It was a miracle.

Is there parking? Because parking in Voula can be a nightmare.

Parking... Ugh. This is the Achilles' heel. There's *street* parking. Which means, it's a free-for-all. It's like the Hunger Games, but with parking spots. Sometimes, you circle for what feels like an hour, plotting your next move, hoping someone will leave. I've driven around for ages before, seriously contemplating leaving my car on the side of the highway only to find a spot right when I gave up hope. It's brutal. The good news is, Voula is small enough that you can walk to most places. Embrace those sea-side strolls! Be prepared to curse a little though.

Okay, let's talk about the neighbors. Are they loud? Nosy?

Ah, the neighbors. Dimitri, bless his heart, is the loudest. He’s always grilling, talking loudly on his phone (mostly gossiping), and, in general, living his best life. Which is fine, usually. He's a good guy. And he brings me grilled octopus sometimes, which is a major plus. Then you have Mrs. Papadopoulos, who waters her plants at 6 am and has a killer gardenia bush. Everyone knows everyone. It’s a small community vibe, which I mostly adore.

Is there anything *really* bad about it? Be honest!

Okay, deep breaths. The air conditioning can be a bit iffy in the hottest months. It fights the heat. It does not always win. You might hear the occasional barking dog from next door. And, and, AND… this is a big one... I once locked myself out on the balcony. At 3 AM. In my pajamas. Barefoot. Dimitri had to let me back in. Humiliating. But honestly? The good stuff far outweighs the bad. The sunsets alone...

So, overall, would *you* stay there?

Listen, I *live* there! And yes, I would, again and again. Despite the parking, the wonky Wi-Fi, and the slightly-aging aesthetics, it’s my little slice of heaven. The sound of the waves, the salty air, the amazing food… it gets into your soul. It brings a sense of calmness, you cannot get anywhere else. It’s imperfect, it's real, and it's *mine*. So, if you're looking for sterile perfection, maybe look elsewhere. But if you want a genuine Greek experience, a place to unwind, and a chance to feel the magic of the sea… then, well, maybe Poseidon’s Paradise is for you. But don't tell too many people, okay? I want to be able to go there myself!

I want the BEST experience possible. Tell us the secrets!

Ahhhhhh, the secrets. Okay, lean in close. This is the golden truth. First: coffee. Get a strong Greek coffee and sit on the balcony at sunrise. Watch the world wake up. Second: find that little taverna down the beach (I won't name it, because it’s secret) they grill the best octopus you’ll ever have. Third: go for a swim at sunset. Just do it. The water is magical. Fourth: and this is the most important. Let go. Don't sweat the small stuff. Embrace the imperfection. Let the Greek sea work its magic. You'll fall in love. And fifth: avoid the parking during rush hour. Seriously.
Find Secret Hotel Deals

Poseidon - Voula seaside apartment Athens Greece

Poseidon - Voula seaside apartment Athens Greece

Poseidon - Voula seaside apartment Athens Greece

Poseidon - Voula seaside apartment Athens Greece