
Unbelievable Family Suite in Manila's Bel Air Soho! (F5K14)
Unbelievable Family Suite in Bel-Air Soho (F5K14): A Brutally Honest Review (and a desperate attempt to sell you on it!)
Okay, so I've just clawed my way out of the Unbelievable Family Suite in Bel-Air Soho (F5K14) and I'm exhausted. Not from the suite itself, mind you, but from the sheer volume of… well, everything. Before I dive in, let me just warn you: this isn't your polished tourist blog. This is me, post-sugar-rush (because, yes, I plundered the mini-bar – more on that later), spilling the beans and trying to decide if I'd actually, you know, recommend it.
First Impressions (and a Mild Panic)
The "Unbelievable" part? Hmm. Let's just say the marketing department was feeling optimistic. But, honestly? It is big. Really big. And that's a lifesaver if you're traveling with a horde of small humans, or just a really large, drama-prone partner (been there, done that). The accessibility seemed decent, given Manila standards. Elevator access (thank goodness!) and I saw some signage for facilities for disabled guests. Navigating bustling Manila is a whole other beast, but once inside, it’s manageable.
Before I get ahead of myself here's a list of the different parts that will be reviewed to make sure that all the goods are covered:
- Accessibility
- On-site accessible restaurants / lounges
- Wheelchair accessible
- Internet access
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!
- Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas
- Things to do, ways to relax
- Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]
- Cleanliness and safety
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment
- Dining, drinking, and snacking
- A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant
- Services and conveniences
- Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center
- For the kids
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal
- Access
- CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Couple's room, Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Hotel chain, Non-smoking rooms, Pets allowed unavailablePets allowed, Proposal spot, Room decorations, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms
- Getting around
- Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking
- Available in all rooms
- Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
Wi-Fi – The Battle for Connectivity
Okay, let's get this out of the way first. Yes, there's free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise the internet gods! And, thankfully, it was pretty darn reliable. I could stream my guilty pleasure reality shows without buffering, which, let's be honest, crucial. The Wi-Fi in public areas seemed equally strong. Didn't try the Internet [LAN], because, well, who uses LAN anymore? The Internet services themselves seemed standard. I did some work, answered emails, and all that jazz, without losing my mind.
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe Enough To Relax (Mostly)
In the age of, well, EVERYTHING, you're going to be concerned about this. I'm going to be honest: I’m a borderline germaphobe. So, the anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays, and staff trained in safety protocol did reassure me. I saw hand sanitizer stations everywhere (essential condiments, too!), and they offered room sanitization opt-out. I appreciate the option to breathe easy (or at least attempt to). They even had individually-wrapped food options and safe dining setup. I felt like they were taking it seriously and following protocols, which is a huge plus in my book. The CCTV in common areas and outside property helped me feel more secure. The fire extinguisher, security (24-hour), and smoke alarms were also welcome sights.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (The Mini-Bar Debacle)
Right, the important stuff! Let's talk food. They had a breakfast [buffet], which, let's be honest, is a gamble anywhere in the world (the Asian breakfast was decent, though). They also had restaurants on-site with Asian cuisine, International cuisine, and even a Vegetarian restaurant. You could have room service [24-hour] (tempting, especially after battling Manila traffic), and there were snack bars. I didn't venture into the poolside bar, but I did manage to infiltrate the mini-bar (a moment of weakness…and hunger). The bottle of water was a life-saver.
The Unbelievable Family Suite (Finally!) – A Deeper Dive
Okay, so, the suite itself. The bathrobes were plush and comfy (a small victory!). The air conditioning was my best friend. The extra-long bed was a godsend, especially after a long day exploring. The blackout curtains were a serious level-up. Oh, the bathtub? Huge. Like, could-almost-swim-in-it huge. And the separate shower/bathtub situation? Chef's kiss. Complimentary tea and the mini bar… I may or may not have had a small (okay, a large) bottle of water and some snacks from the fridge. Oops.
The seating area was big enough to host a small gathering. The sofa was comfortable. There was a desk and laptop workspace if you actually need to work (I made a valiant effort). Having a refrigerator to stash the aforementioned snacks was a win. They had interconnecting room(s) available for bigger families, which is a smart move.
Things to Do (and Ways to Relax, if You Can Actually Find Time)
Now, about the "ways to relax" part… This place is packed with options. They have a fitness center (didn't use it; too busy eating snacks). A swimming pool (swimming pool [outdoor]), which looked glorious. A spa (Spa/sauna) with a sauna, steamroom, **
Bali's ME Villas Kayu Tulang: Paradise Found (Luxury Awaits!)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly-polished travel itinerary. This is a REAL one. A gloriously imperfect, slightly-off-kilter, truth-telling travel disaster… I mean, adventure… planned for a Family Suite at Bel Air Soho F5K14 Manila, Philippines. And trust me, we're gonna need the whole family suite.
The Bel Air Soho Battleground (or, Manila, Here We Come!)
Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and Adobo Dreams (Or Screaming Kids in a Condo)
- Morning (6:00 AM - 9:00 AM – the pre-coffee crisis):
- Alarm clock screams like a banshee. My own internal scream matches it. Packing. Ugh, packing. Did I remember the sunscreen? (Spoiler: I didn’t. And I'll regret it.) Kids are already chaos incarnate. Arguing. Eating. Demanding. My husband, bless his heart, is trying to remain calm. I'm pretty sure I saw a vein pop.
- Anecdote: Packing always reminds me of that time I tried to pack for a weekend at the beach. I ended up forgetting my toothbrush, my underwear, and half the kids' toys. This time? Let's just say there were a LOT of frantic last-minute grab-and-throws into suitcases. The whole thing felt like a poorly choreographed ballet of stress.
- Mid-Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM – The Travel Gauntlet):
- Taxi ride to the airport. Traffic. Endless traffic. My internal monologue ping-pongs between "We're gonna be late!" and "Well, at least we're moving."
- Airport chaos. Check-in lines resembling the queue for the apocalypse. Kids are bouncing off the walls, fueled by pure, unadulterated sugar rush and anticipation. We're already running behind schedule. This is NOT going well.
- Emotion: The moment I got onto the plane, I felt a mix of "freedom" and "oh, crap, what have I gotten myself into?".
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 3:00 PM - The Flight of Fury (and Patience)):
- The flight! Pray for earplugs. And possibly a therapist. Kids are either crying, screaming, or wanting snacks. It's a non-stop barrage of requests. I try to watch a movie. I fail. My husband tries to watch a movie. He also fails. We alternate between feeding the kids and distracting them.
- Observation: Airplane food is a culinary crime against humanity. No matter how hungry you are.
- Late Afternoon (3:00 PM - 6:00 PM - Into the Bel Air Labyrinth):
- Arrival at the airport in Manila. Finding a driver. Navigation. (The chaos ensues).
- Quirky Observation: Filipinos have the most genuine smiles. If that smile could fix the traffic, we be in and out.
- Emotion: We survived!
- Evening (6:00 PM - 9:00 PM – Home Sweet Condo (Hopefully)):
- Checking into Bel Air Soho F5K14. (Pray it's as advertised. Online photos LIE.) Unpacking (or trying to). Deciding who sleeps where. Kid arguments.
- Imperfection Alert: I spent 30 minutes looking for the coffee maker. It was inside the kitchen. I am not a morning person.
- Dinner: First Filipino meal! Going to search for a good adobo. I am counting on this - this is the moment I am holding onto to make this trip bearable.
- Evening: Bedtime (hopefully quiet)
Day 2: Cultural Blitz and Sensory Overload (Yes, More Chaos)
- Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM - The Breakfast Breakdown):
- Breakfast at the condo. (Or, hopefully, a nearby cafe if the kitchen situation is as bad as I suspect.)
- Opinionated Language: I need coffee. Now. Anything less will be a disaster.
- Late Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Intramuros Immersion):
- A trip to Intramuros, the historic walled city. Gotta see the San Agustin Church. (Beautiful, I'm told, even with the kids.)
- Rambling: The thought of wandering through the ancient streets. Maybe it's a welcome contrast to the chaos of the modern city. Kids might be fascinated by the stories. Or, they might whine and complain the entire time. It's a coin flip.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 3:00 PM - Lunch and a Nap (Fingers Crossed)):
- Lunch: Trying to find a nice restaurant near Intramuros.
- Emotion: Hoping for a nap. Praying everyone except my husband will allow me to take one.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM - 6:00 PM - The Thrill of the Traffic):
- Back to Bel Air Soho.
- Evening (6:00 PM - 9:00 PM - Food and Fun):
- Dinner at a good restaurant.
- Observation: I am seeing that the food here is amazing. I'm getting addicted to eating.
Day 3: Shopping, Sighseeing, and Sundown (and more chaos)
- Morning (8:00 AM - 10:00 AM - Wake Up, You Peasants):
- Emotion: Finally woke up with no noise!
- Late Morning (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Stumbling through the Mall):
- Shopping!
- Anecdote: Remember, when I wanted to buy a bag for myself. I'm not sure I can handle this, too.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 3:00 PM - The Sensory Overload):
- See the National Museum.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM - 6:00 PM - The Thrill of the Traffic):
- Back to Bel Air.
- Evening (6:00 PM - 9:00 PM - Farewell Dinner):
- Farewell dinner.
Day 4: Departure (Freedom! (And Maybe a Little Sadness?))
- Morning (6:00 AM - 9:00 AM - The Reluctant Goodbye):
- Packing again.
- Emotion: Sad that it is over.
- Mid-Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM - The Travel Gauntlet, Part 2):
- Airport
- Afternoon(12:00 PM - 3:00 PM - The Flight of Fury (and Patience)):
- Flight
- Evening (3:00 PM - 6:00 PM - Home Sweet Home):
- Home
Important Disclaimers:
- This itinerary is subject to change. (Let's be honest, it will change.)
- The level of enjoyment may vary. (Mine might be directly proportional to the amount of caffeine consumed.)
- I make no guarantees regarding the sanity of the participants. (Especially mine.)
- This is a trip, not a vacation.
And that, my friends, is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me, coffee. Now, wish us luck. We're gonna need it.
Blackpool's BEST Hotel? Village Hotel Review - You WON'T Believe This!
Unbelievable Family Suite at Bel-Air Soho (F5K14) FAQ - The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Maybe a Little Bit More...
Okay, spill the tea: Is this "Unbelievable Family Suite" actually… believable? (And what does that even *mean*?)
Alright, deep breaths. "Unbelievable"? Well, it *tries*. It has the potential to be amazing. Let's just say, if my expectations were a perfectly brewed cup of coffee, and the suite was… well, let's call it lukewarm instant, then we’re somewhere in the middle. It's not a *scam*, but it’s got its quirks. And trust me, quirks are putting it *lightly*. My kid, bless her heart, declared it "kinda okay" which is the highest praise she offers outside of ice cream.
The "unbelievable" part? Maybe the *price*. I was hoping for a touch more luxury for what I forked over. But more on that later. I will say, the *space* is genuinely pretty good. Plenty of room for the family to spread out. Which, when you're crammed with kids, is practically a prerequisite for sanity.
What's the *deal* with the location, Bel-Air Soho? Sound snazzy. Is it?
Bel-Air Soho... sounds fancy, right? Yeah, it's got the right zip code, but my experience wasn't exactly a James Bond movie. Actually, getting there was a bit of an adventure. I remember one taxi driver looking totally bewildered, muttering something about "finding the way." (GPS, people! GPS!)
The neighborhood itself? Alright, fine. It *is* Makati, so you've got access to everything. Restaurants, shops, the whole shebang. Just be prepared for traffic. And the *noise*. Oh, the noise. Especially when the sirens go off. They went off, like, EVERY NIGHT. My sleep schedule hated it. So, snazzy? Debatable. Convenient? Absolutely. Did I feel like a VIP? Not really. Maybe a VP... Vice President of "Getting Around Without Going Nuts".
Okay, let's talk about the ROOM itself. Seriously, the *suite*. Rooms are always make-or-break... spill the tea (again!).
Alright, the suite. Here's where things get... interesting. It was big, I'll give it that. My kids could actually run around without tripping over each other (mostly). Separate bedrooms were a godsend – crucial if you value sleep, or, like me, need to get away from the constant "Moooom, he took my toy!"
But and there's always a but, the *decor*... um, let's call it "eclectic." Think "modern minimalist" meets "leftover hotel furniture." It wasn't *ugly*, per se, but it definitely lacked a certain… *oomph*. I swear, the lampshade in the master bedroom looked like it had been through a war. I mean, I wasn't expecting a palace, but something a little less… tired. And don't even get me started on the TV. Ancient. Like, it probably pre-dated the internet. My kids were *devastated* that we couldn't stream Paw Patrol in HD. I had to result to bribery (Read: More ice cream).
And the bathrooms, well, they were clean enough, which is always a plus. But the water pressure? Think gentle drizzle. My hair didn't stand a chance. Basically, it was a functional space, more than anything else. Don't be expecting Instagram-worthy pics.
How about the amenities? WiFi, breakfast, pool, anything to keep the kids (and you) sane?
Okay, this is where things get hazy. WiFi? Yep, it *existed*. It worked... sometimes. Other times, it was slower than a snail on a Sunday. Breakfast? Included, thankfully. It was a basic buffet, nothing to write home about, but it kept the kids from melting down first thing in the morning which is basically what I ask of a breakfast. There was a pool, which saved our sanity. My kids *lived* in that pool. It was small, but clean and good exercise for their excessive energy. It wasn't crowded, which was fantastic. No fights, no screaming, no "Mom, he spit on me!" Bliss. Pure, poolside bliss.
The service? Friendly? Helpful? Or did you feel like you were bothering them?
The staff. There were some real gems, honestly. Friendly, helpful, and genuinely trying to please. But there were also moments where I felt like I was interrupting their afternoon nap. Like, *asking for extra towels* was a monumental task. One time, I asked for an extra pillow, and it took *three phone calls* and an hour. An *hour*! I get it, things happen, but... yeah. Service was a bit hit-or-miss. You'll probably get the sense that they can only do a few things well at the same time. But honestly, I’d take a bit of a wait for the pillow, for the helpful smiles. Those are worth their weight in gold when you are with kids.
Biggest headache? Anything that made you want to pack up and leave?
Okay, deep breath. The biggest headache... well, the entire experience had moments where I looked at my husband and thought "Are we really doing this?" The WiFi situation was a constant source of frustration. I work remotely, so it was basically crucial for my livelihood. And it kept dropping out. I lost entire work hours trying to keep my internet connection up. I lost the plot. I swear, there were days I considered going to the lobby just to get a stable connection. That's when I realized I'd officially reached "vacation meltdown" status. Also, the noise. It became a running joke! Sirens at 3 a.m. Construction starting at what *felt* like dawn. It was relentless. I'm a light sleeper, mind you. My husband was fine. My kids? They slept like logs. Go figure. But the internet, the noise... those were close to me needing to get out of there immediately.
Would you go back? Be honest.
Honestly? Probably not. Not with my family. For a solo trip? Maybe. The space was good, the location was convenient. But the combination of the issues just tipped the scales. The price had not quite been worth it. It was okay but it wasn't a "Wow, I want to go back" kind of event. Maybe if they upgraded the TV, improved the WiFi, and hired a noise-control officer. But for the price, there are probably better family-friendly options out there. It was... okay. Better than being at home, sure. But unbelievable? No.Book Hotels Now

