
Bandung's BEST 1BR View: Asia Afrika Apt Steal! (Travelio)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the gloriously imperfect world of Bandung's BEST 1BR View: Asia Afrika Apt Steal! (Travelio). Forget perfectly polished reviews, we're going for raw, unfiltered, and hopefully, hilarious. This isn't just a review; it's a vibe check.
First Impressions - The Entrance and the Vibe (Accessibility, Safety & Security):
Alright, so picture this: You’ve just peeled yourself out of a cramped, crowded taxi after a three-hour drive through Bandung's beautiful, but chaotic, traffic. You pull up to the Asia Afrika Apartment complex, and honestly? It looks promising. The entrance is grandish, and there's a 24-hour security guard – a definite gold star in my book. I mean, I'm a sucker for feeling safe, especially after schlepping around a foreign city. (Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property). And the elevator? Praise be! Because lugging luggage up stairs is not my idea of a good time. (Elevator)
Okay, so, access. I'm thankfully not in a wheelchair, but I did notice the presence of facilities for disabled guests. (Facilities for disabled guests) That's a big plus in my eyes, inclusivity is important, even if you have no immediate need for it.
The Room – Oh, That View! (Available in all Rooms, Cleanliness & Safety, Internet Access):
Now, this is where things get interesting. The apartment itself? It’s a one-bedroom, as advertised. But the view? Oh, honey, the view is the star of the show. Seriously. I’m talking panoramic, postcard-worthy views of the city. Especially at sunset? Forget about it. Pure romantic bliss. (High floor, Window that opens, View - Pool with view) And, yep, it's a 1BR steal (I'm already sold on the name!).
The room itself was… clean-ish. I mean, it seemed clean. But I’m that person who immediately checks under the beds and behind the curtains. Let's just say I found a few stray dust bunnies, but hey, it's Indonesia, and you can't expect perfection. (Cleanliness and safety, Rooms sanitized between stays, Room sanitization opt-out available, Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hygiene certification, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Sterilizing equipment). The important stuff? The sheets were fresh, the bathroom (mostly) sparkling, and the air conditioning cranked out ice-cold air which is a GODSEND in this climate! (Air conditioning, Blackout curtains).
Oh, and the Wi-Fi? Mostly reliable. (Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, Internet, Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN). I’m a digital nomad, so good internet is crucial. There were a few times when it sputtered and coughed (typical), but it generally held up. And hey, free Wi-Fi is ALWAYS a win. You also get a desk and a laptop workspace. (Laptop workspace, Desk)
The Amenities – The Good, the Bad, and the… Spa? (Dining, Drinking, and Snacking; Ways to Relax; Services and Conveniences):
Okay, let’s talk amenities. The apartment complex boasts a… well, lots. Including a pool, which looked inviting. (Swimming pool [outdoor], Pool with view) Did I swim? Sadly, no. I was too busy working, but I definitely gave it the side-eye! There’s a gym too. (Fitness center, Gym/fitness).
But here’s where things get a little… confusing. The Travelio description mentioned a spa. (Spa, Sauna, Steamroom, Massage, Body scrub, Body wrap). Okay, cool! Sign me up! But when I asked at the front desk? Crickets. Turns out they have a spa, BUT it isn't currently open. (Major disappointment!). My advice? Call ahead to confirm the availability of these things if your heart is set on a spa day.
Food-wise, there's a decent coffee shop downstairs (Coffee shop, Coffee/tea in restaurant), and a few restaurants nearby. (Restaurants, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant) I indulged in some amazing street food (because, Bandung!) and didn’t actually eat at Asia Afrika's restaurants.
The Services and Conveniences - The Perks (More Services and Conveniences):
The staff were generally pleasant, although their English wasn't always perfect. (Concierge, Front desk [24-hour], Staff trained in safety protocol). Getting a taxi was easy. (Taxi service, Airport transfer). Having a convenience store downstairs was a life-saver for late-night snack cravings. (Convenience store). Luggage storage? Sorted. (Luggage storage). Laundry service? Also sorted. (Laundry service).
The "Things To Do" – Bandung Beyond the Apartment:
Let’s be real: this apartment is a great base for exploring Bandung. The location is pretty central. You're a short (ish, traffic depending) ride from all the main attractions. (Getting around). Think shopping malls, amazing cafes, art museums, and the famous Tangkuban Parahu volcano. (Things to do).
The Quirks and Imperfections - What Makes It Human:
Okay, so here's the honestly honest part. There were some quirks. The shower pressure? A bit weak. The TV channels? Mostly Indonesian soap operas (not complaining, I liked a few). The noise from the street? Manageable, but present. But you know what? That's life. It's not a perfect experience, but it's a real one. And for the price? It’s a total steal.
The Verdict - My Emotional Reaction!
Would I recommend Bandung's BEST 1BR View: Asia Afrika Apt Steal! (Travelio)?
Absolutely! (Recommend)
Despite the small imperfections, the stunning view? The convenient location? The overall good value? I’d book it again in a heartbeat. This isn't a 5-star luxury hotel, but it's a comfortable, affordable, and well-situated apartment that's perfect for exploring Bandung. It's a great spot for short trips and is ideal when you want a little more freedom and space than just the cramped room of a traditional hotel.
The Compelling Offer - Why YOU Should Book It:
Okay, here's the deal: if you're looking for an affordable and centrally located base for exploring the vibrant city of Bandung, with the most stunning views imaginable, Bandung's BEST 1BR View: Asia Afrika Apt Steal! (Travelio) is your answer.
Here's what makes this apartment a must-book:
- The Breathtaking View: Wake up to a panoramic vista that will take your breath away. Seriously, the sunsets alone are worth the price of admission.
- Prime Location: Explore Bandung's best attractions with ease. You're close to everything!
- Space to Breathe: Enjoy the comfort and convenience of a one-bedroom apartment, giving you more space than a traditional hotel room, with a full kitchen and living area.
- Budget-Friendly Bliss: Get amazing value for your money without sacrificing comfort or location. This is truly a steal!
- Safety First: Feel secure with 24-hour security and a well-maintained building.
Act Now! Don't just dream about Bandung's beauty! Book your stay at Bandung's BEST 1BR View: Asia Afrika Apt Steal! (Travelio) and experience the wonder for yourself. Your perfect Bandung adventure starts here! Click the link below and get ready to fall in love with Bandung!
Uncover Reunion Island's Hidden Gem: Le Cocoon des Hauts!
Alright, buckle up buttercups. You're about to embark on a vicarious trip to Bandung with yours truly. And let me tell you, this isn't your polished, Instagram-filtered travel blog. This is a hot mess express, complete with questionable decisions and enough coffee to make a caffeine-addict blush. We're staying at the "City View 1BR Grand Asia Afrika Apt By Travelio Bandung Indonesia." Sounds fancy, right? Let's see if it lives up to the hype.
Day 1: Arrival & Bandung's Grand Entrance (or, the tale of a very sweaty taxi ride)
10:00 AM - Jakarta Airport to Bandung: The Odyssey Begins. Okay, I’m not gonna lie. Jakarta airport is… a beast. Finding our driver amongst the sea of frantic families and baggage carts felt like a real-life scavenger hunt. Finally, we locate him - a skinny guy with a serious case of phone-glare. The car? Let's just say it had seen better days. The air conditioning was…optimistic. By the time we finally rolled into Bandung, I looked like a melted popsicle.
- Quirky Observation: The traffic! Dear Lord, the traffic. It's like the entire population of Jakarta decided to relocate to Bandung at the exact same time.
1:00 PM - Check-in at "Grand Asia Afrika Apt." The building looks impressive. Like a giant, modern Lego set. My hopes are tentatively raised. The apartment itself? Okay. Clean-ish. The "city view" is…well, it's there. You can squint and see some buildings. Definitely not the sweeping vista promised, but hey! Windows. We'll take it.
2:00 PM - Lunch: Nasi Timbel at a Random Warung. (A small, family-run eatery). After the journey, I was ravenous. We stumbled upon a little warung (a small, local restaurant) near the apartment. The food was AMAZING. Seriously, Nasi Timbel (rice, grilled chicken, tofu, tempeh, etc.) is pure Indonesian comfort food. I ate so fast I almost choked.
3:30 PM - Errands & Initial City Exploration. Wandering around the streets. Shopping for some things that we might need. I love the sights and sounds of it all. The people are overwhelmingly friendly (even when you're completely butchering the Bahasa Indonesia greetings).
6:30 PM - Dinner at a Fancy Restaurant. Okay, so maybe I over-hyped the "fancy" part…it was decent.
Day 2: The Volcano & the Coffee Crisis
- 7:00 AM - Early Start: Kawah Putih Volcano - A Photographic Disaster (and a Lesson in Altitude Sickness) We were determined to see the turquoise lake. The hike up was beautiful, but holy moly, the altitude! I felt like I was breathing through a straw. The pictures? Well, let's just say my phone's camera seems to have a vendetta against me. The sky was overcast, the light was terrible, and I swear I looked like a pale, sweaty ghost in every single photo.
- Emotional Reaction: I was DEPRESSED. I wanted that picture-perfect volcano shot. Instead, I got a blurry, greyish blob. It was a tragedy of epic proportions.
- 10:00 AM - Back to the Apartment: Coffee. The Essential. I need and crave coffee. So much. I can't function without it.
- 11:00 AM - Exploration of the Grand Asia Afrika Museum. It feels like a museum that I should absolutely visit, based on the apartment location. But I'm tired. And a little bit hungover. The museum will have to wait…
- 1:00 PM - Lunch: Simple Meal nearby. But I'm not looking forward to the evening.
- 7:00 PM - Evening Plans: Find a Good Cafe for the Night.
Day 3: Shopping, Street food and a Possible Culinary Adventure.
- 9:00 AM - Get ready for some local shopping. Bandung is famous for its factory outlets. My inner shopaholic is screaming.
- 12:00 PM - Lunch at a Street Food Stall. The street food is the experience. I can't wait to explore the local market.
- 4:00 PM - Head back to the apartment & Relax.
- 7:00 PM - Dinner at a Local.
Day 4: Last Day & Departure (with a dash of regret)
- 9:00 AM - Farewell Breakfast & Check-Out.
- 10:00 AM - Final Bandung Souvenir Shopping. Gotta grab those last-minute gifts. Then, it'll be back to that familiar Jakarta traffic.
- 1:00 PM - Lunch and Departure.
Overall Assessment of "City View 1BR Grand Asia Afrika Apt":
- The Good: The location is pretty good, close to some attractions. The security guys are very friendly. The food scene in Bandung is a revelation. Seriously, I'm dreaming of that Nasi Timbel.
- The Not-So-Good: The "city view" is a bit of a stretch. The apartment itself is a bit sterile, a little bit of personality wouldn't hurt.
- The Verdict: Would I recommend it? Maybe. It's not the most glamorous stay, but it's functional. Honestly, I am not sure if I would go back. But Bandung? Absolutely. This chaotic, beautiful, delicious city has a hold on me.
- The Aftermath: I left Bandung feeling slightly sunburned, thoroughly caffeinated, and with a camera roll full of underwhelming volcano photos. But also, with a heart full of Indonesian goodness. Until next time, Bandung. You messy, beautiful, food-filled wonder.
And that, my friends, is my unfiltered, slightly insane Bandung adventure. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need another coffee and a long nap.
KLCC Luxury: 2BR Sunway Velocity VR2 Silver House Sleeps 6!
Bandung's BEST 1BR View: Asia Afrika Apt Steal! (Travelio) - FAQ (and a Whole Lot More)
Okay, spill the tea. Is this "Asia Afrika Apt Steal" *really* a steal?
Alright, alright, let's get real. Yes, and no. It depends on your expectations and how lucky you get. I booked it through Travelio, and the listing promised a cracking view of Asia Afrika street... which, hey, it *delivered*! But "steal" is subjective. I saw prices fluctuating like crazy. Sometimes it felt like highway robbery, other times... well, let's just say it was a decent deal for the location and view.
Once, I saw a price drop so dramatically the next day, I nearly choked on my nasi goreng. Lesson learned? Watch those prices like a hawk, especially if you're flexible with your dates. I'm talking refresh that Travelio app religiously. It's a game, a thrilling, potentially financially rewarding game!
What's the view *actually* like? Don't just say "great" - I need details!
Okay, picture this: you're perched up high, looking down at the legendary Asia Afrika street. The iconic Gedung Merdeka building (where the Bandung Conference happened) is right there, majestic and imposing. It's a postcard come to life! Especially at sunset... oh, the sunsets! They paint the sky in fiery oranges and purples. Absolutely breathtaking, worth the price ALONE. Seriously.
But let's be honest, it's not all sunshine and roses. Traffic. Lots of traffic. You'll hear the honking, the motorbikes weaving through the chaos... it's the symphony of Bandung, a little chaotic, a little loud, but undeniably... Bandung. And sometimes, the smog can kind of ruin the view. On those days, I just pretended it was a moody, atmospheric haze. Made it a bit romantic, right?
The Apartment itself! What's it *really* like inside?
Okay, here's where it gets interesting. The pictures on Travelio were, let's say, *optimistic*. I wouldn't call it a disaster zone, but it wasn't exactly a modern minimalist haven, either. Think... functional. Cleanliness varied, I think depending on the cleaning staff's mood that day. One time, it was sparkling! Next time, I found a rogue hair in the bathroom. (shudders)
The furniture was… okay. Comfortable enough, but nothing fancy. The Wi-Fi? Hit or miss. Sometimes lightning fast, sometimes slower than a snail in molasses. And the kitchen...tiny. You're not cooking Michelin-star meals in there, folks. Think instant noodles and maybe a quick fry-up. But for a solo traveler or a couple, it functions.
The biggest issue: the bed. One time, the mattress felt like a medieval torture device. I swear I woke up aching in places I didn't know existed. The next time, a different apartment, a different mattress... much better. It's a gamble, really.
What about the location? Is it actually convenient?
Convenient? Absolutely! Asia Afrika street is smack-dab in the middle of everything. Walking distance to the historical sites: Gedung Merdeka (duh!), the Braga area (super cool for coffee shops and art), and many, many warungs (local restaurants) and street food vendors. Your taste buds will thank you.
Easy access to public transport is a big plus, but honestly, I largely walked to most places. The area is vibrant, busy, and always buzzing with energy. It's the heart of Bandung, and being in the thick of it is half the fun.
Travelio itself. Any horror stories or smooth sailing?
Okay, Travelio. This is the tricky one. I had mixed experiences. One time, check-in was a breeze. Key pick-up went smoothly, and everything was as expected. But another time... ugh. Finding the contact person who had the key was a scavenger hunt! Had to call multiple times, and the person was late. A bit stressful after a long journey.
Communication with Travelio's customer service was… variable. Sometimes quick and helpful. Other times, a bit of a robotic, copy-pasted response. If you have a problem, be persistent. Follow up! Don't give up (especially if the Wi-Fi isn't working!). And document everything! Take photos of anything that seems amiss.
Honestly, I feel like it's luck of the draw. You might get a smooth experience, or you might have to exercise some patience. Bring your zen attitude!
Is it safe? Bandung can be a bit wild.
Generally, yes, it's safe. The apartment complex itself felt secure, with security guards at the entrance. The surrounding area is busy, especially during the day, which adds to the sense of safety. Solo female traveler here, and I never felt truly unsafe walking around late at night, although I took common sense precautions (staying aware of my surroundings, not flashing valuables, etc.).
However, petty theft can happen, as it can in any busy city. Keep your valuables secure. Be extra vigilant at night in quieter areas. Listen to your gut. If something feels off, it probably is. It is advised to be respectful of local customs and dress modestly to avoid drawing unwanted attention.
Okay, let's talk SPECIFICALLY about the *biggest* problem. What's the one thing that will haunt me, good or bad, about this place? spill the beans!
Alright, this is it, the one thing that's burned itself into my memory... the air conditioning. Specifically, the *lack* of air conditioning sometimes! Or more accurately, the inconsistently working air conditioning because, well, sometimes it actually did work! It was a gamble. I remember one stay during the heat wave, I thought I would melt into a puddle. The sweat was dripping off me like I was doing a hardcore workout. I had to sleep with all the windows open (which meant the noise from the street was even louder) and hope for a breeze. It was torture. Absolutely horrible. My makeup melted.
The building's management? They said they were working on it. Days went by. Nothing. I could have built a sauna in there. You learn a new level of appreciation for the simple luxury of cool air. And even when it *did* work, it was often temperamental. It would blast freezing cold, then turn off entirely, then sputter back to life with a life of its own.
Look, it'sCity Stay Finder

