
Unveiling FabExpress: Patna's Hidden Gem at Hudco Grand!
FabExpress Hudco Grand: Patna's Not-So-Hidden Gem (and My Real-Life Hotel Shenanigans)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I just crawled out of FabExpress at Hudco Grand in Patna, and let me tell you, it was a rollercoaster of expectations, triumphs, and the occasional "wait, did I leave the iron on?!" moment. Let's rip off the band-aid and get this review started, shall we?
First Impressions (and a Bit of a Panic):
Okay, so Patna. Not exactly the first city that screams "luxury spa getaway," right? That was my first thought. My second thought was, "Did I pack enough hand sanitizer?" You know, post-pandemic paranoia is real. Finding Hudco Grand, tucked away…well, it felt like finding a secret club. The exterior? Pretty standard. Functional. The inside, though? A surprising breath of fresh air. More on that later…
Accessibility & Getting Around:
Listen, I'm not traveling with a wheelchair, but I did check out the accessibility. Kudos to FabExpress for including it in the title. There's an elevator (essential!), and I believe they have facilities for disabled guests. (More on that further down…). Parking? Free of charge! Huge win. Car park on-site too, which is just plain convenient and I need it. They even have a car power charging station. I wonder if I can find a "car-power-charging-station-compatible person"? Taxi service is available, plus airport transfer. I appreciate the complete package.
The Room: My Personal Fortress (and the Battle of the Blackout Curtains):
The room itself… well, it was a decent-sized sanctuary. Air conditioning? Check! Free Wi-Fi? Double-check (and thank goodness!). They really push the “Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!” thing and I get it - necessary. The Wi-Fi was decent, mind you, not mind-blowingly fast, but enough to catch up with the world… and stream a movie or two. The blackout curtains were…a project. I felt like I was wrestling an angry octopus trying to get them completely closed. Seriously, I almost lost a battle with darkness one evening and that’s an emotional experience. But when I finally, FINALLY got them shut, it was glorious. Sleep. Bliss. My room had a desk (essential for my “working vacation”), a comfortable bed, and a much-needed coffee/tea maker. They even have those extra-long beds, which is a lifesaver for us tall folks! Plus, slippers. Don't underestimate the slipper factor for me. It's always the small things.
Cleanliness and Safety: Did I Survive? (Spoiler Alert: Yes!)
Let’s be real. In the current climate, cleanliness is king. FabExpress gets major points for this. They clearly take it seriously. Rooms sanitized between stays? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check! They even had hand sanitizer stations everywhere. I’m talking, even the elevators. Seriously, it borders on paranoia – in a good way. The staff looked masked and gloved and ready to nuke any germ threatening to invade. And yes, I saw them physically sanitizing. Oh, and they provide essential condiments, which meant someone didn’t have to eat some of my food. Huge win. They also provide all the usual safety/security features: Security [24-hour], CCTV in common areas, front desk [24-hour], smoke alarms… all that jazz.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Great Food Expedition (and My Unexpected Salad Triumph):
Okay, the food! This is where things got…interesting. Now, I'm not a Michelin-star snob, but I do appreciate a decent meal. The breakfast buffet? Ah, yes, the buffet. A beautiful, yet inherently risky, proposition. They had the usual suspects: the Asian breakfast staples, a decent selection of international cuisine, and the ever-present temptation. I dove in. I ate everything. Everything. The coffee? Drinkable. The juice? Fresh. The ambiance? Perfectly fine. They take a "buffet in restaurant" approach.
But here’s the REAL twist. I ordered a salad for dinner. I know, right? In Patna? My expectations were subterranean. But guess what? It was actually delicious. Seriously, I’m still slightly stunned. They had soup in the restaurant and even a vegetarian restaurant for the more virtuous among us. There’s also room service [24-hour] which is a lifesaver after a long day of…well, whatever you do in Patna. There's a poolside bar for the sun seekers and a happy hour. They have multiple restaurants and a coffee shop. The details, people! I also saw "Alternative meal arrangement" and "Breakfast takeaway service" on the lists.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax: Spa Day? Maybe Next Time…:
Okay, the "relax" part is where I felt a slight pang of disappointment. They have a fitness center, which I did NOT partake in. (My definition of exercise on vacation involves walking to the buffet). And they had a spa. But I didn't get to experience it. I'm a bit of a spa minimalist but one day I will. The thought of a pool with a view, a sauna, and a steamroom almost made me cry. But there's always next time.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter (and the Curious Case of the Souvenir Shop):
The FabExpress folks really went the extra mile on this one. They have a concierge, cash withdrawal, a convenience store, currency exchange, daily housekeeping…the usual. But there was a gift/souvenir shop. I love a good trinket. I might have spent a little too long there. The daily housekeeping was superb. They also did laundry and dry cleaning. I have an aversion to doing my own laundry.
For the Kids: Babysitting?! I Need That! (Even Though I Don’t Have Kids):
They had a note for kids! Family/child friendly! There was even a Babysitting service. I don't have kids but I'm tempted to hire a baby-sitter on my next trip.
The Flubs (and What They Could Improve):
Okay, nothing is perfect. I will note some areas for improvement. The internet speed could probably improve. And while the staff was friendly, there were a few times when I felt like communication was a little bit wonky… but hey, it's Patna! Things take their own sweet time. No biggie.
Final Verdict: The Imperfect Charm of Hudco Grand (and Why You Should Book It … Now!)
Okay, here’s the deal. FabExpress at Hudco Grand isn't perfect. It’s not a five-star, ultra-luxurious resort. But it IS a comfortable, clean, and surprisingly charming hotel in a city that’s trying its best. The staff is friendly, the rooms are comfortable, and they clearly care about hygiene.
The Offer: Unleash Your Inner Explorer (and Get a Discount!)
Book your stay at FabExpress Hudco Grand now and get a 15% discount on your first night! Use code "PATNAFUN" at checkout. This offer includes a complimentary breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and all the other little things that make a stay more pleasant.
Why Book Now?
- Because Patna. You deserve a comfortable basecamp after battling the city's hustle.
- Because Cleanliness Matters. They've got the germ game down.
- Because You Deserve It. Sometimes everything is just good.
- Because…Salads. Seriously. Don’t knock it till you try it.
So, go on. Book it. You might be surprised. I certainly was. And after the chaos of Patna, the calm of Hudco Grand might just be what you need!
Adelaide's Esplanade Hotel: Unforgettable Luxury Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercup, 'cause we're diving headfirst into my utterly chaotic Patna adventure, centered around the, uh, ahem, "charming" FabExpress The Hudco Grand. Honestly, just the name of the place makes me want to break into a Bollywood dance number… or maybe weep. Let's see where this rollercoaster takes us.
Day 1: Disembarkation and Delhi's Delicious Ghosts (and a Slightly Dodgy Taxi Ride)
- Morning (6:00 AM): Okay, so, the flight from Delhi dragged on FOREVER. My seatmate, a sweet old lady with a mountain of luggage resembling a small Everest, kept trying to feed me samosas. Bless her heart. My head still reeled with the remnants of sleep so I tried, it was a very good recipe.
- Morning (9:00 AM): Patna Airport. Sweet mother of all that is holy! The heat hits you like a brick wall. Forget a gentle welcome; it's a full-frontal assault of humidity and honking rickshaws. I'm practically melting before I even see The Hudco Grand.
- Morning (10:00 AM): Taxi ride to the hotel: I attempted to order a taxi. As soon as I stepped out of the terminal, I found, or rather, was found by a taxi driver who, bless his heart, smelled faintly of curry and existential dread. He quoted me a price that sounded suspiciously like "robbery". I haggled, mostly because I was convinced I was getting ripped off. We finally agreed on a price, and he proceeded to drive like he'd stolen the car, weaving through traffic that made a New York City rush hour look tame. I'm pretty sure I aged a decade in those twenty minutes. Note to self: learn the local lingo, stat.
- Morning (10:30 AM): Check-in at FabExpress The Hudco Grand. The lobby. It was… functional. Clean enough, which is a victory in itself. The A/C was blasting, a welcome respite from the furnace outside. The staff was polite, but I could tell they'd seen things. Like, lots of things.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM): Lunch - I was famished. The hotel restaurant. I ordered a "safe" option: the butter chicken and naan. Honestly, it was pretty damn good. The naan was soft, pillowy perfection, and the butter chicken… well, it wasn't quite Delhi butter chicken, but it hit the spot. It was better than a lot of hotel restaurant food I've had.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM): Power nap. Jet lag is a cruel mistress, and the heat had already zapped all my energy. Slept like a log, waking up with a crick in my neck and a profound sense of disorientation.
- Afternoon (4:00 PM): Explored nearby markets. This place was a sensory overload! Colors, smells, noises… everything's turned up to eleven. Saw some beautiful silk scarves, considered buying one, got distracted by a street vendor selling, you guessed it, samosas. This time, I bought one. Ate it on the spot. Regretting nothing.
- Evening (7:00 PM): Dinner at a local place recommended by the hotel. The food was fantastic! Some kind of spicy vegetable curry, rice. I probably ate too much, but who cares? I'm on vacation!
- Evening (9:00 PM): Back at the hotel. Collapsed on the bed, watched some local TV, and marveled at the fact that I hadn't fainted from the heat yet.
Day 2: The Ganga's Great Grandeur (and a Mild Case of Delhi Belly…ish)
- Morning (7:00 AM): Woke up feeling a little… delicate. Let's just say the spicy curry from last night may have disagreed with my delicate Western stomach. Had to skip breakfast. Ugh.
- Morning (9:00 AM): A trip to the Ganges River. The sheer scale of the river is astounding. The ghats bustling with activity, people bathing, washing clothes, doing their morning rituals. It's a powerful, almost spiritual, experience, despite the, ahem, slightly polluted water. I hired a boat and spent an hour just drifting along, taking it all in. The smells, the sounds, the sun reflecting off the water… It was pretty damn amazing.
- Morning (11:00 AM): Walked around. Saw some temples, got chased by a stray dog (who, to be fair, was probably just looking for a biscuit). Stopped for a chai. It felt incredibly raw and authentic. You're no longer just a tourist but a participant in the life.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM): Back to the hotel to recover from the spicy curry and the morning’s heat. Had to drink some water on a regular basis to stay hydrated.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM): Decided to be brave and venture out again. Found a little shop selling fresh coconuts. Drank the cool, refreshing water… bliss!
- Afternoon (4:00 PM): Decided the hotel pool would be a good choice. Turns out it was more like a glorified wading pool, and the water was inexplicably lukewarm. Still, it was a welcome respite from the heat.
- Evening (7:00 PM): Went to the restaurant again but was to delicate to try anything spicy. Sigh, I didn't enjoy it for a long while.
- Evening (9:00 PM): Watched TV again. Journaled. Made a frantic, ill-advised phone call to my friend back home, rambling about the heat, the food, and my slightly dodgy stomach. She just laughed.
Day 3: The Ghosts of Patna (and a Potential Temple Tantrum)
- Morning (8:00 AM): Starting to feel a bit more like myself after all those fluids and a whole day of eating nothing but plain white rice. The spicy curry remains a distant, slightly terrifying memory.
- Morning (9:00 AM): Exploring the Golghar. It stands tall, an imposing figure. The climb to the top of this unusual structure was a sweaty, panting ordeal, but views were worth it.
- Morning (11:00 AM): Visited the Khuda Bakhsh Oriental Public Library. It was fantastic, filled with ancient texts. Found myself lost in a quiet world. The air conditioning inside was practically heaven-sent.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM): Went on a guided tour. The history here is fascinating. I could've easily spent days just wandering around.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM): The hotel. A relaxing afternoon, catching up on some work.
- Evening (6:00 PM): Tried to go to a temple, but the line was insane. I was starting to get hangry and the crowd was a bit much. I didn't push my luck.
- Evening (8:00 PM): Decided to have dinner at the hotel… again. Getting a little bit sick of the menu, but the convenience is undeniable.
Day 4: Departure and Patna's Persistent Embrace
- Morning (6:00 AM): The final morning. Packed my bags, mentally preparing for the flight back to Delhi. It's gonna be a long journey.
- Morning (7:00 AM): Last breakfast at The Hudco Grand. Feeling surprisingly… melancholic. Patna, despite its quirks and undeniable challenges, has completely captured me.
- Morning (8:00 AM): Left the hotel and said goodbye to the staff. Very good, welcoming people. I'll miss them.
- Morning (9:00 AM): The flight to Delhi. The heat, the chaos, the slightly dodgy food… They were all a part of the package, and I wouldn't trade them for anything.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM): Arrived in Delhi. From Delhi back to home.
Final Thoughts:
FabExpress The Hudco Grand? It's not the Ritz. It's not even particularly glamorous. But it was clean, comfortable, and a decent basecamp for my exploration of (the capital city) Patna. Patna? It’s a whirlwind, an assault on the senses, a place that challenged my comfort zone and left me wanting more. It was an utterly imperfect, gloriously messy experience, and I wouldn't have had it any other way.
Would I go back? Absolutely. Next time, I'm learning some basic Hindi, embracing the spice, and maybe, just maybe, bringing along a bigger suitcase for all the samosas. And the silk scarves, of course.
Escape to Paradise: Hotel Mares do Sul, Tramandaí, Brazil Awaits!
Unveiling FabExpress: Patna's Hudco Grand - The Good, The Bad, and The Unexpected (Prepare Yourself!)
Okay, so... what's the deal with FabExpress Hudco Grand in Patna? Is it actually a 'grand' experience?
The reviews mention the location. Is it actually convenient to be at?
What about the rooms? Are they clean and comfortable? (This is a big one for me!)
Is the Wi-Fi reliable? (Because I absolutely *need* to be connected!)
Breakfast. Tell me about the breakfast! Is it included? And is it any good?
What about the staff? Are they helpful and friendly?
Anything else I should know before booking? Any 'hidden' gotchas?

