Phu Quoc Paradise Found: The Up Hotel's Unbelievable Poolside Escape!

The Up Hotel Phu Quoc Island - The Poolside Escape Phu Quoc Island Vietnam

The Up Hotel Phu Quoc Island - The Poolside Escape Phu Quoc Island Vietnam

Phu Quoc Paradise Found: The Up Hotel's Unbelievable Poolside Escape!

Phu Quoc Paradise Found: The Up Hotel's Unbelievable Poolside Escape! – My Unfiltered Take (Warning: May Contain Paradise-Induced Euphoria & Mild Complaint)

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I've just returned from a Phu Quoc adventure at The Up Hotel, and folks, it's going to take some serious unpacking. Forget polished hotel brochures – this is the real deal, warts and all. And let me tell you, the warts are minimal. This place… is dreamy.

(Accessibility & Safety First – Because Adulting is a Thing)

Okay, okay, before I dive headfirst into tropical bliss, let's be sensible. Accessibility: This is where I'd love to give a glowing report, but I didn't personally test for mobility, so I can only relay what's advertised. They definitely claim facilities for disabled guests, including an elevator, which gives me good vibes. But I'd definitely suggest checking with the hotel directly if precise accessibility is a must-have, just to be sure.

Safety-wise, The Up Hotel is taking a serious approach, and I liked that. They’re clearly aiming for peace of mind. Think CCTV in common areas, and all around the property (CCTV outside property), 24-hour security, fire extinguishers, safety/security features sprinkled everywhere, and the comforting presence of a doctor/nurse on call (thank god for that). Plus, they're super into hygiene with anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and rooms sanitized between stays (which made me feel a lot better given the recent state of the world). Hand sanitizers were everywhere, and the staff (who were beyond lovely, by the way) were masked up and trained in health protocols. Plus, the cashless payment service removed any contact concerns. I really appreciated the effort.

(Internet & All Things Digital - Because We're Still Living in the 21st Century, Right?)

Let's be real: We need the internet. And The Up Hotel delivers. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (Hallelujah!), and it was surprisingly powerful. I mean, I even managed to zoom my family a few times without things getting choppy! Internet [LAN] is mentioned, though I admit I skipped this. They provide Internet services and Wi-Fi in public areas. No complaints here - I got my emails, and those Instagram Stories were essential reporting.

(The Poolside Escape – The Heart of the Matter)

Okay, this is what you came for, right? The Swimming pool [outdoor]. Oh. My. God. It's stunning. I mean, pool with a view? Yeah. But it's more than just a pretty picture. The pool snakes around the resort, making it feel like a private oasis. The sunbeds were comfy and plentiful, and the constant slosh-slosh of the water was pure auditory bliss. Spend time Swimming pool, and soak up all the vibes.

I'm not going to lie, I spent a solid afternoon just floating, sipping on a cocktail (more on that later…), and pretending I had no responsibilities. Pure, unadulterated relaxation. There's also a Spa and Spa/sauna – while I'm a sucker for a good massage, I didn't personally experience these. (Note to self: next time!).

(Dining, Drinking & Snack-tivity – Because Food is Life)

The Up Hotel understands the importance of fueling your holiday. The Restaurants are definitely worthy of note. They have a Poolside bar, and it was my go-to spot for happy hour. The Happy hour was excellent, with a selection of beverages, plus bottle of water was there for you.

Restaurants offer Asian cuisine, International cuisine, and some Vegetarian restaurants. Breakfast [Buffet] was generally a delight. I loved the Asian breakfast options, which are a bit more authentic, and the Western breakfast was top-notch as well. Coffee shop in the morning? YES! Room service [24-hour]? Again, yes! The A la carte in restaurant offered some lovely options in the evening. Snack bar? You betcha. Don't forget a salad in restaurant, or some soup in restaurant.

(Things to Do & Ways to Relax – Beyond the Pool)

Besides chilling by the pool (which is a valid activity!), The Up Hotel has a few tricks up its sleeve. They have a Fitness center, which I, ahem, glanced at. There is a Gym/fitness, which is useful. They have a Massage service, which I can attest to. They can also offer a Foot bath, a nice bit of pampering.

(Rooms: My Oasis of Serenity…mostly. )

The rooms. Oh, the rooms! I was immediately captivated. Air conditioning was a lifesaver. Air conditioning in public area, too. My room was pure paradise. Non-smoking rooms are available, of course. The Soundproof rooms really worked. A Seating area was a big plus. I had a balcony that overlooked the resort, which was perfect for sipping my morning coffee. They also have a Couple's room. It also looks like, and I'm assuming, the best.

Additional toilet, nice touch. And the Bathtub, heavenly. The Bathrobes! The Hair dryer! The Complimentary tea! The Free bottled water! They've thought of everything. And let's not forget the In-room safe box.

However, the biggest thing for me was the bed. Extra long, incredibly comfortable, and I slept like a blissful rock. This is the only thing I might change: there was a tad bit of noise bleed-through from the hallways, but nothing a pair of strategically-placed earplugs couldn't solve.

(Services & Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter)

The Up Hotel goes above and beyond with their service game. You can have Breakfast in room. The Luggage storage was very helpful, and the Laundry service came in handy. The Daily housekeeping was excellent and unobtrusive. Concierge service was always available, helpful, and friendly. The Cash withdrawal, and Currency exchange facilities were useful.

(For the Kids – Family-Friendly Vibe)

While I traveled solo, I spotted numerous families enjoying the resort. Babysitting service? Check. Kids facilities? Check. Kids meal? Check. The Up Hotel is definitely Family/child friendly.

(The Verdict – Would I Go Back? In a Heartbeat!)

Final rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Why? The Up Hotel offers a winning combination of stunning aesthetics, thoughtful amenities, and genuinely friendly service. The pool is truly the star of the show, and the rooms are comfortable and well-appointed. The emphasis on cleanliness and safety provided real peace of mind.

What could be improved? Honestly, just the soundproofing in some of the rooms. But that's a tiny quibble.

SEO-Friendly Keywords Used: Phu Quoc, The Up Hotel, Pool, Spa, Relaxation, Family-friendly, Accessibility, Safe, Clean, Good WiFi, Breakfast Buffet, Restaurant.


ARE YOU READY TO ESCAPE?

Don't just dream of paradise. Live it!

Book your escape to Phu Quoc at The Up Hotel NOW and receive:

  • 20% off your stay when you book directly through their website (use code "PARADISEFOUND" at checkout!)
  • Complimentary breakfast for two.
  • A free poolside cocktail on arrival (because you deserve it!).
  • Guaranteed room upgrade (subject to availability – get in quick! (Or, if you're lucky, can we request for a room with a view?)
  • Contactless check-in/out (safe and easy!).
  • Free airport transfer (because we know you want to sit back and relax the moment you arrive).

This offer won't last forever! Click this link [INSERT LINK HERE] to book your Unbelievable Poolside Escape today! Don't delay!!

(P.S. Pro Tip: Request a room with a balcony overlooking the pool. You won't regret it!)

Escape to the Himalayas: Unbelievable FabHotel Annapurna Awaits!

Book Now

The Up Hotel Phu Quoc Island - The Poolside Escape Phu Quoc Island Vietnam

The Up Hotel Phu Quoc Island - The Poolside Escape Phu Quoc Island Vietnam

Okay, buckle up, buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is my potential, highly-imperfect, and probably-going-to-be-a-shit-show-but-hopefully-amazing trip to The Up Hotel Phu Quoc Island. Let's be real, planning is half the fun, and the actual fun is letting the universe (and maybe a few too many cocktails) dictate the rest.

The Up Hotel Phu Quoc: My Poolside Escape (A Messy, Slightly Panicked Schedule)

Days 1-2: Arrival and the Great Sunscreen Conspiracy

  • Transportation: Fly into Phu Quoc International Airport (PQC). Pray to the travel gods no delays! I'm already picturing myself stuck in some airport purgatory, fueled by stale croissant and the existential dread of missed connections.
  • Arrival and Hotel Check-In (Hopefully): Okay, this is where it starts. I aim to book a private transfer, because, let's face it, the thought of haggling for a taxi after a long flight makes me want to spontaneously combust. Aim for The Up Hotel. The pictures online? Heavenly. Those pools? Glorious. My expectations? Sky-high. My potential for disappointment? Also, sky-high.
  • Afternoon 1: Poolside Reconnaissance and the Initial Panic: Once checked in, I plan to hit the pool. Purely for reconnaissance, of course. I need to assess the "poolside escape" situation. Is the water temperature acceptable? Are the sun loungers comfy enough for peak-level lounging? Is there a readily available source of cocktails? (Priorities, people!). Expect some Instagramming… followed by a minor meltdown because my selfie game is atrocious.
  • Evening 1: Fish Sauce, Fish Sauce Everywhere & The Great Sunscreen Conspiracy. Okay, people. This is my biggest fear. I've heard Phu Quoc is all about the fish sauce. I, however, am not a fan…But, I will force myself to be open-minded. Dinner at a local restaurant, something authentic, with a side order of "try not to gag". But, the sunscreen. The sunscreen! Last time I went in vacation without a good sunscreen, i turned into a lobster. Also, where will I even find a decent sunscreen? If anyone know please recommend me. I will be in big trouble if I can't find one.
  • Day 2: First Sunrise and the Beach Bonanza. Wake up at 6 AM? Yeah, right. My body clock laughs in the face of early sunrises. Maybe 8:30 am… We will see. Maybe, just maybe I'll wake up and capture the sunrise, or attempt to. Breakfast at the hotel, followed by a beach day at Long Beach.
  • Day 2 Afternoon: Beach Day Meltdown. Beach Day! Sun, sand, waves, and the potential for a spectacular sunburn. Aim to rent a sun bed. If not I will have to lay in the sand. And, then the sand will get everywhere!
  • Day 2 Evening: Sunset Cocktails and the "I Love Phu Quoc" Delusion. Sunset is where the magic supposedly happens. Time for some cocktails.
  • Personal Anecdote: The Packing Struggle. Before this get started, I am going to have to pack my back bag. Always my biggest problem. I'm a chronic over-packer. I will bring the entire contents of my closet. And probably still forget something crucial, like toothbrush.

Days 3-4: Exploring Phu Quoc & The Food Adventures (Good & Bad Probably Mixed)

  • Morning 3: Scooter Shenanigans (Or, the Near-Death Experience). Rent a scooter. My goal? To explore the island. My potential for disaster? High. I've seen the videos, the chaotic traffic… Wish me luck, because I'll need it.
  • Afternoon 3: Pepper Farm & Pepper Obsession. Visit a pepper farm. Phu Quoc is famous for its pepper. I will probably end up buying some. Maybe attempt to cook something when I get back home.
  • Evening 3: Night Market Revelations (or, Food Poisoning?): The Duong Dong Night Market. It will smell amazing and terrifying at the same time. Street food galore! I will attempt to be adventurous, try all the new things, the weird things. I am already mentally preparing myself for the "maybe I shouldn't have eaten that" phase.
  • Morning 4: Starfish Beach and Regret. Visit Starfish Beach. It will be idyllic, and I will probably have a moment of pure happiness. The problem: My feet. They hate sand.
  • Afternoon 4: The Food Tour Saga (Attempted): This is where things get really messy. I'm attempting a food tour. I will have to see. I suspect my stomach will either be eternally grateful or stage a full-blown rebellion.
  • Evening 4: Dinner and Reflection (Mostly on the Food): A nice (hopefully) dinner. Also some reflection. Mostly about how much I've eaten.

Days 5-6: Relaxation, The Up Hotel & The Departure

  • Day 5: Pool Day 2: Electric Boogaloo: Another day, another chance to master the art of poolside lounging. Books, magazines, maybe a nap or two.
  • Day 5 Afternoon: Spa Day (If I Can Afford It, Which I Probably Can't): I'm going to be the best version of myself. Get a massage. Then, spend the rest of the day feeling like a limp noodle.
  • Evening 5: Farewell Dinner (and Contemplating My Life Choices): One last, delicious (hopefully) meal. Reflect on my adventures, the food, the scooters, the near-death traffic experiences.
  • Day 6: Departure and the Post-Vacation Blues
  • Morning 6: Last Breakfast and Check-Out (With Tears): The hardest part of any trip: leaving. A hearty breakfast to fortify myself for the inevitable heartbreak of leaving paradise. Check out of The Up Hotel.
  • Travel to Airport: Fly home.

In Conclusion:

This itinerary is a suggestion. An invitation to the chaos. I will probably deviate from it. I will probably make mistakes. I will probably embarrass myself on more than one occasion. But most importantly, I will have an adventure. And hopefully, a good story (or a series of cautionary tales) to tell when I get back. Wish me luck! And if I don't get back… well, you know where to look. The Up Hotel. Probably face down in the pool, surrounded by cocktail umbrellas and a very confused expression.

Luxury Newmarket 1-Bed Haven: WiFi & Stunning Views!

Book Now

The Up Hotel Phu Quoc Island - The Poolside Escape Phu Quoc Island Vietnam

The Up Hotel Phu Quoc Island - The Poolside Escape Phu Quoc Island Vietnam

Phu Quoc Paradise Found: The Up Hotel's Poolside Escape! (FAQ - Kinda)

Okay, so... *is* the pool *actually* as good as the pictures? Because, let's be real, hotel pics are usually a SCAM.

Alright, buckle up, because this is where I get real. Y'know, the pictures...they're close. *Very* close. But, and this is a big BUT (pun intended, after all the pool lounging I did), the pictures don't capture the *feeling*. The way the sun hits the water at that golden hour? Forget about it. The barely-there breeze that just *whispers* across your skin? MIA in the brochure. Honestly? It's even *better* than the hype. I remember the first day, I was skeptical, naturally. Walked out, and BAM! My jaw hit the floor. It wasn't just *a* pool, it was a whole damn *vibe*. Like, serious "Instagram husband" material. My partner, bless his heart, was basically a professional pool-picture-taker for five glorious days. Worth every second of awkward posing, I tell ya!

What's the deal with the food and drinks? Are they ridiculously overpriced like *every* other resort?

Okay, the food. Look, I'm a simple gal. I like my Pho, and I like it cheap. And good. The Up Hotel, bless their hearts, has *pretty* good food. Not Michelin-star, mind you. You're not gonna get a chef with a thousand Michelin stars, but it's good. Really good! And the prices? Actually… decent. Like, not highway robbery. I was expecting to bleed my bank account dry on cocktails, but I managed to maintain a relatively sensible budget. (Okay, maybe I splurged on a few sunset Mai Tais... but hey, vacation!) The breakfast buffet? Solid. The fresh fruit? Divine. The coffee? Surprisingly good. Honestly, compared to some places I’ve stayed, they were practically giving things away!

Can I *actually* relax there, or is it jam-packed with screaming kids and selfie stick warriors?

This is where the Up Hotel *truly* shines. I’m not gonna lie, I'm a total hermit. Social interaction, especially on holiday, is something I try to avoid. But the atmosphere here is… perfect. It's a *chill* vibe. Don't get me wrong, there are people. Humans. But it's not one of those places where you feel like you’re competing for personal space. I went during peak season, AND I STILL had a personal slice of paradise all to myself. I managed to snag a sun lounger *every single day* without getting into a passive-aggressive towel war. The silence? Bliss. The only sounds were the rustling of palm trees, the gentle lapping of water and the occasional happy sigh from yours truly. You could actually hear yourself think - which, let me tell you, is a rare and wonderful thing on vacation.

But what about the *rooms*? Are they clean? Comfy? Do they have those annoying air conditioners that sound like a jet engine?

Okay, the rooms. This is where it gets a little… mixed. They *are* clean. Spotlessly clean, actually. The cleaning staff are absolute angels. My room was always immaculate, which is a *huge* plus in my book. Comfy? Yes! The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. I would wake up feeling refreshed - something I haven't experienced on a hotel bed since, well, *ever*. But the aircon? Ah, the aircon. Okay, it's not a jet engine, but it’s… noticeable. There were times it’d kick in and I’d think an alien spacecraft had landed on my balcony. The good news: It *does* work. And honestly, after a few days, I got used to it. You could always just turn it off. But boy, Phu Quoc gets HOT! But, the trade-off? Sleep like a baby.

What about the staff? Are they friendly? Helpful? Or just, y'know, robots?

The staff at The Up Hotel are *amazing*. Seriously. Forget robots, these folks are genuine, kind, and actually *seem* to enjoy their jobs. I’ve stayed in places where the staff act like they'd rather be anywhere else on earth. These guys? Not a chance. They go above and beyond, always smiling, always helpful. I lost my phone by the pool (major drama, I know). Within minutes, they were helping me search, calling my number (to no avail, alas), and generally being incredibly supportive. They even offered me a free drink afterwards! The language barrier sometimes, but they try so hard. They really made the whole experience even more special. And the pool attendants? Always there with a fresh towel and a smile. Seriously, pure gold!

Okay, so spill the beans. What was the *absolute* best thing about your stay? Like, what made you go, "Wow, that was worth every penny (or Dong)?"

Alright, you want the *truth*? Here it is. Day three. Woke up, grabbed my book, and meandered down to the pool. Ordered a pineapple juice (fresh, obviously). Found my perfect sun lounger. Settled in. The sun was perfect. The pool was glistening. I felt that warm sun on my skin and *that moment*. That moment of pure, unadulterated *bliss*.... I got it. I got it, and then a particularly aggressive pigeon swooped in and stole my pineapple juice.
I thought, well, that's Phu Quoc in a nutshell. I was furious at first, then I thought... What the heck. I love this place. I'm going to get another juice. I bought another juice, and the moment, the perfection, just settled back in. That was the best thing, I tell you now. The whole damn trip was worth it for that one moment of pure, unadulterated, pigeon-thwarted bliss. The Up Hotel? Yeah, they nailed it. Book it. Seriously. Go. Before I steal your spot. And watch out for the birds.

Are there any downsides, ANY at all? Don't hold back!

Okay, alright, let's get real here. No place is perfect. The main downside I’d say is the location. It's a bit out of the main town. Now, for some, this is a *good* thing. Peace, quiet, away from the hustle and bustle. Me? I like my hustle and bustle! It's a taxi ride away for everything but you can always get a cheap ride. Apart from that… hmm. The internet *sometimes* drops out, which can be annoying. The sun can be really, really strong. I got a serious sunburn on day one. And the pigeons. The damn pigeons! But honestly? That's about it. Minor inconveniences for paradise.

Would you go back? AndHidden Stay

The Up Hotel Phu Quoc Island - The Poolside Escape Phu Quoc Island Vietnam

The Up Hotel Phu Quoc Island - The Poolside Escape Phu Quoc Island Vietnam

The Up Hotel Phu Quoc Island - The Poolside Escape Phu Quoc Island Vietnam

The Up Hotel Phu Quoc Island - The Poolside Escape Phu Quoc Island Vietnam