
Tokyo Riverside Escape: Insane Deals at Nice Deal Studio! (Tangerang, Indonesia)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the… well, let's call it the Tokyo Riverside Escape: Insane Deals at Nice Deal Studio in Tangerang, Indonesia. Honestly, the name alone is a bit of a mouthful, right? But hey, “Insane Deals” got my attention, so let's see if this place lives up to the hype.
First Impressions & Accessibility (The Good, The Okay, and the Hmm…)
Right off the bat, navigating Tangerang… well, it's not exactly a stroll in the park. Finding this "escape" started with a slightly stressful car ride, but that's Indonesia for ya, eh? Parking, thankfully, was a breeze: Car park is free and readily available! Bonus points! Car power charging station: another plus, thinking of the future.
Accessibility wise, the website suggests they've got some facilities for disabled guests, but I'm not entirely sure how detailed they actually are. I didn't see a dedicated accessibility section. So, check directly with the hotel for sure. There's an elevator, which is a must, and that's a good start, but I'd want to know more about room accessibility before making a firm decision. It's a bit of a "wait and see" on this aspect.
The Wi-Fi situation? They scream “Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!” and that's a big YES in my book! Plus Wi-Fi in public areas, score! And heck, there's even Internet [LAN]! For the old-schoolers out there. Honestly, I mostly just want to scroll aimlessly on Instagram, so as long as it works, I'm happy.
Rooms: The Studio Life
Okay, let's talk digs. I was aiming for a simple Studio, you know, the whole "Nice Deal" thing, but the details are super interesting. I was a bit overwhelmed by the list, so let me keep everything in perspective.
- Air conditioning? Check! Essential!
- Blackout curtains? HELL YES. Sleep is sacred.
- Free bottled water? Crucial. Hydration is key, darlings.
- Wi-Fi [free]? Obviously!
- Hair dryer? My mane will thank them!
- Mini bar? Fingers crossed it doesn't cost a fortune!
- Refrigerator? Good for stashing those late-night snacks.
- Separate shower/bathtub? Always a win!
- Slippers? Luxury!
- Wake-up service? Useful for those early excursions.
The rooms also promise things like satellite/cable channels, desk, and laptop workspace. Honestly, with all those, it sounds like a pretty well-equipped space. Though note the site says some rooms are non-smoking. If you have a preference make sure to book the right one.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (The Buffet Bonanza!)
Alright, foodie friends, let's get into the grub scene!
- Restaurants? Yes.
- Breakfast [buffet]? YES! Now we're talking! I love a good breakfast buffet.
- Asian breakfast? I'm in!
- Western breakfast? Gotta have my bacon and eggs, right?
- A la carte in restaurant? Always a plus.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant? Caffeine, I need caffeine.
- Room service [24-hour] Is a life saver!
- Poolside bar? I'll be there!
- Snack bar? Gotta have those late-night cravings covered!
- Vegetarian restaurant? Good to know for those with dietary needs.
The presence of Buffet in restaurant and Breakfast service tells you a hotel is looking out for you.
My Experience: The Buffet Conquest
Oh. My. Goodness. The breakfast buffet… Wow, I was so thrilled. Imagine, a long table ladened with a selection of food. The most beautiful dishes. There was absolutely everything. Fresh fruit, pastries, cereals – the usual suspects, except extra. The staff were attentive, topping up my coffee before I even realized it was getting low. I may have gone back for seconds. And thirds. It was truly a buffet conquest!
Relax & Rejuvenate (Spa Day Dreams)
Okay, the spa/sauna situation is intriging. They advertise a whole bunch of things: Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, and Steamroom. Oh my! That is serious stuff. If I was just looking for a total chill-out, this is the place. I'm already imagining the serenity!
Things to Do, Ways to Relax (Beyond the Buffet)
Aside from the massive spa, they make some serious promises: I'm a sucker for some of these options!
- Fitness center/Gym? I might actually use this… once.
- Swimming pool [outdoor]? Yes, please!
- Terrace? Sunbathing spot secured.
Cleanliness and safety (Keeping Germs at Bay)
I’d be remiss if I didn't mention the safety aspect. This is a big one for me. Here's what they claim:
- Anti-viral cleaning products – excellent, I expect nothing less.
- Hand sanitizer – essential these days.
- Room sanitization opt-out available - nice!
- Rooms sanitized between stays – phew!
- Staff trained in safety protocol – that's key.
- Daily disinfection in common areas – good on them.
- First aid kit – just in case.
Services and Conveniences (Because Life is Easier with Extras)
This is where the hotel really shines:
- Air conditioning in public area? Duh.
- Cash withdrawal? Important.
- Concierge? Useful for recommendations.
- Convenience store? Midnight munchies saved.
- Daily housekeeping? Yes, please!
- Elevator? (Again, essential.)
- Ironing service? No creases for me, thank you!
- Laundry service? Bonus!
- Luggage storage? Always a plus!
- Taxi service? Helpful.
For the Kids… (If You Have Little Ones)
- Babysitting service? Handy.
- Family/child friendly? Good to know.
- Kids meal? Sorted!
Security (Keeping You Safe)
The level of security seems good. They've got:
- CCTV in common areas – peace of mind.
- CCTV outside property – extra layer.
- Fire extinguisher – important;
- Front desk [24-hour] – always a plus.
- Safety/security feature – nice to see.
- Security [24-hour] – double peace of mind.
- Smoke alarms – crucial.
The Downside (Everything Isn't Perfect)
Okay, I didn't get to experience everything. It's impossible. Pets are unavailable. I'm not a big dog person, so that's fine by me, but if you miss your furry friend, then it a problem! And while that buffet was amazing, I didn't eat at any of the other restaurants. And, this is important: I couldn’t see the actual room details from the website, so I can’t fully gauge the quality.
The Verdict & My Offer for You!
So, is the Tokyo Riverside Escape: Insane Deals at Nice Deal Studio worth it? Honestly, I'd say yes, especially if you're looking for a relaxing getaway, with the whole package! The buffet alone is worth the price of admission! The focus on cleanliness is a big win.
Here's my "Insane Deal" for YOU!
Book your stay at Tokyo Riverside Escape through my special link (once I have it) and I'll throw in a free upgrade (if available) and a complimentary cocktail at the poolside bar! That's right, you get a splash of luxury on top of the already amazing deals!
This hotel, with its amazing deals and comprehensive services, is a great option for anyone looking for a relaxed time in Tangerang. Book now and enjoy!
Penang's BEST Kept Secret: Cozy Urban View Apartment!
Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this itinerary isn't just a list of dates and times, it's a goddamn experience. We're talking about the Nice Deal Studio in Tokyo Riverside PIK 2 By Travelio, Tangerang, Indonesia. And trust me, getting THERE is half the battle. Here we go, my beautifully chaotic masterpiece:
Day 1: Arrival and the Existential Crisis of Pillows
- 10:00 AM (ish): Touchdown at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK). Oh, the familiar air of jet fuel and instant regret for not packing that extra pair of socks. The immigration line? A goddamn saga. Picture this: me, sweaty, clutching my passport, and the guy in front of me is apparently trying to apply for… permanent residence via interpretive dance. Finally, FREE!
- 11:30 AM: The Grab (Indonesian Uber) situation. This is where the fun really begins. Traffic in Tangerang is like a sentient, angry god, deciding who gets to move and who gets to… well, not. My driver, bless his cotton socks, was either a magician or possessed some kind of supernatural ability to weave through the chaos. He also blasted some sort of dangdut remix of "Despacito" that became the soundtrack to my descent into existential dread.
- 1:00 PM: Arrival at the Travelio apartment. The pictures online were…optimistic. Let's just say the "panoramic view" of the city was slightly obscured by… well, a lot of other buildings. But hey, it's a roof over my head, and I am in Indonesia! Unpacking is an exercise in controlled chaos. Then comes the pillow situation. Listen, I have a very specific pillow requirement. Hotel pillows are usually either rocks or clouds. This one…was a vaguely lumpy, warm…thing. We're talking first-world problems at their finest, people!
- 2:00 PM: Found a local warteg (small, inexpensive eatery) nearby – what a lifesaver. Absolutely demolished a plate of nasi uduk (coconut rice) with fried chicken and tempeh. The chili paste was like a fiery baptism. Tears streamed down my face, but I didn't stop eating. Glory.
- 3:00 PM- 5:00PM: Nap time. I knew I needed rest because Indonesia is so hot. Even the AC in the "Nice Deal Studio" can't completely stop the heat.
- 6:00 PM Head out of the apartment and go grab some dinner.
Day 2: PIK 2 Exploration and the Questionable Origins of the Fried Banana
- 9:00 AM: Determined to tackle the Tokyo Riverside PIK 2 area. Armed with Google Maps (which, let's be honest, is usually wrong), I set out.
- 10:00 AM: Found my self at a local street food stall. The smell of frying immediately caught my attention, so I ordered some of the local fried Banana. The flavor was great but I am still wondering where they got it.
- 11:00 AM: Wandering the streets. I'm a sucker for street art, and there was SO much! I swear, every corner of Tangerang is an Instagram opportunity. Took way too many pictures, but hey, gotta document the culture, right?
- 12:00 PM: Lunched at a random "cafe" (more like a stall, but whatever). Ordered something that looked like noodles. Nope, it was a pasta.
- 1:00 PM: Back to the apartment for a nap, I needed rest after all the pasta.
- 4:00 PM: Headed to the local market. The smells alone were an experience! From durian (love it or hate it, it's a must-see) to mountains of spices and everything in between. The chaos was intoxicating. The sellers were insistent. I bought a weird fruit I can't even pronounce.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. I had a craving for something familiar, but ended up trying a local restaurant. There was dancing. And music.
Day 3: Tangerang Adventures & Saying Goodbye to the Pillow (Maybe)
- 9:00 AM: Went for a swim, in the local pool. Felt good after all the walking and chaos.
- 11:00 AM: I decided to explore a shopping mall. Because, let's be real, what’s a trip without a little consumerism? Found some souvenirs. Didn’t buy anything I needed. Just things I wanted.
- 1:00 PM: One last nasi goreng (fried rice) hit. The spicy version. I might actually cry from the flavor and the heat.
- 3:00 PM: Packing. The bittersweet moment. I actually kind of dig this "Nice Deal Studio". The pillow… maybe I'll sneak it home. Don't tell anyone.
- 5:00 PM: Headed to the airport.
- 7:00 PM: On the plane.
Final Thoughts:
This trip? Messy. Imperfect. Hot. Exhausting. Full of questionable food choices and way too many mosquito bites. But you know what? It was perfect. I came, I saw, I sweated. And I wouldn't trade it for the world (except maybe a slightly better pillow).
This is the beauty of travel, right? The unexpected detours, the awkward encounters, the culinary adventures that leave you both delighted and slightly sick. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go find a decent pillow.
Dubai Beachfront Oasis: Your Dream 1-Bedroom Awaits!
Okay, "Tokyo Riverside Escape: Insane Deals at Nice Deal Studio!" ... Sounds a little too good to be true, doesn't it? Is it actually *good*?
Look, alright, let's be real. My initial reaction? Skepticism bordering on outright cynicism. "Insane deals" and "studio" in the same sentence? Usually spells cheap, packed, and the kind of vibe that makes you want to shower for a week afterwards. BUT… and this is a big but... I went. And... it depends! (Prepare for a LOT of "it depends" because life is messy, just like this FAQ is about to become).
So, the "good" part? The *potential* is there. The pictures? They look pretty damn good. Clean lines, that whole "Japanese aesthetic" they're going for. On a good day, with the right sunlight (which, Tangerang, Indonesia, is… well, let's just say sunlight is a fickle friend), it *could* be Instagram-worthy. On a bad day? Well, let's just move on to the next question… (I’m getting ahead of myself. And yes, that sounds like a bad thing. I’m still waffling. Bear with me!)
"Insane Deals" – What does that *actually* mean? Like, are we talking bargain-basement prices or "slightly less than other places" prices?
Okay, here’s where things get … spicy. “Insane” is subjective, right? For *some* things? Yes. I *did* see some packages that made my eyebrows arch in a pleasantly surprised kind of way. Like, "Wow, that's actually… decent." For others? Nah. More like "slightly less than other places," as you astutely put it.
Here's the deal (pun intended): They seem to have rotating "deals." One week, a photoshoot package might be ridiculously cheap. The next? It's back to, you know, regular-ish prices. So, your research is *crucial*. Check often. Suffer the endless scrolling. See what deals are happening *right now.* Don't get your hopes up - then you won't be utterly devastated when the "insane" deal you saw last week has evaporated into thin air. (Seriously, website stalking is your friend. No, I'm not getting paid to say that. Probably… )
What's the studio itself *like*? Inside the "Tokyo Riverside Escape"? Is it literally a riverside? Are there river otters? (*Praying there are river otters.*)
Right, so… the river. About the river… no river otters. Not that I saw. I was *looking*. Trust me, I was. (Damn!) It's… not *directly* on the river. It's more like… *near* the river. There's some greenery, a hint of a view, but don't expect a stunning waterfront vista. I’d call it… “river-adjacent.”
Inside the studio itself? It's … well, it depends *again*! There were various "rooms" set up, each themed. Some are pretty good, some could use… a little TLC. Some are incredibly cramped, which is awful if you are a larger person (like myself). It's important to check what's available and make sure you are able to fit. I'm convinced certain rooms were not designed for adult humans, but rather leprechauns or hobbits.
And the air conditioning... oh boy. One room, the one I wanted to use the most, had an air conditioner that sounded like a dying velociraptor. You could practically feel the heat radiating off of it. (Seriously, I swear I could see my makeup melting, I need to stop drinking coffee.)
Okay, so the scenery may be less-than-perfect. How about the staff? Are they friendly, helpful, or are they going to make me feel like I'm ruining their day?
Alright, the staff... This is *hugely* important. And my experience was… mixed. Some were *fantastic*. Really, genuinely helpful, patient, and enthusiastic. They clearly took pride in their work and were doing their best with what they had (and I respect that a lot!). Some were… less so. A little disengaged, maybe a bit… "couldn't care less."
Then there's the language barrier. I don't speak much Indonesian, so I had to depend on my friend to help (that’s a tip – go with someone who *does* speak the language!!). There were some (very short) moments of frustration when I couldn't quite explain what I wanted with my pose or anything specific about my general aesthetic. It wasn't a deal-breaker, but it did hamper the experience a little, and I’m sure my photographer wanted to scream at one point.
Let's talk about the actual *photos*. Are we talking professional-grade magic, or more like "Uncle Bob with a smartphone" quality?
Okay, the photos! This is the BIG ONE. The *reason* you're going, right? The *goal*? Again… it depends! The equipment *seemed* pretty good. The lighting *seemed* well-set up. The photographers… well, skill levels varied, a *lot*... I'm talking a spectrum here. Some were clearly experienced, knew their angles, offered good direction, and made the whole process fun. Others… let's just say, they were still honing their craft.
Here's my advice: Do your homework. Look at the portfolios of *specific photographers* if you can. If you have a particular style you're after, look for someone who specializes in that. (Yes, I know, this can be tricky when it's a rotating staff). Ask for samples of *their* work. Don't just assume that because it's "Nice Deal Studio," everyone is equally skilled. I didn’t do this… and let's just say, some of my photos ended up in the “never-see-the-light-of-day” folder. Which is fine! But… it's also a little disappointing to see how amateur *some* shots look.
Would you go back? Be honest!
Alright, here's the truth bomb. Would I go back? Maybe. It would depend on a few things. If there was an "insane deal" on a specific package with a *photographer I liked*, and the AC was working, and it wasn't monsoon season? Possibly. Could be fun! I'm not *completely* soured on the whole experience. It's got potential, that's the thing.
But would I go in with sky-high expectations? Absolutely not. Would I recommend it to everyone? Nope. But, are you looking for something fun, unique and cheap? If you are, and are not expecting pure perfection, then I *would* seriously consider Nice Deal Studios.

