Escape to Paradise: Howard Johnson Pattaya's Unforgettable Getaway

Howard Johnson by Wyndham Pattaya JC Pattaya Thailand

Howard Johnson by Wyndham Pattaya JC Pattaya Thailand

Escape to Paradise: Howard Johnson Pattaya's Unforgettable Getaway

Escape to Paradise: Howard Johnson Pattaya - My Brain's Take on the Place (and Yours Should Be Too!)

Alright, folks, buckle up. Because I'm not just reviewing the Howard Johnson Pattaya. I'm living the review. I'm channeling all the poolside cocktails, lukewarm coffee, and questionable karaoke nights (thankfully, not at this HoJo) into this digital masterpiece. Let's dive in, shall we?

Accessibility (and My Tiny Breakdown):

Okay, first things first: I've got a serious soft spot for hotels that actually think about accessibility. The Howard Johnson Pattaya, on paper, seems decent. They've got "Facilities for disabled guests" listed. But honestly? Show, don't tell. I'd love more granular details. Like, are those ramps easy to navigate? Is the pool lift functioning? Are the rooms truly accessible, or just "sort of"? This is where more info would make me feel secure about booking.

Cleanliness and Safety (Thank God for the Sanitizer!):

Listen, post-pandemic, cleanliness is everything. And the HoJo Pattaya seems to have gone all-in: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and rooms sanitized between stays? Yes, please! Individually wrapped food options? Smart. Hand sanitizer everywhere? Bless. This tickles my germaphobe side! Seeing items like Sterilizing equipment, Professional-grade sanitizing services and Room sanitization opt-out available give me serious peace of mind. I need this level of precaution. The Hygiene certification is what I desire when I book a hotel in modern times, and the fact that Staff trained in safety protocol is reassuring.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (Where the Fun Really Begins…and Sometimes Ends):

Okay, let's talk food, my friends. The buffet situation? Breakfast [buffet], Asian breakfast, Western breakfast - it's the ultimate test. Does the buffet run out of bacon at 8:30 AM? Is the coffee lukewarm? (Common hotel sin, I tell ya!) I really do appreciate a restaurant offering a wide variety of choices to accommodate its guests. A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant. are what I need. The Poolside bar is a MUST. That's where the real vacation starts. Also, some Happy hour deals? Yes, please!

So, I think the Coffee shop and Snack bar would be my jam! And the Bottle of water is what everyone needs!

Services and Conveniences (The Little Things That Make a Big Difference):

This is where the HoJo impresses a bit. The 24-hour front desk and room service are absolute lifesavers. The Elevator is key for me. And the Concierge is my new friend who can help me with anything at all, from booking a massage to finding the best Pad Thai. The Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange, and the Convenience store are also essential… because I am forgetful!

One thing I didn't see that I always like: a good bookstore. Not for everyone, I understand, but a good collection can make me stay in the hotel longer.

For the Kids (Bless Their Little Hearts):

The HoJo seems family-friendly. Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, and Kids meal are encouraging signs.

Getting Around (Because Nobody Wants to Walk a Mile in Beach Sandals):

Airport transfers? Thank god. Car park [free of charge]? Excellent! And the Taxi service is a must, always.

Available in all rooms (Ah, The Comforts of Home…Almost):

Free Wi-Fi is what I need and I love it. But let's get to the nitty-gritty: Air conditioning (a must!), Blackout curtains (sleep is a luxury!), Coffee/tea maker (essential!), a Refrigerator (for emergency beer/water), and a Bathroom phone (for… emergencies, I guess?). Wake-up service could be really useful, too.

I think the Additional toilet is a luxury, not a requirement!

The Escape to Paradise Angle

Listen, the name "Escape to Paradise" sets a high bar. Does the HoJo Pattaya deliver that? This is where the details become crucial.

My personal rant comes in here: Is the pool crystal clear? Is the food good? Are there the kinds of things that I want to do and that can help me to relax? Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool is really important!

My Personal Howard Johnson Pattaya Offer:

Alright, here's the deal, folks. Book your getaway at the Howard Johnson Pattaya now.

Here's the deal:

  • Unwind in the moment: Book your luxurious room now and get a one bottle of water and a free spa massage!

  • Relax on the beach: We provide a safe, clean, and secure experience so you can unwind without a worry!

  • Book Before the End of [Month],: We are offering special packages.

Don't wait. Your escape to paradise awaits!

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Vinpearl Landmark 81's Secret Revealed!

Book Now

Howard Johnson by Wyndham Pattaya JC Pattaya Thailand

Howard Johnson by Wyndham Pattaya JC Pattaya Thailand

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your average, sterile travel itinerary. This is a Howard Johnson Pattaya adventure, and frankly, chaos might be the best word for it. I'm just hoping I don't end up losing my phone (again).

Day 1: Arrival, Jet Lag, and Questionable Decisions

  • 10:00 AM (Bangkok Time, +7, or, as I'm calling it, "The Time That Doesn't Exist"): Touchdown in Suvarnabhumi Airport. Okay, first hurdle: navigating the airport. I swear, I ended up in a duty-free perfume section for an hour. My inner child needed a new bottle of perfume, I'm gonna be using this excuse on my friend for sure. Now, where's the bloody immigration line?
  • 12:00 PM: Taxi to Pattaya (Praying the traffic gods are merciful). Praying even more that the driver understands "Howard Johnson." Oh, he does, bless his heart.
  • 2:00 PM: Check-in at Howard Johnson. The lobby is… a lot. Gold, velvet, and a faint whiff of what I suspect is a previous guest's aggressively scented cologne. Love it. The room? Surprisingly spacious! And hey, the view of the pool is actually decent. Score!
  • 3:00 PM: Jet lag hits, which I did not expect at all. Lay in bed, feeling like a soggy noodle.
  • 4:00 PM: Decide that caffeine is the answer (it usually is). Head downstairs for a coffee. End up ordering three espressos and a slice of something suspiciously yellow. Regret the yellow thing.
  • 5:00 PM: Wander aimlessly around the hotel. Bump into a group of loud Australians by the pool (they seem to be having a blast). Consider joining them. Then remember I still have to unpack.
  • 6:00 PM: Decide against unpacking. Instead, a quick shower and an outfit change is in order.
  • 7:00 PM: Stumble out of the hotel, absolutely starving! "Soi 4", I heard, "is the place to be." Famous last words.
  • 8:00 PM - whenever I find my bed again: Soi 4. Oh. My. God. Neon lights, hawkers yelling, smells I can't quite place (yet). Find a place with "live music" (sounded like a cat getting strangled, but charming, I guess). Order Pad Thai. Regret ordering a cocktail that tastes vaguely of cough syrup. End up people-watching in a haze of humidity and questionable decisions.
  • 11:00 PM: Decide to head back to Howard Johnson.

Day 2: Beach, Booze, and Buyer's Remorse (Maybe)

  • 9:00 AM: Wake up with a headache. Blame the cough syrup cocktail. And the questionable decisions.
  • 10:00 AM: Attempt breakfast. The breakfast buffet at the hotel is a land of endless temptations. Decided to go for the safe option: toast and omelet. The omelet was overcooked.
  • 11:00 AM: Beach time! Walk down to Pattaya Beach. The sand is… well, it's sand. And the water is… blue-ish. The beach boys are relentless.
  • 12:00 PM: Find a sun lounger. Bargain for an hour. Manage to get a good deal. Then, realizing I forgot sunscreen. Damn.
  • 1:00 PM: Lobster lunch.
  • 2:00 PM: Drinks on the beach. This is the life! (Or, at least, it was before the sand started getting everywhere).
  • 3:00 PM: Spend the next hour on the beach trying to figure out how to build a sandcastle. Failed spectacularly.
  • 4:00 PM: Nap on the sun lounger (despite the sand). Wake up with a sunburn. Oops.
  • 5:00 PM: Back to the hotel for a shower (needed that).
  • 6:00 PM: Thinking about a massage but also thinking about staying in my hotel room, relaxing.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. Walked the whole Pattaya to find a restaurant. Ended up eating at a street food stall. It was delicious, a good choice. Got a lovely mango sticky rice (I'm obsessed).
  • 8:00 PM: Walked back to the hotel, stopping at a convenience store for snacks.
  • 9:00 PM: Spend the rest of the evening watching TV and chatting with my family.
  • 10:00 PM: Try to go to bed, but a cockroach decides to join the party. Screaming.

Day 3: Art, Anxiety, and the Search for Authentic Thai Food

  • 9:00 AM: Wake up. The cockroach is gone. The trauma remains.
  • 11:00 AM: Find my way to the Art in Paradise (the 3D museum). Took some silly photos that are almost good. Spent way too much time taking selfies with the art. Definitely worth it!
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch near the Art in Paradise. Overestimated my ability to handle spicy food. My mouth is on fire.
  • 2:00 PM: Start searching for "authentic Thai food" (a quest I'm beginning to think is impossible).
  • 3:00 PM: Find a small restaurant. It looked promising. Food? Amazing. The best Tom Yum I've ever had.
  • 4:00 PM: Go to the beach. Start thinking about the fact that I'm leaving soon.
  • 5:00 PM: Visit the Sanctuary of Truth. It was… a lot. Gigantic, intricate, and surprisingly spiritual. Spent way more time than I expected just staring in awe.
  • 6:00 PM: Head back to the hotel. It's my last night in Pattaya. Panic starts to set in.
  • 7:00 PM: Packed my bags.
  • 8:00 PM: Go for a massage. Finally.
  • 9:00 PM: Back to Soi 4 for a final hurrah (aka, another questionable cocktail).
  • 10:00 PM: Spend an hour wandering around, trying to absorb the chaos as much as I could.
  • 11:00 PM: Regret the cocktail and the late night. Regret not buying more sunscreen.

Day 4: Goodbye, Pattaya (and Maybe, Goodbye, Sanity)

  • 8:00 AM: Check out of Howard Johnson. Bittersweet. The hotel was… a character.
  • 9:00 AM: Taxi to the airport. Praying I don't get stuck in traffic.
  • 11:00 AM: Board the plane. Already missing the chaos.
  • 12:00 PM: Reflect on the trip. Pattaya: a whirlwind of sun, sand, and surprising moments. Would I go back? Absolutely. Did I learn anything? Probably not. But hey, at least I survived. And that's a win in my book. Now, to find a decent coffee shop in the airport…
Escape to Stevens Pass: Your Gold Bar Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

Howard Johnson by Wyndham Pattaya JC Pattaya Thailand

Howard Johnson by Wyndham Pattaya JC Pattaya ThailandOkay, buckle up, buttercup! We're about to plunge headfirst into the ridiculously fun, occasionally frustrating, and ultimately unforgettable *Escape to Paradise: Howard Johnson Pattaya* experience. I'm going to be honest, this isn’t gonna be your sanitized, corporate FAQ. This is *my* take, warts and all.

1. So, Escape to Paradise… *Really* Paradise? Or Just Another Pattaya Hotel?

Alright, let’s get this out of the way. True, pure, untouched paradise? Maybe not. You’re in Pattaya, folks. But…Escape to Paradise? Yeah, it *does* live up to a certain level of the name. Look, the beach isn't precisely pristine (that's Pattaya, after all), but the pool? Oh, the pool. THAT part is a little slice of heaven. It's got that cascading waterfall thing, and really, after a few Chang beers by the water...you *can* almost believe you're on a deserted island, momentarily forgetting the street vendors hawking their wares just outside the gates.

2. The Rooms – Are They…Comfy? Claustrophobic? Haunted by the Ghosts of Discarded Pool Noodles?

Okay, the rooms. Here’s the deal. They're not the Ritz. Let's be brutally honest, they are also not cramped prison cells (thank goodness!). I stayed in a Deluxe room during my first stay and the space was fine. They are definitely clean, which is always a massive plus. That said, you *might* get a whiff of the salty sea air, which is lovely, unless it's mixed with a hint of, ah... "local street food." (Don't worry, it wasn't constant). My buddy, Dave? He said his AC was a *bit* dodgy. Like, kept cycling on and off all night, which drove him bonkers. He said it was like living in a perpetually haunted disco. However, the bed was surprisingly comfy. Seriously, I slept like a log – or maybe it was the Chang, who knows?

3. The Pool - The Real Deal or Overhyped?

Now *this* is where Escape to Paradise shines, truly and honestly! I'M obsessed with the pool itself, with the waterfall and swim-up bar! Okay, the waterfall is maybe a *little* cheesy... okay, it *is* cheesy, but it's also utterly irresistible. You'll find yourself taking ridiculous photos, and don't be surprised if you start channel surfing into the water at the bar and start to get into friendly competition with the other tourists for a perfect picture. The swim-up bar? Genius. Pure, unadulterated genius. It's hard not to be happy when you're bobbing in turquoise waters, sipping a cocktail and the sun kisses your skin!

4. The Breakfast Buffet: Worth Waking Up For? Or Just…Buffet?

The breakfast buffet. Okay, here’s my controversial opinion: Buffet food is often…meh. This one is a cut above, though! It’s not Michelin-star quality, but you've got everything! Scrambled eggs (sometimes a little rubbery, I’ll admit), bacon (crispy, hallelujah!), fruit, pastries, and of course, the all-important coffee. The coffee, though. Bless it. Strong enough to wake the dead. I'm a big fan. The thing is, I found myself eating *way* too much. Seriously, almost had to be rolled out of there. I woke up every day for it. And yes, I'll be back solely for the breakfast buffet during my second stay!

5. Location, Location, Location: Is It Convenient or a Pain in the…Well, You Know?

The location is, I would say, *mostly* convenient. Right on the beach? No. But it's a very short walk, past some fun little shops and bars. You will also encounter a few of the lovely street vendors, which is part of the experience, even if they sometimes get a little… persistent. You're close to the action, but far enough away that you can actually sleep at night, which is a massive win. Getting around Pattaya is easy enough with tuk-tuks and taxis. So generally, a thumbs up for the location.

6. The Staff – Angels or… Less Angelic?

The staff? Generally lovely! Genuine smiles, always ready to help (and they are used to dealing with all sorts of tourists). There was this one time, though… Okay, picture this. I managed to lock myself out of my room. At 2 am. After a few too many cocktails. I felt like such an idiot. But the staff were fantastic! Seriously, they were so patient with me. They got me back in within like, 10 minutes. Absolute heroes!

7. Anything I Should Be Aware Of *Before* Booking?

Okay, a few things. Firstly, if you're a light sleeper, bring earplugs. Traffic noise and occasional impromptu karaoke sessions are a real thing. Secondly, the beach itself isn’t the cleanest. Just set your expectations accordingly. And thirdly, and this is SUPER important: The free Wi-Fi. Can be… a bit temperamental. Seriously, don't rely on it for any truly important work calls. Just embrace that you can switch off for a while!

8. The Best Thing About the Hotel? The Worst?

The best? Easy. The pool! Pure, unadulterated joy (especially after a long, hot day exploring). The worst? Okay, let me be brutally honest. The elevators are often a bit of a wait. Especially during breakfast time. There were times I considered taking the stairs, even though I was three floors up. It's a minor complaint, really, but it's the only real negative thing I could find!

9. Is the "Escape to Paradise" worth it, really?

So, the burning question: Is it worth it? Absolutely! It isn't faultless, of course, but for the price, the pool, the staff, and overall experience? Oh yes. It's great for a budget-friendly option. I have a real, honest opinion though, the word escape can be subjective. Depending on what you are looking for. It's not exactly a luxurious getaway. It's a fun, relaxed, and comfortable base for exploring Pattaya. And honestly? It's got that certain charm that many other, more sterile, hotels lack. Would I go back? In a heartbeat. Just book it. You deserve a little slice of paradise, even if it's a slightly imperfect one!

10.Hotel Haven Now

Howard Johnson by Wyndham Pattaya JC Pattaya Thailand

Howard Johnson by Wyndham Pattaya JC Pattaya Thailand

Howard Johnson by Wyndham Pattaya JC Pattaya Thailand

Howard Johnson by Wyndham Pattaya JC Pattaya Thailand