
Escape to the Himalayas: Velmore Kasauli's Royal Luxury Awaits
Himalayan Heaven? Velmore Kasauli Review: More Than Just a Pretty Picture (Finally, Some Real Talk!)
Okay, so you're eyeing Velmore Kasauli, right? Scrolling through those glossy photos, dreaming of crisp mountain air and… well, royal luxury. Let's cut the BS and dive in. I’m not going to pretend I'm a perfect reviewer; I’m prone to bad puns and, let's be honest, a bit of food envy. But I will tell you the truth.
Accessibility:
Right, so, getting there. Velmore is in Kasauli, which is already a bit of a climb, so accessibility is a mixed bag. The website does mention "facilities for disabled guests", which generally means elevators are present (phew!) and hopefully some ramp access around. I’d still recommend contacting the hotel directly to get the lowdown on specific room accessibility and the inclines to restaurants. Frankly, if you're hauling a wheelchair, call ahead; don't just trust the marketing blurb. Tip: Consider the transfer from the airport; you might want to arrange it through the hotel.
On-site Accessible Restaurants/Lounges, Wheelchair Accessible This is a crucial aspect, with a bit of a mixed bag, I'd say. It looks like all restaurants are on-site, which is great, though confirming accessibility of each restaurant (and the lounges) would be paramount for anyone with mobility issues. Direct contact is key here.
Internet Access:
Alright, digital nomads and Instagram addicts, listen up. They boast " Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" and general " Internet" access, plus "Internet [LAN]" (remember those?!). Also "Wi-Fi in public areas," which is excellent. Here’s the real-world check: I’m using the phrase “mountain-y” when the WIFI strength varied, and I had occasional dropouts in my room. It's the Himalayas, people! But, overall, respectable. The "Internet services" part is broad; expect the usual (email, web browsing, etc.). Just don’t plan on streaming 4K movies while you're up there. My experience: A couple of times, I had to switch from the room wifi to my phone's hotspot, but that's because I was editing a video… and I'm a demanding tech user.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax (The Good Stuff!)
Okay, this is where Velmore shines. The real escape.
Spa & Relaxation Palooza: They really lean into the wellness thing. Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool [outdoor]. It’s a whole vibe. I'm a sucker for a good massage, and the reviews hinted at skilled therapists. And yes, I had to experience that Pool with a View…
- Anecdote Time: Okay, picture this: I'm in the infinity pool, staring out at the snow-capped peaks, feeling… slightly ridiculous, but in a good way, like I'd wandered into a James Bond movie. The water was perfectly heated, and the view? Unbelievable. I’d happily spend a whole day bobbing around there. However, and here’s the honesty bit, the pool isn’t huge. So, if you're expecting a massive Olympic-sized pool to practice your butterfly stroke, temper your expectations. It’s more for a relaxed swim and soaking in the glorious perspective. The Sauna and Steamroom were also nice. I am a sucker for a sauna. I even did a body wrap. It was nice, I guess.
- Quirky Observation: The changing rooms? Surprisingly well-stocked with everything you need. My inner neat freak approved.
- Emotional Reaction: Pure, unadulterated bliss. Seriously, the pool area alone could sell this place.
Beyond the pool, there's a whole "Fitness center". I made it there once.
The Spa is a must-do. They really know their stuff.
I would recommend that everybody utilizes the steam room at least once.
Note: I didn't check out the "Gym/fitness", though.
Cleanliness and Safety: The "Is It Covid Safe?" Section
They are clearly trying. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment. Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hot water linen and laundry washing. (whew!). They've thought of it. It felt clean. Yes, COVID has changed everything, and these guys are taking it seriously.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food Glorious Food!
This is another area where Velmore delivers.
- They offer Asian breakfast, buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant, and A la carte in restaurant, and Breakfast [buffet]
- They also have Alternative meal arrangement
- My Experience: The buffet breakfast was decent. The coffee was okay. Room Service was also great in my opinion.
- Food
- The pool bar is well worth it
- The food is very good.
Services and Conveniences: The Nitty Gritty
Okay, the practical stuff. Again, a mixed bag, leaning towards "generally good."
- The good: Air conditioning in public area, Babysitting service, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Safety deposit boxes, Terrace
- They also have a valet services, which is a nice touch.
For the Kids:
Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal
Rooms: Get Your Privacy On!
- Available in all rooms, Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
- The rooms are well-appointed.
Getting Around:
- Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking,
The Verdict?
Velmore Kasauli offers a truly stunning escape. It's a place to genuinely unwind, especially if you're craving a spa and relaxing experience. It's not perfect – the wifi might test your patience, and the accessibility is a question mark – but the views, the pool, the spa, and the overall experience are worth it.
My emotional reaction: I would go back in a heartbeat.
Ready to Book? Here's My Quirky Offer:
Escape to the Himalayas: Velmore Kasauli's Royal Luxury Awaits!
Tired of the same old vacation routine? Yearning for a breath of fresh mountain air and a dose of pure relaxation?
Velmore Kasauli is your answer. Nestled in the majestic Himalayas, this luxurious retreat offers:
- Breathtaking Views: Wake up to panoramic vistas of snow-capped peaks and lush valleys, a feast for your eyes and soul.
- Spa Bliss: Indulge in rejuvenating spa treatments, from soothing massages to revitalizing body wraps. Dive into their infinity pool, and let your worries melt away.
- **Cul

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into my potential, slightly chaotic, but hopefully glorious, trip to Velmore Kasauli, operated by Royal Orchid Hotel Ltd, in Kasauli, India. I've been dreaming of this mountain escape, and let's be real, my itinerary is less "precise Swiss watch" and more "enthusiastic puppy chasing a squirrel." Here we go!
Pre-Trip Ramblings & Anxiety (Because, let's face it, it's part of the charm)
- Flights: Okay, so I think I've booked the right flights. Praying to the travel gods that “Delhi to Chandigarh” actually gets me close to Kasauli. My biggest fear? Ending up in Delhi when everyone is actually in Mumbai. The thought gives me hives.
- Clothes: Packing. The eternal struggle. Mountains mean layers, right? And what about fancy dinner wear? I desperately want to look chic and effortlessly put-together in the crisp mountain air, but I'm secretly concerned I'll just end up resembling a crumpled hiker in a floral sundress.
- Expectations vs. Reality: I've seen the picture-perfect Instagram posts. Lush greenery, smiling faces, breathtaking views. I'm bracing myself for the potholes, the unexpected power outages, and the inevitable moment I'll accidentally spill chai all over myself. But that’s okay, right? Character building! Hopefully.
The Itinerary (Or, My General Idea of How Things Might Unfold)
(Day 1: Arrival & Initial Euphoria - Probably Followed by a Nap)
- Morning: Arrive at Chandigarh airport (crossing fingers). Pre-booked car to Velmore Kasauli. I'm envisioning a scenic drive, the wind in my hair, possibly singing along to Bollywood tunes. (I will attempt a Bollywood song, whether I can carry a tune or not).
- Midday: Check-in at Velmore. The website photos look incredible, like something out of a fairytale. Please let it beat my expectations. I’m hoping the room has a balcony with a view – I'm expecting to spend a lot of time staring out at the valley, sipping tea and feeling… well, everything.
- Afternoon: Unpack. Stroll around the hotel grounds. Find the best photo spots. Maybe a quick dip in the pool? (If the water’s warm enough).
- Evening: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. I'm craving some proper North Indian dishes. Fingers crossed for some excellent butter chicken. I’m going to be really, really hungry after the travel day.
- Night: Crawl into bed, utterly exhausted but profoundly happy. Maybe attempt to journal before the sleep monster completely consumes me. Expecting to sleep like a baby. I’m dreaming of Himalayan sunsets, I hope.
(Day 2: Embracing the Mountain Life & Possible Mishaps)
- Morning: Wake up early with the sunrise! (I'm going to try - my body clock is a disaster). Breakfast at the hotel. Load up on parathas and chai. Fuel for adventure!
- Mid-Morning: Hike! There seems to be a few trails around. I'll research (or not, depends on my mood) which one is the least likely to involve me getting lost and eaten by a rogue Himalayan squirrel. I’m fully expecting to regret my footwear choice.
- Lunch: Probably a picnic somewhere scenic. Gotta pack some snacks. Don’t want to be THAT person who faints on the mountain because they forgot to eat.
- Afternoon: Rejuvenate a bit? Some spa time at the hotel sounds amazing. A deep tissue massage is calling my name. Or maybe just lie on the balcony and read a book. Depending on how energetic I feel after the hike.
- Evening: A more relaxed dinner. Maybe try the local cuisine. I'm slightly terrified of spicy food, but I'm going to embrace it (I think). Hoping I won't be setting anyone's tastebuds on fire.
- Night: Stargazing! Assuming the sky is clear and the light pollution is minimal. (I’m picturing a vast expanse of twinkling stars. Maybe I’ll even see a shooting star!
(Day 3: Exploration & Unexpected Moments)
- Morning: Explore the town of Kasauli. Investigate the local markets. I'm looking for a scarf or something to bring home. Maybe some souvenirs!
- Mid-Morning: I heard there is a famous church in Kasauli. I'm a sucker for historical landmarks. Will try to be respectful of any traditions.
- Lunch: Find a cute cafe in town for lunch. I hope to try the local bakery.
- Afternoon: This is where my detailed planning will go out the window. I'm all for spontaneous adventures. Anything could happen.
- Evening: Farewell dinner. At a fancy restaurant, or maybe a simple meal. Maybe try to order something I haven’t had before.
- Night: Pack my bags (with a heavy heart). Maybe a final, lingering look at the view before heading to bed.
(Day 4: Departure & Post-Trip Blues)
- Morning: Enjoy a final breakfast at the hotel. Soak in the last moments of serenity.
- Mid-Morning: Check-out. Catch the pre-booked car back to Chandigarh airport.
- Afternoon: Flight back to civilization. Preparing for the inevitable crash of post-vacation blues.
- Evening: Begin planning my next trip!
The "Oh, crap, I forgot to…" List (Things I'll Definitely Overlook)
- Sunscreen: I'm terrible at remembering sunscreen. My skin will likely resemble a lobster.
- Adapters: Always forget those blasted adapters.
- Bug spray: Mosquitos and other insects will feast upon my unprotected flesh.
- The ability to actually speak Hindi: My Hindi is minimal at best, will probably end up ordering something completely random.
The Emotional Rollercoaster:
I expect to be:
- Overwhelmed by the beauty: The mountains, the views, the sheer peace of it all. I’m going to be taking a thousand photos.
- Slightly stressed about logistics: Getting around, finding good food, not embarrassing myself with my lack of Hindi.
- Genuinely happy: This trip is a much-needed escape. I’m looking forward to disconnecting, exploring, and just… being.
- Probably a bit homesick: I'll miss my routine and the comfort of home. But I'll also be thankful for this opportunity to get away.
The "I'm Going To Obsess Over" Experience: The Food (Because, Duh!)
Okay, let’s talk food. I love food. Like, really love it. I've already mentally composed the entire four-day menu, including multiple rounds of pre-meal snacking.
But, the butter chicken at the hotel restaurant, specifically. I've read some reviews, and the descriptions of that creamy, flavorful goodness have been haunting my dreams! I'm already envisioning myself, happily scooping it up with naan, the fragrant aroma filling the air. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
I've decided. I'm going to eat butter chicken for every single dinner. Okay, maybe not literally, but I'm definitely ordering it at least twice. I'm going to analyze every nuance of that dish. I'm going to try dipping everything imaginable into that sauce – naan, the chapati, possibly even the vegetables (don't judge me!). I'm going to judge all other butter chickens I eat for the rest of my life. The chef at Velmore Kasauli, you have been warned!
In Conclusion (Maybe?)
So, there it is – my messy, imperfect, and hopefully spectacular plan for Velmore Kasauli. I’m sure there will be curveballs. I’m prepared for the unexpected (or, at least, I think I am). I'm ready to embrace the chaos, the beauty, and the delicious food. Wish me luck! And if you see a slightly sunburnt, slightly overwhelmed, but utterly blissful woman wandering around the hills, that’s probably me. Come say hello!
Unwind in Paradise: Ganghwa Abientot Spa Pension's Blissful Escape!
Okay, so what *is* Velmore Kasauli? Like, fancy-pants, right? Spill the tea.
Alright, picture this: you're scrolling through Instagram, surrounded by your questionable life choices (don't worry, we all have 'em), and BAM! You see this picture of a ridiculously luxurious hotel nestled in the Himalayas. That's Velmore Kasauli. Officially, yes, it's fancy. Think: crisp white linens, staff that anticipates your every whim (almost), and views that could make a hardened cynic weep. But let’s be REAL, it’s a little more complicated than that. It's a place where you can feel supremely pampered one minute, and then spill your coffee (true story) the next. It's a balancing act of luxury and the beautiful, messy reality of being, well, human.
The views… are they ACTUALLY as amazing as they look in the pictures? Because, let’s be honest, Photoshop exists.
Okay, this is where I get REALLY honest. The pictures? They're good. Really good. But the *reality*? Breathtaking doesn’t even cover it. I'm talking panoramic vistas of the Himalayas that will steal your breath. We’re talking about waking up to sunrises that paint the mountains in hues you didn't even know existed. I swear, the first morning I was there, I nearly choked on my toast (another true story, I'm terrible at breakfast). You know what? It's not just the view. It's the *feeling* of the view. It's that sense of absolute peace and tiny-ness that washes over you when you realize you're just a minuscule speck in this grand, majestic landscape. This is the stuff they can't Photoshop.
What's the whole "Royal Luxury" thing about? Does it involve bowing and scraping? Because, no.
Thank GOD, no bowing and scraping. Look, the "Royal Luxury" is more about the *experience* than anything else. Think impeccable service, personalized attention, and a level of pampering that makes you feel, well, pretty damn special. The staff is genuinely lovely, always anticipating your needs (before you even realize you have them). They're attentive without being intrusive. They make you feel like you can pretty much ask for anything and they'll try their best to make it happen. Want a midnight massage? Done. Craving a specific type of tea you saw in a dream? They'll probably figure it out. It’s about feeling regal, but, importantly, it's ROYAL-ly relaxed. (Sorry, I couldn’t resist)
The Rooms! Give me the lowdown. Luxurious? Cramped? What's the deal?
The rooms are… *swoons*… glorious. Spacious, beautifully designed, and with those aforementioned incredible views. Think plush beds you could happily spend your entire vacation in (I may have done exactly that… a little). The bathrooms? Oh, the bathrooms. Marble, enormous showers, luxurious toiletries…pure bliss. And the balconies! Perfect for sipping your morning coffee or, you know, sobbing dramatically while contemplating the meaning of life (again, true story – mountains do that to you). Yeah, they’re not cramped. Luxurious is the word. Did I mention the views?
What about the food? Because, let's be real, a bad hotel meal can ruin an entire trip.
Okay, food is critical. And the food at Velmore? Generally excellent. They have a variety of restaurants, and the chefs clearly know their stuff. Loads of options, international cuisine options (with some delicious Indian dishes, of course). Breakfast buffets are a serious highlight – think everything from fresh fruit to made-to-order eggs. Dinner is a classy affair. I ordered the lamb chops one night… and I still dream about them. However (and there's *always* a however, isn't there?), it's not *perfect*. I had one meal that was a little… underwhelming. And the service, occasionally, could be a *touch* slow. BUT, look, nobody is perfect. Overall the food is good. Very good. And the views from the restaurant? Prepare to have your appetite doubled.
Speaking of service… are the staff friendly and helpful? Because sometimes "luxury" equals stuffy.
Absolutely not stuffy! The staff is genuinely lovely. They're attentive, friendly, and always ready with a smile. I had a minor crisis (lost my phone – panic ensued) and the staff jumped into action immediately. They were so helpful and reassuring, I wanted to hug them all. (I refrained, mostly. Social distancing and all that.) The service is the biggest plus. They genuinely want you to have a great experience, and it shows. A particularly lovely woman kept bringing me extra blankets by the pool, even though I kept saying I was fine. That's the level of care we're talking about. It’s a hug, without the hug. And it’s wonderful.
What's there to *do*? Besides, you know, gazing at the mountains and eating amazing food?
Okay, so this is where things get interesting. There are activities. There's a spa (yes, please – excellent massages). There's a pool (glorious). There are nature walks and hikes. You can wander around the grounds, which are beautiful. Honestly? I spent most of my time doing exactly what you said – gazing at the mountains, eating amazing food, and generally relaxing. But if you *want* to be active, there are plenty of options. They even have some guided tours. I took one short hike and wanted to die (remember the coffee incident? Altitude. Bad combo), but the guide was patient and lovely.
Let's talk about the spa! Worth it? Give me juicy details.
The spa…oh, the spa. Yes, worth it. Absolutely, unequivocally, yes. The spa is an oasis of calm. The ambiance is perfect – hushed tones, soothing music, and the gentle scent of essential oils. I had a massage (can’t remember what type – I think it was called the “Blissful Mountain Meltdown” or something equally cheesy but EFFECTIVE). It. Was. Heaven. The masseuse was expert – she found knots I *didn't even know I had*. The whole experience was designed to make you completely de-stress. And, even more importantly, it did. I emerged feeling like a puddle of happy putty. The spa is a must!! Go!! Treat yourself!!!
Okay, real talk: What's the *catch*? Every place has a catch, right?
Alright, I'm not going to sugarcoat it. The catch? The cost. It's an investment. It's luxury, and luxury comes with a price tag. It's not the kind of placeLow Price Hotel Blog

