
Dumaguete's Hidden Gem: E&C Tourist Inn RM-17 Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the whirlwind that is E&C Tourist Inn's Room 17, the "Hidden Gem" of Dumaguete. Let's be real, "Hidden Gem" is thrown around like confetti, but does E&C really deliver? Let's spill the tea (or maybe the complimentary tea, because apparently, they've got that!).
First Impressions (and a confession – I almost missed the turn!)
Finding E&C is a mini-adventure in itself. I'm spatially challenged, so let's just say my GPS and I had a moment. The exterior? Not exactly the Taj Mahal. Functional, clean-ish, but nothing that screams "Instagram me!". Still, it's Dumaguete – charm often hides in unexpected places. And hey, free parking (Car park [free of charge], they call it) is ALWAYS a win in a busy city. Plus, security seems legit – they've got cameras (CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property). You know, the practical stuff.
The Room – Room 17 – The Star of the Show
Alright, let's get to the heart of this review: Room 17 (Available in all rooms, it's all about specifics here, folks!).
Stepping inside, I'm greeted by… a room. Yep. Not a palace, not a dungeon. A perfectly serviceable, clean room (Cleanliness and safety – top priority, thankfully!). Air conditioning? Check. Makes all the difference in the Dumaguete heat. Free Wi-Fi? Double-check! And it actually worked (Wi-Fi [free]). A small victory, but a victory nonetheless. They also go the extra mile with Free bottled water.
I'm also a sucker for comfort. The bed? Decently comfy. Separate shower/bathtub. Always a pleasure. The towels – fluffy enough. Look, it's not the Ritz, but it's not your sketchy backpacker hostel either. It's… comfortable. Functional, and well worth the price.
Internet Access (and my digital detox… that failed)
Let’s talk Internet. They offer both Internet access – LAN and Internet access – wireless. I'm a digital addict. I needed to stay connected. The Wi-Fi was fine, no complains but I tried the wired access for the fun of it. I won't call it a "super speedy connection". It worked, which is better than many places.
Food, Glorious Food… (and the Quest for Coffee)
Okay, food. This is where things get interesting. They offer Breakfast in room, and you can seemingly get some Breakfast takeaway service. Plus, the restaurant seemed to have Asian cuisine in restaurant. I usually skip hotel breakfasts. But the option of a coffee shop and coffee/tea in restaurant was great. Let's talk about the food (Dining, drinking, and snacking). There is the A la carte in restaurant, Asian breakfast, Buffet in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant. I didn't eat at the hotel much to be honest. But the few options I did try were pretty good.
Accessibility & Ammenities (The Practical Bits)
Okay, let's get practical. This is important stuff. Accessibility (Facilities for disabled guests, they call it). The elevator is a blessing. They have Air conditioning in public area. Daily housekeeping, which is always a welcome sight to a messy person like myself. The concierge was helpful.
The Spa (and My Attempt at Bliss)
Okay, full disclosure: I'm not a spa person. I envision myself as one of those zen women but I’m likely to fidget and check my phone. BUT, E&C actually has a Spa (Spa/sauna). Now, I didn't go full spa-mode (Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage). But they have a Sauna and a Steamroom. Maybe next time!
Things to Do & Ways to Relax (Beyond Room 17)
This is where E&C surprised me a little. The hotel has a swimming pool (Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]). It's not Olympic-sized, but it’s a perfect spot for a little dip. They have a gym (Gym/fitness, Fitness center)
Cleanliness & Safety (Post-Pandemic Realities)
Crucially important! Anti-viral cleaning products are on display. They do Daily disinfection in common areas. Hand sanitizer everywhere. They adhere to Physical distancing of at least 1 meter. Kudos to E&C for taking this seriously. The rooms were well-sanitized, I'm sure, but I wish they’d remove the Room sanitization opt-out available option. I would rather trust the team on this one.
The Quirks (The Real Meat of a Review, Right?)
No place is perfect. The lighting in the room wasn't quite on par. And the TV channels… well, let's just say I re-watched a classic movie I already knew well.
The Verdict: Should YOU Book Room 17?
Yes.
Here's the deal: E&C Tourist Inn Room 17, like Dumaguete itself, is charming in its imperfections. It's not a luxury hotel, but it's clean, comfortable, and offers great value. It's got all the basics covered and more – like that surprisingly good Wi-Fi and the decent breakfast. If you're looking for a simple, affordable, and safe place to stay while exploring Dumaguete, Room 17 at E&C Tourist Inn is a solid choice.
Final thought – this is my real opinion. It's a great value. It’s not perfect. But it’s a solid choice.
The "Book Now" Offer (Because I'm Supposed To Write One):
Tired of the Tourist Traps? Escape to Dumaguete's Hidden Gem!
E&C Tourist Inn – Room 17 Awaits!
Here's What You Get:
- Comfy and Clean Room: Relax after a day's exploration with Air conditioning, Free Wi-Fi, and all the essentials.
- Easy Accessibility: The hotel has an elevator, providing ease of movement for all guests.
- Food & Drink Right at Your Doorstep: Enjoy room service and breakfast options.
- Safety & Hygiene: We're committed to your well-being with enhanced cleaning protocols.
- Convenience: Free parking, plus a helpful staff!
For a Limited Time:
- Book directly through their website and get a complimentary welcome drink!
- Receive a 10% discount on bookings made within the next week.
Don't just take my word for it – discover the charm of E&C Tourist Inn for yourself! Click the link to book your escape to Dumaguete!
Escape to Paradise: Hotel Christopher's St. Barth Luxury Awaits
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's travel itinerary. This is a lived experience itinerary, specifically for E&C Tourist Inn RM-17 in Dumaguete, Philippines. Prepare for a rollercoaster of sugar-high excitement, existential dread over a clogged toilet (it happens), and the inevitable sunburn. Here we go…
Day 1: Arrival, Adobo Dreams & the Eternal Question of "Is This It?"
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: The Great Descent (and the Search for RM-17). Landed in Dumaguete. The air hits you like a warm, humid hug. Actually, more like a sweaty embrace. Grabbed a tricycle, those little metal death traps that somehow defy physics and traffic laws. The driver, bless his heart, clearly hadn't gotten the memo about my "arrive calm, don't panic" travel philosophy. He zipped through the roads like a caffeinated ninja! Arrived at E&C. Finding RM-17? Let me tell you, it was a quest worthy of a seasoned adventurer. Wandering the hallways, questioning every shadowy corner, until I finally found it. Pure relief.
- Quirk: The ceiling fan in the room looks like it's from the Jurassic period. I'm simultaneously terrified and charmed.
- Emotional Reaction: Initial reaction: This… is the place. (Slightly apprehensive, actually).
1:30 PM - 2:30 PM: Settling In (and Assessing Potential Bed Bugs). Unpack the bare essentials. Check the sheets (religiously). Sigh. At least there's AC. It works…ish. Then, the important stuff: water bottle refill, and immediate and urgent need for food.
3:00 PM - 4:30 PM: Adobo Apocalypse! Found a local carinderia (small, local eatery). Ordered the adobo. Oh. My. God. It was like a flavor bomb detonated in my mouth. This is what I was MISSING. The perfect balance of sweet, salty, and vinegary… I seriously considered ordering a second plate.
- Messiness: Managed to get adobo sauce all over my face. Classy.
- Opinion: Absolutely THE best adobo I've ever tasted. Period. Anyone who disagrees is probably from another planet.
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: The Dumaguete Shuffle (and the Existential Bathroom Predicament). Wandered around the area, trying to get my bearings. The heat started to hit, a bit hard. Find a shop to buy some water. Return to the Inn. Realized the bathroom toilet (in RM-17!) was… not flushing. Panic. Slight frustration. This is where the "honest" part of this travelogue comes in. Tried the plunger. Failed. The water level continued to rise. Is this the end? Wondered if I should I just move immediately.
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM: Dinner - and the Realization That I Might Be Hungry Again. Found a place near the Inn. Chicken and rice. It was okay. Nothing the adobo could touch, but hey, fuel is fuel right? After all, it's the first night in Dumaguete.
8:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Early to Bed (Because Jet Lag is a Beast). Tried to fall asleep. Failed. The humidity. The sounds of the city. The lingering fear that the toilet demon would rise again. Eventually drifted off.
Day 2: Island Hopping, Snorkeling Fail, and the Great Sunburn of '23 (aka a single, massive, very annoying, and very burnt experience!)
7:00 AM - 8:00 AM: Breakfast Quest Part 2. Realized the breakfast at E&C was… uninspiring. Found a small local coffee shop, ordered some toast and instant coffee.
- Quirky Observation: The coffee was barely coffee, but somehow, it still worked.
- Emotional Reaction: Content.
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM: APO ISLAND – All Day Long.
- 9:00 AM - Ferry. After a while, finally found a boat that would agree to take me to Apo Island (after some haggling, because, you know, that's how it's done).
- 10:00 AM – Snorkeling - Epic Fail: The water was gorgeous. Crystal clear, turquoise perfection. I attempted to snorkel. I have the coordination of a newborn giraffe. Ended up swallowing more salt water than I probably should have. My mask kept fogging up. I bumped into a coral. I looked like a flailing, panicked idiot. Gave up after 30 minutes.
- 11:00 AM - Island Fun: Found some food and a shady spot, that ended up not being shady.
- Emotional Reaction: Pure, unadulterated bliss.
- Opinion: The reef was astonishing. The fish, amazing. This is paradise, even if I spent most of the time looking like a clumsy walrus.
- Minor Category: Found a tiny, adorable sea turtle! It was the highlight of the whole day!
- Noon - Sunburn Apocalypse. Oh, the sun. The sun of Dumaguete. I reapplied sunscreen… once. Clearly not enough. By the time I got back, I looked like a lobster that had a fight with a pizza oven. Burning. Painful. It was an honest, unrepentant disaster.
- Messiness: My skin. It looked peeling already.
- Emotional Reaction: Pure, unadulterated pain.
- 2:00 PM - Return and Regret: The boat ride back was long and hot and I just needed a shower.
- 4:00 PM - Shower: The shower felt amazing.
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner of Regret. Walked a little to dinner. Everything hurt. Found a place that served, you guessed it, adobo. It was bland, but it was still a meal.
7:30 PM - Bedtime: The burn intensified. I applied aloe vera. I cursed the sun. I questioned my life choices. Eventually, exhaustion won.
Day 3: (Tentative) Recovering and the Future.
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Breakfast: Woke up. Still red. Ate some toast (very carefully).
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Explore the city. Maybe.
Afternoon: Probably hide in the air conditioning. And consider buying a full hazmat suit for the remainder of the trip.
Evening: Maybe try to get the toilet situation sorted. (Prayers and a call to the front desk are in order).
This is the raw, unedited truth of travel. It's beautiful, messy, hilarious, and occasionally terrifying. Welcome to Dumaguete. And to RM-17. Good luck. You'll need it.
Luxury Hanoi Haven: 22Housing's 81 Linh Lang Jewel Awaits!
E&C Tourist Inn RM-17: The Unfiltered Guide (Let's Get Real)
Okay, spill the tea: Is E&C Tourist Inn *really* a hidden gem, or just… hidden?
Specifically, what's the deal with Room 17? Why all the hype (or is it hype?)
Okay, so the view is good. But what's the *actual* room like – the nitty-gritty stuff?
The staff. Are they friendly? Because let's face it, that can make or break a stay. (Or is it just me?)
Okay, but what about the downsides? Every place has them. Don't be afraid to be honest!
Would you *really* recommend Room 17 at E&C Tourist Inn? Like, would *you* go back?
Anything else I need to know before I book? Hidden gems? Secret tips?

