Dumaguete's Hidden Gem: E&C Tourist Inn RM-18 Awaits!

E&C TOURIST INN RM-18 Dumaguete Philippines

E&C TOURIST INN RM-18 Dumaguete Philippines

Dumaguete's Hidden Gem: E&C Tourist Inn RM-18 Awaits!

Dumaguete's Hidden Gem: E&C Tourist Inn RM-18 Awaits! - A Review, Rambles, and a Really Bold Offer (Brace Yourselves!)

Okay, folks, buckle up. This ain't your typical bland hotel review. We're diving headfirst into E&C Tourist Inn, specifically RM-18, and believe me, it's a journey filled with highs, lows, and a whole lotta lukewarm showers (more on that later). I'm here to spill the beans, the sinigang, the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the… well, you get the idea.

First Impressions (and the Search for the Damn Entrance)

Accessibility wise, getting to the inn was relatively easy. Dumaguete's not exactly Manhattan. Finding the entrance, on the other hand… well, let's just say Google Maps wasn't my best wingman that day. Eventually, after a sweaty scavenger hunt worthy of Indiana Jones (minus the fedora), I stumbled upon it. Car park [free of charge]? Check! (And a lifesaver, considering the scooter chaos.)

RM-18: My Humble Abode (and the Occasional Water Heater Grumble)

The room itself? Cozy. Not sprawling luxury, but hey, Air conditioning was a godsend in this humid climate. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (hallelujah!) worked like a charm, which meant I could finally upload those epic sunset snaps. Now, the Internet access – wireless and Internet access – LAN options were available. I personally opted for the wireless, like a modern warrior in a digital battleground.

But let's get real for a second. That shower? The hot water sometimes behaved. There were moments of glorious warmth, and then… cold. Freezing. Polar-bear-plunge-into-the-Pacific cold. I'm talking "wake-up-your-senses-in-a-way-you-weren't-expecting" cold. I'm not sure if it was just RM-18, if I was using the water heater wrong (which is possible!), or if this is part of the "Dumaguete Experience." Towels were clean. Bathrobes: Not available. I got over it quick enough.

The Cleanliness Crusade & Safety First (Mostly!)

Okay, this is where E&C genuinely shines. The place felt clean. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Rooms sanitized between stays? You betcha. It was reassuring, especially as I saw the staff wiping down pretty much everything – tables, rails, doorknobs – with the zeal of monks devoted to the Buddha. This dude's a pro in safety and security: CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], front desk [24-hour], Access, Smoke detectors, all ticked! A great win for E&C!

Food, Glorious Food (Mostly, and for the Early Birds)

Breakfast [buffet] was included. I'm not a buffet snob, but it was… early-bird-catches-the-worm-or-the-cold-pancakes-and-watery-coffee. The Asian breakfast option was a nice touch. Coffee/tea in restaurant? Absolutely. Coffee was a tad weak, but hey, it did the job! Breakfast takeaway service? A lifesaver for those early morning adventures to the beach. The Coffee shop was good! Honestly, the food wasn't the highlight, but it was there, and that's what mattered. There's also a restaurant, A la carte in restaurant!

Things to Do (Beyond Just Breathing Dumaguete Air)

Okay, E&C is not the Ritz-Carlton. It’s a budget-friendly basecamp. Things to do here are rather limited. The pool with view? Nope. Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor], Fitness center, Gym/fitness, Foot bath, Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage, all unavailable. But that's okay! This is Dumaguete, baby! Go explore! The nearby Rizal Boulevard offers stunning views. You can easily arrange day trips to Apo Island for diving or to the cascading waterfalls.

The Little Extras (And the Mostly Good Bits)

The staff were genuinely lovely. Daily housekeeping, always with a smile. Concierge, helpful with basic questions. Cash withdrawal available nearby, a crucial detail. Luggage storage, a huge plus for those early check-ins/late check-outs.

The Hiccups (The "Real" Stuff)

  • The TV channels… well, they were a bit limited. Bring a book/your own entertainment.
  • The soundproofing… let's just say you could hear the scooters whizzing by. And the occasional rooster. Consider Soundproof rooms in your booking.
  • Pets allowed unavailable: This is a bummer for pet owners.

The Verdict and the REALLY BOLD OFFER (Hold on to Your Hats!)

E&C Tourist Inn RM-18 isn't perfect. It's not a luxury resort. But it is clean, safe, affordable, and the staff are genuinely friendly. It's a great base for exploring Dumaguete and the surrounding areas.

Now, for the REALLY BOLD OFFER:

Book your stay in RM-18 at E&C Tourist Inn within the next 7 days, and I’ll personally guarantee you the following:

  • If the hot water in your shower is consistently lukewarm or worse, I – yes, me – will Venmo you ₱500 for a steaming hot cup of coffee and a pastry at your favorite cafe (or a small bottle of something stronger). Trust me, I know the importance of a good hot shower!
  • If you stumble upon any particularly memorable quirks during your stay, send me a photo or a story. The best one will win a free gift from a local Dumaguete artisan! (I'm talking handcrafted jewelry, delicious local treats – you name it!)
  • And, for a limited time on top of it, you get 10% Off of rooms for the next 3 months.

Why am I doing this?

Because I want you to experience Dumaguete, and I want you to be happy. I want to support local businesses. I want to prove that comfortable travels can be affordable, if you search around a little!

This is a limited-time offer. Book now! You have nothing to lose. Except maybe your attachment to scalding hot showers. And maybe a few roosters. But hey, it will be an adventure you won't soon forget.

Click Here To Book & Remember RM-18 Awaits! (This part is obviously where you include your actual booking link!)

Dubai's Lakeside Oasis: Downtown Hostel Bliss!

Book Now

E&C TOURIST INN RM-18 Dumaguete Philippines

E&C TOURIST INN RM-18 Dumaguete Philippines

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because you're about to get a glimpse into my REAL trip to E&C Tourist Inn, Room 18, Dumaguete. Prepare for delightful chaos. This ain't your sterile, pre-fab itinerary. Nope. This is the unvarnished truth, with all the spilled mango shake, questionable karaoke, and existential dread that comes with it.

E&C Tourist Inn, Room 18: My Dumaguete Diary (aka The Messy-But-Magical Adventure)

Day 1: The Arrival (and the Great Mosquito Massacre)

  • 1:00 PM: Flight lands in Dumaguete. Praise be! After that red-eye, I was starting to feel like a zombie. The airport? Charmingly chaotic. Luggage retrieval was a contact sport. Apparently, the key to survival is to stare down the baggage handlers with the intensity of a hawk.

  • 1:45 PM: Taxi to E&C Tourist Inn. Okay, first impressions. E&C? It's…charming. Let's call it "rustic." The lobby smells vaguely of old books and something…floral? I love floral, unless its too strong of a smell.

  • 2:30 PM: Check into Room 18. Ah, the hallowed halls of Room 18. It's smaller than my college dorm room, but clean. The bed looks…inviting. I mentally cross my fingers regarding the bed bugs. Actually, let's be honest the first thing I did was strip the bed and inspect.

  • 3:00 PM: The Great Mosquito Massacre Begins. Those little bloodsuckers? They knew I was new in town. I swear one of them was buzzing in my ear, laughing. I spent a solid hour swatting, cursing, and generally feeling like a particularly tasty buffet. Victory: semi-achieved, by which I mean, I killed five, but suspect there are plenty more waiting for me to fall asleep.

  • 4:00 PM: Finally, sanity restored…mostly. A shower does work wonders. Then, a walk to Rizal Boulevard. WOW. Ocean air. Seriously, the sunsets here are an absolute crime. They should be illegal, they're so beautiful. I wander the shops. I buy a shirt that probably screams "tourist," but who cares?

  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at a local carinderia. Lechon kawali, pork belly, and rice. Oh, GOD. It's glorious, it's greasy, and I'm pretty sure I'll need a lie-down after.

  • 8:00 PM: Karaoke. Yeah. My friend made me. My voice is atrocious. I'm pretty sure I butchered Bohemian Rhapsody, but the locals seem to enjoy it? Maybe they're being polite. Maybe they’re tone-deaf too. Anyway, I ordered a beer. Okay, I ordered two beers. Don’t ask.

  • 10:00 PM: Back to Room 18. I'm exhausted, happily full of delicious food, and slightly buzzed. Before sleep, I set up an elaborate mosquito-defense system. The war continues.

Day 2: Apo Island and Underwater Wonder (and minor sea sickness)

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up to the sweet, sweet sound of city sounds and the persistent buzz of a mosquito. (Damn you, tiny vampires!) Okay, time to get up. Coffee, must have coffee.

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast at a tiny cafe. This is the real deal. Rice, fried fish, and a sunny-side-up egg. Fueling up for the adventure.

  • 9:00 AM: The trip to Apo Island. We take a small boat, crossing the straits. I am so excited. That is until…the sea sickness kicks in. That rocking is a definite challenge. I am thankful for the ginger candy my friend gave me, and I am feeling better.

  • 10:00 AM: Snorkeling, snorkeling, snorkeling! Oh. My. God. The coral reefs are alive with color. Fish of every shade imaginable dart around me. I see a sea turtle. Literally, cried a little. The beauty is…overwhelming. The water is clear and warm, and for a moment, I forget the world. And the mosquito bites.

  • 1:00 PM: Back on the boat. We eat lunch. I'm still a little seasick, and still processing the underwater world.

  • 2:00 PM: Back in Dumaguete. I'm exhausted but exhilarated. Shower, bed, re-charge.

  • 4:00 PM: Silliman University. Campus tour, and I am impressed. It’s beautiful, the buildings are so old and charming. I feel like I've stepped into a movie, and the history feels alive.

  • 6:00 PM: Dinner. This time, I am trying to find some local cuisine.

  • 8:00 PM: An early night. I'm still a little tired from the sea.

Day 3: The Chocolate Hills of Dumaguete and Serendipitous Discoveries

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. This time it's pandesal, and it's heaven. The simplest things, right?

  • 9:00 AM: We're supposed to go to the Chocolate Hills, but the weather is bad. Okay, plan changed.

  • 10:00 AM: We head to a coffee shop. And, Oh. My. God the coffee is SO good. What even is this place? The barista knows the coffee, he knows the story behind the beans, and it is the best coffee I've ever had. I buy the beans.

  • 12:00 PM: We go to the Rizal Boulevard. The crowds are lively, the vendors are friendly. Everyone is so welcoming. I am realizing this is the best trip.

  • 2:00 PM: I decide to re-visit the market. This time, I'm more adventurous. I try new foods. I can't pronounce any of the names, but the vendor is patient, and I'm having fun!

  • 4:00 PM: I wander on a bridge. I see a sunset. It is stunning. I have to remind myself to breathe.

  • 6:00 PM: I go to a restaurant. I am finally ready to try some more food.

  • 8:00 PM: Time to call family.

  • 9:00 PM: I go back to my room.

Day 4: Departure (and the Epilogue of Imperfection)

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up. Pack. The usual. The Mosquito is still with me.
  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. One last breakfast. I am going to miss this.
  • 9:00 AM: Check out. Farewells, even though I know I'll be back.
  • 10:00 AM: Airport. Delayed flight, of course. Everything is fine, right?
  • 12:00 PM: Sitting on the plane, I look out the window, and I realize it was imperfect. The rain, the bug bites, the seasickness, the questionable karaoke, but it was perfectly me. Dumaguete and Room 18, you’ve seen my very best and very worst. And for that, I'm grateful. I'll be back. Mosquitoes and all.
Luxury 2BR Podomoro City Medan: Your Dream Apartment Awaits!

Book Now

E&C TOURIST INN RM-18 Dumaguete Philippines

E&C TOURIST INN RM-18 Dumaguete Philippines

E&C Tourist Inn RM-18: The Real Deal? (My Brain is Still Processing It)

Okay, seriously, what *is* RM-18 at E&C Tourist Inn? Everyone's talking about it... and is it worth all the hype?

Alright, alright, deep breaths. RM-18 at E&C Tourist Inn? It’s a *room*. I know, groundbreaking. But…it’s *the* room. The one everyone secretly hopes they snag, the one Instagram seems to have blessed with filter-free perfection. Is it worth the hype? Look, that depends. If you’re expecting the Ritz? Honey, you're in for a rude awakening. (More on that later, trust me.) But if you're after a clean, basic room, perfectly situated for exploring Dumaguete, and with a certain… *je ne sais quoi*? Then yes. Maybe. Kinda. See, it's complicated. It’s like a friend who’s a total disaster but you still love them.

Location, Location, Location! Where is this E&C Tourist Inn, and what's the neighborhood like?

The location? That's a major *win*. E&C is basically right in the heart of Dumaguete. Think a stone's throw (okay, maybe a good frisbee throw) from Silliman University, and a breezy walk to the Rizal Boulevard. The neighborhood? Alive! A glorious mix of student energy, local life, and the ever-present hum of scooters. You’ve got small eateries everywhere, street food that'll make you question your life choices (in a good way!), and the general chaos that I secretly adore. One night, I swear, a rooster started crowing at 3 AM. I nearly lost it. But hey, it’s authentic, right?

What are the rooms like? Specifically, what can I expect in RM-18 (besides Instagram-worthy views, allegedly)?

Okay, room specifics incoming, brace yourselves. RM-18... it's simple. REALLY simple. Don't expect a spa bath. Don't expect a walk-in closet. Expect a bed (surprisingly comfy, considering), a tiny TV (mostly shows static but whatever), and a bathroom that's… functional. The view? Yes, there *is* a view, and it’s the closest thing to a highlight reel, especially from the small balcony. You get a peek of the sea and the city which feels like pure magic at sunset. The room itself? Clean. Mostly. Okay, a little bit of wear and tear – a small crack here, a wonky plug there. But honestly, that’s part of the charm, right? It's a room that says, "Come on, be real. You're here to *experience* Dumaguete, not to be pampered." ...Although a decent shower would be nice, it's like Russian roulette every time you turn it on.

The "Charm" Factor: What makes RM-18 *special*? Beyond the basics.

Okay, here's where things get fuzzy, and deeply personal. RM-18's charm? It’s intangible. It's the feeling of being *there*. It's the quiet nights after a day of trekking, watching the city lights twinkle at whatever you are watching on your cellphone and thinking of all the things you want to go back and do the next day, a sense of peace mixed with excitement and that you are living life. It's the feeling that you're embedded in the city, not just passing through. I had one night where the rain was just pouring and the wind blowing, I thought the balcony and the door was going to break, and at the same time you can see the entire city light up. You will be exposed but still feel protected to your temporary bubble. It’s the… *vibe*. It's hard to put into words. I’m getting all sentimental now. Don’t judge me! The small balcony, which is a major risk factor for me to fall off from because I am a clumsy person, but still I love. It's the lack of pretense, It is the authenticity. It’s… well, it's *something*. Just don't expect perfection. Expect soul.

Okay, spill the tea: Any major downsides? What *was* the worst part?

Ugh. The downsides. Let's just rip off the band-aid, shall we? The noise. Be prepared for it. Scooters screaming down the street at all hours. Roosters (again with the roosters!). Construction (it's Dumaguete; someone's *always* building something). And, oh my god, the water pressure in the shower. Sometimes nonexistent. Sometimes a dribble. Sometimes scalding. Other times ice cold. It's a daily lottery! And the internet? Let's just say don't rely on it for important video calls. It comes and goes faster than my patience when I haven’t had coffee. Okay, I did a little rant there, sorry. BUT the worst part? (And I'm fighting the urge to dramatically clutch my chest here)… it's the fear of not getting the room! Seriously. The anticipation, the booking, the *praying* to the travel gods you do not know, they are listening. I spent weeks trying to secure it. I felt like I was entering some sort of VIP club! When I finally did? Euphoria. Pure, unadulterated euphoria.

Food, Glorious Food! Any nearby food recommendations?

Oh, the food! Dumaguete is a paradise for foodies. From E&C, you practically trip over amazing eats. Head to the boulevard for fresh seafood (don't be afraid to haggle!), try out the street food (the *kwek kwek* is calling your name!), and explore the local *carinderias* (small, family-run eateries) for authentic Filipino dishes. Definitely hit up a local *panciteria* (noodle place) – you won't regret it. Also, if you want to go further like 5-minute walk, check out some cafe for that social media post, it will be worth it I swear!

What’s the best way to book RM-18? Nightmare stories?

Booking RM-18… This is where it can get tricky. You can try booking through the usual online travel agencies, but, seriously, you're competing with a legion of other hopefuls. My best advice? Contact E&C directly. See if you can sweet talk them! Or be lucky enough to be there in low season. The most reliable way? Check on them every single day! That's what I did. I mean, every day, I checked the booking site. Constantly. I heard tales of people who had to take their chances on-site. I know someone who arrived at 6 am just to *try* and snag it. Now that's dedication! (Or perhaps, mild insanity, It was so worth itHotel For Travelers

E&C TOURIST INN RM-18 Dumaguete Philippines

E&C TOURIST INN RM-18 Dumaguete Philippines

E&C TOURIST INN RM-18 Dumaguete Philippines

E&C TOURIST INN RM-18 Dumaguete Philippines