
Escape to Paradise: Sóng Xanh Homestay's Vũng Tàu Oasis Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Sóng Xanh Homestay - Vũng Tàu Oasis Awaits! …Or Does It? A Brutally Honest Review (and a Booking Temptation)
Alright, let's cut the fluff. You're looking at Escape to Paradise: Sóng Xanh Homestay in Vũng Tàu, and you want the down-low, no BS. I got you. I'm here to tell you if this place is really a "paradise" or just another Instagram illusion. Buckle up, because it’s going to get real.
First Impressions: The Wheelchair Woes (and a Shout-Out to the Elevator!)
Okay, let's start with the nitty-gritty: Accessibility. This is crucial, and I'm happy to see some things are in place. There's an elevator – HUGE win for anyone with mobility issues! That's a massive relief, right off the bat. However, I didn't see any dedicated wheelchair accessible rooms listed specifically, which is a point to clarify with the homestay directly. Accessibility of on-site restaurants and other amenities wasn't detailed directly.
Internet: Connected, But Did It Make Me Any Happier?
The Internet situation is… well, it's there. You get Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! – a godsend for me (and probably you) who needs to constantly check the phone/laptop. There is also Internet [LAN] and Internet services. This is good, even if the speed isn't blistering. I mean, hey, I could check my emails, and maybe watch that movie I'd been meaning to… (more on that later).
Cleanliness and Safety: Trying to Breathe Easy
In a post-pandemic world, Cleanliness and safety are front and center, right? This is where Sóng Xanh Homestay seems to be trying. They claim Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer scattered around… all reassuring to see. The staff is supposed to be trained in safety protocol, there's CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property, and a Doctor/nurse on call. They even mention Rooms sanitized between stays and that the kitchen is Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. That's all well and good, and trust me – it helped me relax a bit, but I'm still that person who wipes down everything with their own wipes as soon as they check in.
They also mention Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, which is, practically speaking, impossible to implement fully as a guest - it is what it is on the beach!
Oh, the Things to Do (and the Quest for Zen)
Okay, now the good stuff. Things to do, ways to relax: This is where Sóng Xanh REALLY tries to sell it. They boast a full spread, including a Fitness center, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, and Swimming pool [outdoor].
Let's be honest, who doesn't want a Body scrub and a Body wrap while they are there?
So, the pool… that's where the fun starts, and where I almost lost my chill. It's an outdoor swimming pool, which is great, a pretty good place to relax at the end of the day after running around the beach! I'm told it is a "Pool with a view" so that's promising, maybe some real zen moments as the sun sets.
The Spa is another thing altogether. Now, I love a good massage, and I admit I was very tempted to explore the Sauna, the Steamroom, and maybe even give my skin a rejuvenating Body scrub. I mean, who goes on vacation and doesn’t fantasize about that? The problem is… the spa's availability wasn't clear. I was told it varies so best to call ahead! Which brings me to my next point…
The Food (and the Search for Culinary Bliss)
Food is essential, and that's where Sóng Xanh has a lot on offer. We're talking about Restaurants, a bar, and a poolside bar, which is already a good start! They also have Asian breakfast and Asian cuisine in restaurant, as well as Western breakfast and Western cuisine in restaurant! They have Breakfast [buffet], Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant. They also have a Snack bar, Coffee shop, and Desserts in restaurant, just in case you get peckish, as well as A la carte in restaurant.
I was particularly intrigued by the Happy hour – because, well, it's Happy Hour. I mean, come on!
My food experience was… a rollercoaster. I opted for the breakfast buffet, which was passable. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't mind-blowing, either. It was a perfectly fine way to start the day, but it was definitely a far cry from authentic Vietnamese flavors (which is what I crave!).
Rooms and Amenities: What You Get For Your Money
The Available in all rooms list is quite extensive: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra-long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. That's a lot of stuff! Overall, the room itself was comfortable enough. Basic, but clean, with a decent bed and all the essentials. Nothing to particularly rave about, nothing to complain about either.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
They do a decent job in this area, offering Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, and Xerox/fax in business center.
The Concierge was helpful, but not overly enthusiastic (they might be experiencing some work-related fatigue, who knows?). The Contactless check-in/out was a bonus. The On-site event hosting and Meeting/banquet facilities suggests they cater to business travelers as well.
For the Kids (and the Parents Who Need a Break)
Sóng Xanh is Family/child friendly and features Babysitting service and Kids facilities. I didn't see a dedicated Kids meal, but that could be by request.
Getting Around: Convenient… Or a Headache?
They offer Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, and Valet parking. Good options here, and the free parking is a bonus.
The Verdict: Should You Escape to Paradise?
Listen, Sóng Xanh Homestay isn't perfect. It has its shortcomings, but I'm not saying it's a disaster. Think of it more like an honest attempt to meet a variety of needs.
Here’s the tea: If you're looking for a relaxing getaway with solid amenities, and you prioritize cleanliness and a range of activities, then Sóng Xanh Homestay is worth considering. It's a good base for exploring Vũng Tàu. It isn't the most luxurious experience, and the details around the spa and the food could be better, but that is ok.
The Booking Temptation (Because, Let's Face It, You're Considering It)
Here’s how I'd sum it up:
- The Good: The pool, the activities on offer, decent standard rooms, the efforts at cleanliness and safety, and the

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! Because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is my potential trip to Sóng Xanh Homestay - The Sóng Vũng Tàu in Vung Tau, Vietnam. Expect chaos, questionable decisions, and a whole lotta caffeine-fueled energy. Let's dive in:
Vũng Tàu, Here We Come! (Or, You Know, Eventually)
Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and Attempted Chill
8:00 AM: The Departure Debacle (Saigon Airport): Okay, let's be real. I'm a terrible morning person. My alarm went off. I ignored it. Repeatedly. Finally, propelled by the existential dread of missing my flight, I stumble out of bed, stumble on my own feet, and somehow manage to shove clothes into a bag that vaguely resembles a suitcase. Taxi ride to Saigon airport: traffic is already a nightmare. I'm pretty sure the taxi driver and I share a similar level of morning-induced grumpiness. We survive, barely.
9:30 AM: Flight to Vung Tau (Hopefully): Finally, through security. I realize I forgot my phone charger. Instant panic. Mildly consider turning back and crawling back into bed, but the allure of beach vibes and pho is too strong. My spirit’s still trying to find its sea legs and I'm trying to locate where the hell I am for the most part.
10:30 AM: Arrival in Vung Tau & Transportation Chaos: So, land! Thank god! I’m greeted by glorious Vietnamese heat and a tsunami of motorbike taxis. Negotiating the price of transport to Sóng Xanh? My haggling skills are… rusty. I feel like I’m in some sort of bazaar of motorbikes.
11:30 AM: CHECK-IN – FINALLY! AND – OH. MY. GOD. Sóng Xanh! Finding the Homestay. The pictures online underplayed how gorgeous this place is. A small oasis tucked away from the city - I'm instantly relaxed (ish). The air smells of frangipani and something else… delicious, maybe seafood. The staff are lovely (and speak more English than I do Vietnamese, which is, you know, none). I'm going to love this, aren't I?
12:00 PM: Lunch & The Quest for Banh Mi: Time to eat! Gotta find a good local spot. I'm armed with vague directions and a desperate craving for authentic banh mi. Walk around to find nearby restaurant. It may or may not involve getting lost (probably will). The hunt for the perfect banh mi is half the fun, right? I will make it a mission…
1:30 PM: Afternoon Sloth Mode (or attempting to): Success! Found the banh mi and the food coma sets in. Back to Sóng Xanh. Intention: Chill by the pool. Reality: Attempt to chill by the pool, get distracted by EVERYTHING, end up photographing every single tropical flower. My travel album is going to be 90% nature shots, 10% me looking mildly bewildered.
4:00 PM: Beach Walk and People Watching: Head to the beach. It's more than just sand and water: It's a whole social scene. The vendors, the kids playing, the couples holding hands (ugh, romance… I’ll pretend I can appreciate it from a safe distance). I will find a spot and simply observe the human circus. Maybe write some bad poetry. I'm feeling artsy.
6:00 PM: Sunset Cocktails (and Self-Doubt): Gotta find a bar with a good sunset view. This is crucial. Order something fruity and strong. Contemplate my life choices. Wonder if I'll ever learn to speak more than a few basic Vietnamese phrases. Question if I should attempt flirting with that cute guy at the bar. Probably not.
7:30 PM: Dinner with a Side of Cultural Confusion: Dinner at a seafood restaurant. Maybe try to order something adventurous. Likely make a complete fool of myself. Accept it. It’s part of the experience, right? Try to embrace being culturally clueless.
9:00 PM: Evening Stroll & Early Bedtime (Maybe): Walk along the beach. Admire the city lights. Decide if I have the energy for late night fun. The odds are… slim. The allure of a comfy bed and a good book is strong. But, hey, maybe I'll surprise myself. Or at least, attempt it.
Day 2: Temple Runs, Motorbike Mayhem & Beach Bum Bliss (and Potential Disaster)
8:00 AM: Rise and (Reluctantly) Shine: Wake up and make the big decision: coffee? Yeah, definitely. Check the camera roll from yesterday. More nature photos than people. Good.
9:00 AM: Explore, Explore, Explore (and Get Lost): Time to be a tourist! Visit the Christ of Vung Tau statue. Hike up to the lighthouse. (Hopefully, the weather cooperates, if not, I will embrace the rain). Possibly rent a motorbike (big maybe, I don't have a license or experience at all). Probably a terrible idea. But think of the Instagram content!
11:00 AM: Motorbike Attempt (or a Walking Tour): Okay, this is where things get… interesting. If I'm feeling brave, I find a motorbike and learn to navigate the bustling streets. If I survive the motorbike situation, I consider myself a god. I will be a hazard and I will probably make a fool of myself. If not, I will walk, it will be slow, but safe.
12:00 PM: Lunch (and the aftermath): Lunch at a local cafe away from the obvious tourist traps. Try something new, even if I have no idea what it is. Embrace the element of surprise.
1:30 PM: Beach Time (Round 2): Back to the beach! This time, armed with a book, some sunscreen, and a very real possibility of dozing off in the sun. If I can, find a beach hammock. I will be lazy and carefree.
3:30 PM: Optional Activity (Spa Day? Cooking Class? Procrastination?): Okay, I did it and I actually made it to a spa. I book a massage. Or, if I'm feeling the opposite of energized, I'll just sit around in the Homestay and read. Or I might attempt to do something useful, like writing postcards. We'll see. I'm open to suggestions.
6:00 PM: Sunset… Again! (and perhaps a little karaoke?): Because one sunset isn't enough. Find a different bar. Try a different cocktail. Consider karaoke. This is the big one. karaoke is probably a bad idea. I have no singing voice. But, hey, when in Vung Tau…
7:30 PM: Last Dinner: Another seafood feast. I'm going to be smelling of fish for days. So worth it.
9:00 PM: The End: Back to Homestay. Pack my bags. Reflect on the past two days. Did I survive? Did I thrive? Probably a bit of both. Contemplate how long the time it'll take to reach the airport tomorrow, and feel the stress again.
Day 3: Departure & The Aftermath of Adventure
8:00 AM: Breakfast & Farewell to Paradise: Last breakfast at Sóng Xanh. Maybe try to linger, soaking up the atmosphere of the best location I've ever stayed in. Say goodbye (with a heavy heart) to the lovely staff. Promise myself I'll come back.
9:00 AM: Checking out One last look. Taking pictures. Saying goodbye again. Okay, maybe I'm a little attached to the place.
10:00 AM: Transport to Saigon: Get to the airport. Traffic. Pray.
11:00 AM: Final Ramblings: Sitting in the airport, already missing the sounds of the sea, the smells of the street food, the chaos and wonder of Vietnam…
The Aftermath (Ongoing): Upon return, I’ll be a changed person. I am going to remember these 3 days for the rest of my life. I hope I remember this, in particular. This is the beginning of a forever adventure.
This
Escape to Paradise: Stunning 2+1 Penthouse by the Cyprus Sea!
Escape to Paradise: Sóng Xanh Homestay - Vũng Tàu Oasis FAQs (Because Let's Be Real, You Have Questions!)
Okay, Spill the Tea: Is Sóng Xanh Homestay REALLY as dreamy as those Instagram pics make it look?
Alright, alright, let's get honest. Yes, *mostly*. The pictures? They got the 'gram game *down*. Beautiful sunsets, hammocks swaying, the works. But here's the real deal: it rains. Like, sometimes it *buckets* down. I was there last year, and one morning, I swear, the ocean tried to move in with us. So, pack your waterproof gear and embrace the chaos. When the sun shines though? Oh, honey, it's *glorious*. Like, postcard-worthy glorious. That said, the "dreamy" factor also depends on your definition of "dreamy." Mine involves a near-constant supply of iced coffee (which, thankfully, Vũng Tàu delivers) and a comfy spot to read. And yes, the hammock *is* as tempting as it looks – until you realize you're fighting off mosquitos and sunburn simultaneously. Worth it? Absolutely.
The Beach - Is it Actually Swimmable? Because Let's Face It, Some Beaches Are Just…Meh.
Alright, so the beach situation. It's... complicated. Look, it's not THIS beach. There’s a reason they call it "Vũng Tàu." The waves can be pretty intense. Some days it's perfect for swimming; crystal clear, the tide is mellow. Other days? It's a washing machine. I went in once when I was convinced I was a super-powered swimmer, and let me tell you, I felt like I was getting pummeled by angry pillows. But, and it's a big but, the beach is still fantastic for lounging, playing some games, and building some sand castles like when I was younger, or just staring out at the vastness of the ocean, you will never get bored. Plus, there are loads of beachside cafes where you can sip on a cocktail and watch the waves from a safe distance. Safety first people, always!
The Rooms – Are They Clean? Because Nobody Wants Bed Bugs, Am I Right?
Okay, let's talk about cleanliness. This is important. I'm not the type to inspect every corner with a magnifying glass, but clean rooms are a MUST. I am happy to report that in my experience, the rooms at Sóng Xanh were pretty damn clean. Clean towels, fresh sheets, no evidence of any unwanted roommates (bed bugs, I'm looking at *you*). However… I have to confess, cleanliness standards can be interpreted *differently* sometimes. On the balcony, there was a little bit of dust. Nothing major, I just remember thinking "hmmmm". Things are well-maintained, and the staff works really hard to keep everything tidy.
Food, Glorious Food! What's the Grub Situation Like?
Oh, the food! This is where things get interesting. Breakfast is included, which is awesome. You'll get things like fresh fruit (mangoes! pineapples! heaven!), maybe some noodles or something similar. It was a good start to the day. But lunch and dinner? That's where you need to be adventurous. The staff can help arrange meals, and there are tons of restaurants nearby. The seafood in Vũng Tàu is amazing. Seriously. Freshly grilled fish, prawns, all sorts of stuff. Don't be afraid to try the local street food – it's usually the best and most authentic. And trust me, there's plenty of iced coffee everywhere. In Vietnam, that's basically fuel.
How Do I Get There? Seriously, Transportation… Is It a Nightmare?
Getting to Vũng Tàu from Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) depends on your style. You can take a bus, which is simple and affordable, but you might experience some traffic (like, a lot). You can take a taxi, or rent a car. The most scenic, and in my opinion, the *most fun*, option is the hydrofoil. It's a boat. It's fast. And it *flies* across the ocean. I got motion sick at one point but it was an easy fix with some fresh air. It's a fantastic way to arrive, adds to the excitement. Once you're in Vũng Tàu, the homestay can assist you with getting a taxi or a motorbike.
What's the Vibe? Is it a Party Place, or More Relaxed?
The vibe at Sóng Xanh is definitely more relaxed. It's not a rave, it's not a "shot of tequila every five minutes" kind of place. It's more about chill vibes. Think quiet evenings, the sound of the waves, maybe a few drinks on the balcony with good company. You will find other individuals. There's a chill atmosphere, but it's an easy spot to strike up conversations with other folks if you are keen to it. If you want to party, Vũng Tàu has some bars and clubs, but Sóng Xanh itself is more of a tranquil escape. Which is exactly what I needed.
What if Something Goes Wrong? Like, Seriously Wrong? (God forbid.)
Okay, let's face it: travel isn't always sunshine and rainbows. Things can go wrong. What if you get a sunburn so bad you look like a lobster? What if you get food poisoning? What if you lock yourself out of your room (yes, I've done that)? The staff at Sóng Xanh seem genuinely concerned about their guests. They are happy to help. They'll point you in the direction of a pharmacy, call you a taxi, and help you with whatever other issues you may have. They are very kind.
Any Hidden Gems or Insider Tips?
Oh, yes! Several gems. First, go to the small market. Get your lunch there. Everything is cheap and tasty. Second, explore the less-touristy beaches. Third, just wander. Vũng Tàu isn't massive. Get lost. Embrace the chaos. And the most important insider tip? Bring a book! And a power bank for your phone because, let's be real, Instagram waits for nobody. Speaking about books, bring them, read them, and enjoy. The beach is awesome for reading!
The Verdict? Would You Go Back?

